Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Frontier Co-op Elderberries, European Whole, Certified Organic, Kosher, Non-irradiated | 1 lb. Bulk Bag | Sambucus nigra L.
|Price:||($1.85 / Ounce)|
- TOP-QUALITY ELDERBERRIES - Frontier Co-op Organic Elderberries (botanical name: Sambucus nigra) are part of the honeysuckle family. They are attractive, dark berries that are used to make jams, syrups, juices, and wine. They are often part of sweet treats, too – such as pies, crumbles, and more.
- FLAVORFUL, VERSATILE BERRIES - Elderberries deliver flexible options for many culinary needs. They are used in sweet syrups and desserts, and they provide a pleasant, fruity aroma. This dark, purple berry also complements teas and warming winter cordials.
- ROBUST AND TANGY - European elderberries are not the sweetest variety of berries available, but they are tart or bitter depending on the way you use them. Their flavor develops when mixed in foods or drinks.
- ORGANICALLY SOURCED IN BULGARIA - Our Bulgarian farmers grow these berries using non-irradiated processes and harvest them at the peak of their flavor. They maintain the plant’s moisture using unique and clean cropping techniques. Frontier Co-op Elderberries are also 100% kosher certified. There are no artificial additives or chemicals used at any stage of growing and processing.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Frontier Co-op Organic Elderberries are a common ingredient in jams, syrups, juices, and wine. Due to their tangy taste, they also mix well with pies, crumbles, and other sweet treats. This versatile product complements teas and warming winter cordials alike! These elderberries are certified organic, and no artificial additives or chemicals are used at any stage of harvesting and processing.
Elderberries are perfect with other fruits, and their earthy undertones are emphasized most when used in jams and jellies. You can also spice the berries up with cloves and cinnamon to make a quick and delicious treat!
Teas, jams, chutneys (Indian cuisine sauces), crumbles, pancakes, syrups, ice cream, homemade popsicles, sauces, pies
- 1 pound bulk bag (16 ounces)
- Certified Organic
- Kosher certified, non-irradiated
- The perfect addition to other fruits
- A popular ingredient for tea, sweet syrups, and desserts
- Botanical name: Sambucus nigra
Product detailsNumber of Items:1
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 10.5 x 8.5 x 0.3 inches; 1 Pounds
- UPC : 764442244438 757183744367 772195612619 089836027306
- Manufacturer : Frontier Co-op
- ASIN : B00RR27PHU
- Best Sellers Rank: #5,851 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- Customer Reviews:
To Boost the immune system.
To use as a tea, pour 1 cup boiling water over 1 tsp. of herb, cover and steep 3-5 minutes.
The products and claims made about specific products on or through this Site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. This Site is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Products, services, information and other content provided on this Site, including information that may be provided on this Site directly or by linking to third-party websites are provided for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have made many batches of elderberry syrup during the past few weeks (65 jars!). I received a new bag today from this company. Made one round of syrup. It looked somewhat oily on the top of the liquid. It has never looked that way before. The taste, even with honey and all the syrup ingredients, was horrific! I thought maybe I forgot an ingredient in the syrup. So I threw it out and started over. Same thing happened! Same disgusting taste. It says there are no returns (of course) but I would like a refund for a product I can't even use. My elderberry syrup customers were just told they need to wait a week for a new batch to arrive. I would give this zero stars but it makes me choose at least one star.
Our recipe is as follows:
Homemade Elderberry Syrup
4 cup black elderberries (1 lb dried)
12 cups of water
4-6 cinnamon sticks cinnamon powder
1/2 - 1 Tb whole cloves
48 oz local organic honey
How to Make Elderberry Syrup:
Pour water into medium saucepan and add elderberries, cinnamon and cloves (do not add honey yet!)
Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer for about an hour until the liquid has reduced by almost half. At that point, remove from heat and let cool enough to be handled. Pour through a strainer into a large mixing bowl. Press the berries to extract as much liquid as possible from them.
Discard the elderberries, cloves, and cinnamon sticks by composting them!
Add honey to the liquid. When honey is well mixed into the elderberry mixture, proceed to can it in 8 or 16 oz canning jars via water bath method.
Store open containers in the fridge (for up to 90 days) and take daily for its immune boosting properties. (Some sources recommend taking only during the week and not on the weekends to boost immunity)
Standard dose is 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp for kids and 1/2 Tbsp to 1 Tbsp for adults. If the flu or a cold does strike, take the normal dose every 2-3 hours instead of once a day until symptoms disappear.
*Recipe has been Modified from Wellness Mama
Cost comparison for 1 TB Serving size: Homemade is $.166/ounce & Store Bought $2.625/ounce.
-STORE VERSION: $21 for 16 servings (1 TB servings) $2.625 per ounce or $1.3125 per serving.
-ORGANIC HOMEMADE: 93 oz, $31 for 186 servings (1 TB servings) $.33 per ounce or $.166 per serving
Cost of Ingredients: Honey $11, $19 Elderberries $1.00 for spice to make 93 ounces. Each ounce is 2 servings.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.