Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 14 reviews
on February 26, 2016
Red Wings have always been my favorites. I ordered a pair of Beckman Chukkas and was very disappointed in the fit, even after a lengthy break in period. There were two spots were the shoe dug into my foot/ankle, and I had to lace them very loosely. I took a chance with these...my first pair of Frye boots. I knew right away it was a good choice. They fit me perfectly and didn't really require much of a break in period at all. They are still getting more comfortable each time I wear them. This is a fairly unique color that has some real character. I expect them to last a long time. These really are works of art in addition to being very functional and comfortable footwear. And, made in the USA!
on November 3, 2016
Although the color in the product photograph is a different shade of brown (more reddish) than the actual boots (dark brown) I was very impressed when I opened the package. The boots are attractive, very well finished and of course made right here in the USA. The boots pair well with my dark blue jeans and a blazer or jacket. The size runs a bit large but that is not unusual for boots. I went down a half size and the boots fit very comfortably with pair of Thorlo Moderate padded hiking socks. Extremely comfortable and no breaking in period was needed. I look forward to years of wear from these Frye Walter Chukkas.
on October 19, 2015
I loved these boots. They fit like a glove, were very comfortable, and really sharp looking. The problem is that Frye has a problem with the bonding process for leather. I ordered these boots three times from three different vendors and, in all cases, the right boot had wrinkles on the top. Very, very noticeable and not a good look at all. This is not the normal break that you get when you walk in shoes; this was a problem with the leather bonding process because I could feel the wrinkles inside the boot as well. This only happened on the right boot, and I am guessing that there is some issue with the process or equipment. Since third try was not the charm, I gave up. If Frye would fix this problem I would certainly recommend them. No idea how well they hold up, and reviews are all over the map.
on October 24, 2013
I ordered this for my boyfriend who normally wears a 12.5-13 in Men's. We had to return twice- first time exchanging a 13 for a 12, then a 12 for a 11. The 11 fits him perfectly and he loves how they look and feel-incredible quality and craftsmanship! I was aware of the reviews that said to size down, but I had ignored that in ordering women's ones for myself and I was glad- in women's I found both boots and flats were true to my regular size. My only recommendation for men is to size down at least one size from your regular size in this boot. Otherwise, order away! Fantastic quality from Frye, as usual, and great pricing and service through Amazon!
on May 14, 2015
Excellent style and quality. Based on warnings from other reviewers, I purchased 1/2 size smaller than my usual footwear and fit is perfect. Now that shoes have been worn for a few days, they are extremely comfortable..
on November 2, 2016
I know they look good because people tell me so. SIZE: In New Balance I wear an 11.5. Magnanni (known to be a little small) 11.5. FRYE 9.5. 2 sizes smaller than my other shoes!
on December 1, 2013
This chukka is very nice and can be warned as casual or dress. I usually wear a 12W and ordered this in a 11.5. It fit perfectly and break-in was quick for me. Extremely well made.
on November 23, 2013
These shoes seem well made but the sizing is way off. I ordered a 10M in this shoe but normally wear a size 11.
on August 25, 2014
This is my first Frye boots. I've always wanted one but couldn't afford the style I so want - this Walter Chukka. So, when Amazon offered a 20% discount on this model, I decided to take the plunge. First off, the color is way darker than shown online. It is more of a chocolate brown than a reddish brown The shoes are made bigger than conventional sizes as I learned from reading reviews. The reviews helped me picked size 10.5 whereas I usually wear size 11 to 11.5. Still, the 10.5 feels big. I kept the shoes since I could wear thicker socks to hold my feet in comfort especially during cold season. The shoes are heavier than I imagine. Too heavy for me since I am used to wearing lighter shoes that are less than a pound. I have only worn them in two occasions and I already know they are not for walking or prolonged time on my feet. I have to honestly say that these are quality shoes made in the old traditional/classic ways - good leather. These shoes are more for show with nice jeans of any color especially beige or khakis. They feel, however, like it is very well made which is what Frye shoes are known for. They probably last longer than my life time if I may say so. I don't think I will buy another pair of Frye. I also love Pikolinos and Timberland as well as Clarks and Rockport
on March 4, 2014
I purchased these boots as a birthday present for hubbie and he loved them. I would suggest ordering a half or whole size smaller than is typically worn. He wears a 10.5 and the 10 is right for him. They have become his favorite boots. So classy!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question