Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Doppler $139.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis dm3 Shop Now toystl17_gno_dm3

Size: 8 B(M) US|Color: Black Soft Vintage Leather-77167|Change

Showing 1-10 of 655 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 714 reviews
on November 21, 2014
I purchased these boots in Cognac and Black over a year ago and they are really wonderful!
-COLOR- The cognac option seems to come in varying shades. I have seen some in a lighter tan shade and some (like mine) almost lean a medium shade of red-brown. The black pair have a glossier finish and dressier look then the cognac pair.
-SHAFT OPENING- The wide calf styles fit my 14.25" calf with jeans perfectly and do not look like wide calf boots on me. Regular width was impossible to pull on. I couldn't get my heel down in them.
-COMFORT- I have worn them to a convention where I walked around an exhibit hall for 6 hours with absolutely no discomfort, and I have worn them to work where I have to stand/walk around for 5 hours at a time.
-LEATHER- The leather gets softer over time and really molds to your foot. It is a great quality leather and you can tell it is genuine and top quality. The leather around the toes will eventually crease a bit where you bend them, especially if you are moving around a good bit in them, but this has not been something that bothers me. You can see the creases at the toe in my images. I used Frye's weatherproofing cream on the black pair and it did not change the color of the leather when applied. I have worn them in the rain a good number of times and have seen no change in the coloring or look of boots due to wet weather exposure.
-SIZING- I usually wear a 7.5 in closed toed shoes. I order an 8 in Frye boots and am able to wear varying thicknesses of socks comfortably. I would rather they be a little loose than too tight.
-SUMMARY- If you are asking yourself if they are worth the money, the answer is yes. I did watch out for deals and was able to find coupon codes each time I purchased but I would still have paid full price now that I own them and know how much I love them.
review image review image
on September 1, 2016
These boots are beautiful! Exactly what I expected from the FRYE brand and I can't believe I got them at such a great price! I ordered the cognac boots in the wide calf. I'm 5'8" and have 14.5" calves. I usually wear a 9.5 so that's what I ordered and they're perfect, with some room for a good pair of warm socks. These boots fit over a pair of jeggings just perfectly and hit at a good spot for my long legs. I am thrilled with them! I've had my eye on the Melissa's for so long and I can't believe they're finally mine and all that I expected!
review image
on October 16, 2016
I just received my order, when I opened my package I saw white dust on the boots. And the quality of the boots looks cheap or worn out.
review image review image review image
on August 27, 2012
I have 17" solid muscle dancer's calves, so finding boots that fit in the calf but don't bunch around the ankle is hard... and let's face it - this season is Riding Boot Crazy Town, with every manufacturer from here to the moon making their own version. Frye, luckily, has had quite some time to perfect their riding boots, and are known to equestrians everywhere. The Melissa Button Extended Calf Boot is more dainty than her counterpart, the FRYE Women's Veronica Slouch 77609 Knee-High Boot, and is very simple in lines and form. They are slightly taller than the Veronica Slouch, but do not go all the way up to the knee, and have a V-shape similar to a cowboy boot in the front top of the shaft detail, with two loops at the sides to help you pull them on. Low heeled and built for comfort, these have a small amount of arch support in the foot bed, if that's something you need, but honestly, it feels more like a reinforcement support for the stirrups if you ride. They are slimmer than the Veronica Slouch, which is more bulky and a bit biker-casual. The Extended Calf is also slightly tight on me, right leg in particular, but this can be loosened up with a professional shoe-stretch at your local cobbler. They don't bother my bunions...yet. These are also leather-lined, which I prefer over the Veronica Slouch. Make sure you purchase the "extended" selection with your color, or you will get the normal size shaft. If you are trying to decide (because it's not like we have many choices in the wide-calf or extended-calf boot market) between the Melissa Button Boot and the Veronica Slouch, Melissa is more sleek, more work appropriate, and also functions well as riding a boot. Neither boot will go all the way up. Don't buy Melissa if you don't like the slight cowboy look to the shaft opening. Make sure you order a half-size down. I'm a 9.5W-10B, generally--a 9.5B in Fryes--and the size 9B fit best.
0Comment| 196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2017
Great price for this boot. We surprised my mom for Mother's Day. She's been wanting these for a while, but didn't want to pull the trigger. She loves them and has hardly taken them off!! I have a pair of these boots so I can attest that they are quality boots. I have had mine for years now and they are still my favorite boots. I wear mine so much I have had to get them re-heeled a few times, and re-soled once (after many many miles walked over a month in Europe). I'm glad they are quality boots that are easy to get fixed up to tip top shape when I am too hard on them. I recommend buying the frye conditioner for leather. It makes my boots look almost brand new when clean them up with the conditioner. I want to buy more colors of these boots!!!
on June 5, 2017
Buy with caution: I got fakes, sold and fulfilled by Amazon.

I have an affinity for Frye boots and own a few pairs. I've tried on the Melissa Button boot before-- my sister owns them in the same size I wear, so I know exactly what to expect in terms of quality of craftsmanship, quality of leather, size, and fit. The boots I received were lacking in all types of quality, and were so small I could barely get my toes past the ankle, let alone my foot into the boot. They appeared to have been scaled down entirely, as they also were not as tall as they should have been. The workmanship on the sole was visibly sub-par. They arrived in a generic box (not a Frye branded box).

I know these are wonderful boots when they are real, which is why I bought them. I was surprised to find my Amazon purchase (again, sold by and fulfilled by Amazon, not a third party) was not a genuine item. I can only assume someone bought the real deal and returned these fakes for a credit. I don't know how else such an obvious fake could have gotten into Amazon's stock.
on January 10, 2017
I originally ordered a 8.5 (I usually wear an 8, but I was worried they would run large) in the regular calf size and they were much too big in the foot part and waaay too small in the calf. I have average size calves, and these boots appear to only fit those with the daintiest calves. So, back they went and I got the extended calf in an 8. They fit and feel fantastic! The color of the dark brown is a great shade that goes with any outfit, and the overall shape and height is flattering. I was worried that they would be slippery as the sole is smooth, but after walking a day around town the soles became textured and they have pretty decent grip now. So, if you have any meat on your calves, save yourself the time and effort and get the extended calf size!
on November 18, 2015
I love my Frye boots. I wear a size 6 and ordered a size 6. They recommend buying a size smaller, but I had tried on a smaller size in the store and was not comfortable with it. Thus, the reason the boot is a little bigger in fit. But, the boot is wonderful. I can wear socks with them to keep my feet warmer, more comfortable. As per the other customer reviews, I expect these boots will get more comfortable with time! Got them at great price, too.
on June 4, 2017
I love these boots! They are super comfy, the black is a true black (not distressed at all), the leather is soft and smooth and they keep their form (don't slouch down on your leg). I love them with dresses and I can fit a skinny jean in them perfectly. Not sure how they measure calf width because they say the calf opening is 15" and my calf measures about 15" at the widest and there is plenty of room (maybe I'm measuring my calf wrong but I run into this a lot when buying boots). They do run a little big, I would order either your normal size or maybe a half size down, definitely don't size up for these ones.
on March 3, 2017
The color of these books is fabulous and the leather is really nice. The footbed is really comfortable. The issue I had is that even with the wide calf sizing, the calf portion was still very tight and I could barely zip them up. I have an athletic build, but my calves are not overly big. I also did not like that the boot would scrunch up at the ankle. However, for someone with leaner calves, this boot is really beautiful and well made.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.