BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Wonderstruck $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 8, 2014
Hi! I try to leave thorough reviews to help others. Please read!

-COLOR: The color of the grey boots was the most difficult part to comprehend when ordering. An image search online of these boots will show some more grey, some more taupe, some a muddy brown or beige. I have found this to be because the shoe ACTUALLY contains all of these varying degrees of color. This kind of blows my mind a little. They are grey but they are taupe as well. It really just depends on the lighting and what you are wearing it with. I attached several images to reflect this. All of these images were taken within a 5 minute span in the same spot just with different angles of lighting from the window. One of the photos shows the boots between a sweatshirt in true heather GREY and the Melissa Button boot in COGNAC brown. The color of the Paige boots is what one might call "greige" (grey+beige) since it is neither one nor the other, but kind of both. Overall, the color is a lighter shade than the amazon listing image AND it really is gorgeous and versatile.

-FINISH: The finish on these boots leaves a light grey, almost white dusty powder on the leather. It gives it a sort of suede look. It does rub off if you want to but if you choose to clean it off or weatherproof them (or use mink oil on them) then the color will become darker and will lose the suede look and leave more of a matte finish to the leather. This might also happen over time with wear as the dusty residue naturally leaves the boots. I was told by a friend that they will also show discoloration if worn in wet weather so you may want to decide whether to treat them and change the coloring or leave them at home on rainy/snowy days to preserve them as is.

-SIZING: I normally wear a size 7-7.5 in other shoe brands. I always order Frye boots in an 8 to wear with socks. I have no rubbing (and I have 1 wonky toe that always rubs in shoes) and I can wear them all day long. I have no problems pulling them on my foot.

-CALF WIDTH: I have a 14.25" calf and I have to order the wide calf in the Melissa Button. I did not order the wide calf in these (they aren't made in wide calf anyway) and they fit exactly right with bare legs, no jeans. I can fit them over jeans, it's just going to be a bit tight for a while. They will definitely fit over leggings/pantyhose.

-HEIGHT: Since everyone's body proportions are different, I thought it would be the most helpful to provide my measurements of just my leg from floor to knee. The first wrinkles of my knee area start at 16" from floor (in socks only, no shoes) and the boot hits me exactly in this area (see image). My actual kneecap measures 17" from the floor and clears the boot by about 1". As a side note, I am 5'4" and 130 lbs. See the next section for more details about height variance per pair.

-UNIQUE: Every pair is a little different. I have experienced this with every pair of Frye boots I own. I ordered a 2nd pair because the first pair I received had a long scratch and a heavily discolored area inconsistent with the rest of the shoe (natural results for leather, I know, but Im picky). The 2nd pair is near flawless and is in my "acceptable" range. Also, the first pair I ordered was around 1/2" taller than the 2nd pair, which actually made a huge difference for me as the height change worked in favor of my small stature.

Overall, 5 stars! Gorgeous, comfortable, versatile and will last for years. I got tired of buying $75 boots that needed replacing every season. I waited for a promo to order. They really are worth the money.
review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2016
Just wore my new Paige tall boots for the first time today. I have a couple pairs of frye Melissa buttons too that I LOVE so I couldn't wait to try this style. I got gray and the color is gorgeous! It's a very tan gray for sure, but I think that just makes it easier to pair with different outfits. It's a perfect soft light color in a powdery almost matte finish. They definitely aren't glossy which is what I wanted. I prefer a distressed look. In my Melissa buttons I get a half size up because I have wide feet, but in the Paige I got my true size and it was perfect. I have plenty of length in the toe, and the width is just slightly tight but not in a bad way. After a couple months of wear it will be molded perfectly and fit even better than my Melissas. These boots are stiffer than I expected, especially where the ankle bends so they aren't as comfortable as I expected, but hopefully over time that will soften up some. These fit my calves great and I can easily wear skinny jeans in them. They come to just below my knees and look incredible! They are a little tough to get on and off, but I don't mind. Overall I'm in love with them! I'm already planning my next color in these boots!
review image
on December 25, 2015
I had been shopping for just the right boot in regards to color, heel height, quality and fashion. I finally came across this boot after months of searching and I am so happy with my purchase. Yes, they are pricey but MAN are they worth it! I absolutely LOVE them! I did read the reviews and ordered a half size smaller than my usual size 9 and they fit nicely with thinner socks. My heel does not come out when I walk as some reviewers mentioned. They go on and come off easy enough and the calf size if perfect with leggings or skinny jeans. I don't know my calf size to help you with fit, but I think my calves maybe a little large as I run/walk a lot. The leather is glove soft and smells wonderful. I could NOT be HAPPIER!
on February 2, 2016
Very cute and great quality leather however i do worry about them standing up to long term use. The sole is very very thin (total opposite of my Campus boots). The toe area already shows alot of wear and they are only a month old. The antique tan color is gorgeous. I normally wear a 9 and an 8 fit me. The leather relaxes/stretches a good bit so don't worry if you struggle getting them on at first.
on July 25, 2014
Hi,
I've been eying Frye boots for a while and couldn't myself to buy them due to the price. But they have the style. So I kicked down and bought this boot. I am normally a size 7.5 but I keep getting boots this size and they are squeezing my feet in different places. So I bought the size 8M. They are a little big, but I want to put an insole in them which will help. The calf fits great! I have at least a 16" round calf... BUT! The stitching on the bottom and on the leather at the foot does not look well done. It looks janky. My cowboy boots for half the price have better stitching than this! so this is why the 3 star--just not well done craftsmanship for the how expensive Frye cost...they are proud.
on January 7, 2015
My sweet husband bought these for me as a Christmas gift. This will be the 4th pair of Frye boots that I own and I will never own anything else. These are the most well made boots. They have soles that are sewn on rather than glued so they can be resoled at a later time. For that one reason I just love them.

Yes they are rather expensive but you get what you pay for! They are made of the best quality leather and they fit true to size. I'm a size 8 with somewhat fat calves and these fit perfectly. The color was true to the picture too! I really can't say enough good things about this company. They truly do make the finest boots!
on November 5, 2014
These are my third pair of FRYE boots, and they deliver the same quality and comfort that I have come to expect from the brand.

True to fit for sizing and consistent with my other pairs of FRYE boots, the leather was buttery soft and beautiful. The colour is more of a taupe-grey, rather than a true grey, but it's a fantastic neutral colour that's unusual and draws a lot of compliments. When the boots arrive, they will be coated in a waxy residue that wipes off easily.

This style runs a bit larger in the calf, which is fantastic for me, as I usually have to resort to wide-calf styles. They are a bit more of a casual style as they slouch a little in the ankle, but that doesn't detract at all.

I absolutely love each and every single pair of my FRYE boots; they are expensive, but so worth every penny as I know that these boots will last for a very long time.
on June 29, 2017
For a pull on boot, I was concern, due to some pull on boots is hard to pull on and off. But not these, this size (7.5) fit exact and the color also.
on October 1, 2014
I bought these because they're advertised as "wide calf". I have a 16 inch calf and it's extremely difficult to find boots that fit. Just got these today and I'm extremely disappointed. The boots look beautiful, but they're not even close to being "wide calf". The description says the shaft opening is "approximately 16" but I can't get my leg into them at all. I just measured them and the opening is less than 15 inches at the widest part. I'm sure there is some varying from boot to boot... but over an inch is a bit much when you're telling people they're wide calf. I'll have to return them.
on October 28, 2015
Great boots. They fit me just to the knee, so they have the long look, but over the knee styles look ridiculous on me, as I'm not tall. Need no break-in. To burnish the leather, just wipe with a soft cloth. I have these boots in two colors, and love them both.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.