Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 131 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 147 reviews
on December 23, 2014
I ordered these as a gift for my girlfriend. She sent me the link to the boots that these are supposed to be on the Frye web site. Being the deal finder that I am, I searched around elsewhere to find them. Since I wasn't 100% sure that these are the same boots that my girlfriend picked out, I ordered one pair from Frye and one from Amazon to compare since both sites offer free return shipping. Well they both came and while they are a very, very good knock-off, they are most certainly fake. The label was the dead give away as it is not sown in to the boot lining the way real Frye boots are. The stitching is also obviously of lesser quality and the lining just doesn't have the same feel as the real ones. Do not buy these unless you are OK with fakes.
review image review image
11 comment| 170 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2016
Solid 3 stars. I purchased the black in size 10 regular width. My calves are 15.5" around at the largest part, I am 5'8" tall and weigh 150 pounds and have an athletic hourglass build. These boots fit my calves with room to spare. I can fit leggings and skinny jeans in these no problem. I could also get my foot in these no problem. My feet are skinny and I have a high arch. Overall no complaints there. They are very cute and the leather is nice. I love the leather lining. I wish all leather boots also had a leather lining.

The reasons why I returned was due to the bottoms being so slippery and I know I'd have to continually add non skid pads to them. I live in Minnesota and the seasons in which I would wear these would require some modifications to prevent myself from falling all the time. The other reason for return was something baggy and weird with the ankle area. With each step the boots would move in that area and rub and I don't care how cute something is, I can't stand for that. So back they go although they are cute. I will caution anyone with calves smaller than 15" on buying and successfully wearing these because I think they'd be too sloppy.

I ordered these after price stalking and endless online searching to find Frye boots. I am an avid Zappos shopper and I buy a lot from their site but I just couldn't see myself spending $400+ on a pair of Frye boots, so I went to Amazon. To the people who sadly received fake boots, that truly sucks! I will say that you need to double check the seller name as you select a size and color. My boots came from 6pm which is a Zappos sister/cousin company and they don't sell fakes (or shouldn't!) as Zappos has legit Frye boots, so I don't see why they would sell fake Fryes. Do your research. Also, if you think the price is too good to be true, order from Amazon and also order from Zappos or Frye itself to compare (Zappos and Frye have free shipping).
review image review image review image
on July 7, 2016
i absolutely love these boots! i am most definitely a boot whore, owning 23 pair, soon to be 25 as i am waiting for the arrival of two more. one of those is the dark brown calf version of these black calf paige beauties. i have problem feet that are too wide for most women's shoes. my once monstrous calves have slimmed down so that i can now get them into most boots. all of that is leading up to this-these boots are wide enough in the foot not to pinch my toes. every time i wear them they fit better. i have plenty of room in the calf, but without being funny looking.at 5'5" they cover the lower half of my knee caps, and the 'v' cut-out in the back enables me to bend my knees without any trouble. comfort is hard for me to find, but i have found it in these gorgeous boots! They are so wonderful that i am getting them in the dark brown calf, also. i highly recommend these boots to everyone.the only drawback- as with any leather sole, they are slippery. mine are sporting rubber pads on the soles.
These do stretch in the foot. Do not order up in size. If you are between sizes, order the smaller.
on January 18, 2016
I wear between a 7 1/2 and 8 and I got the 7 1/2. Like all leather they do stretch out just a little. I have flat feet and there is still room for a thick sock in the length not width for me. The boots came in a shady brown box that wasn't original but the deep leather smell was there so I suppose they are real. Wear them all the time and they don't scuff easily cause I'm the queen of scuffs. The soles of the shoes are leather and not durable and will probably need replacing after 2 seasons. Also the bottoms are slick so I suggest buying some rubber grips for them. Other than that I love them and they make me look fancy!

UPDATE**** after one season leather still looks great, smells leathery still, and minor scuffs. Soles are looking warn, but heals are holding up without the paint coming off.
review image review image review image review image review image
on October 13, 2014
I already owned a pair of the Paige boots in the burnished distressed gray, and I loved them. So of course when I needed new black boots, I turned to the Frye brand again. I usually am between 8.5-9s and went with the 9s. They do not disappoint! They are tall (I'm 5'7" with long legs) and come up to just under my kneecaps. They are not a snug fit in the calves--I have average calves and there is some room in the shaft, but not so much that they look sloppy. There is some slouching in the ankle area but not enough to detract from the overall look of the boot. The black leather is smooth and polished enough to work with some more dressy outfits, but also works with casual clothes like skinny jeans and leggings. I love these boots and they will be a go-to in my wardrobe for a long time!

EDIT: I've owned these boots for over a year now and they are still excellent. They are more stiff and upright than the distressed finish version that I bought previously. The leather does become a bit more flexible with wear, and they are more comfortable and adjust to your feet with wear and time. The soles are starting to show some wear (totally expected) and they do NOT have any traction, just in case any of you are thinking of wearing them in snow or on icy sidewalks or streets. Typically I wear these with skirts/dresses, skinny jeans or leggings. Proper maintenance (waterproofing, polishing) and storage will help extend their lifespan. If you're going to spend the money on them, spend a little extra to make sure they last!
on August 11, 2014
I loved these Frye Paige riding boots. They are true to size are are a beautiful and soft, yet sturdy leather. My only problem, and the reason I returned them, was that they have a larger half circumference. I have "smaller" calves, but I think these boots would work wonderfully for someone with a 15-16 calf circumference. The Frye Tall Melissa Riding boot, which looks nearly identical to this boot, works better for a 13-14 inch calf.
on November 21, 2016
I was really looking forward to getting these boots but was disappointed. It's great quality, but the fit was off. I ordered my usual size (9.5) but the shaft, particularly also the ankle area, looked huge on me. It actually looked almost like rain boots. On the flip side, my girlfriend tried them on (before I returned them) and she had the opposite problem. Strange and definitely not worth the money.
on October 29, 2013
This is my second pair of Frye boots (the first pair has a heel) and I had been eyeing this style forever. I finally went for it when they were an Amazon Deal of the Day. The leather is a nice deep brown (I have the dark brown calf shine) and the leather is beautiful and soft. I always make sure to use the Frye leather protector in order to keep the leather nice and clean. Like my other pair of Fryes, you really need to give it a while before the boots become easy to get on and off. At first they are going to be tighter around the heel, but this is totally normal. As you wear them they mold to your foot and are incredibly comfortable. I took these boots on a trip to Europe where I walked all over the place and they were fantastic. They were comfortable and stylish. The only problem is I totally want another pair in a different color.
on October 9, 2016
These boots are awesome for my pirate costume! I love that they don't have zippers because it drives me crazy to wear zippers at a Renaissance Festival or pirate event. The soles are really slippery and I intend to get them redone with synthetic soles to make them more durable. Other than that, I absolutely LOVE these boots! I think they are a unique look, comfortable, and nice quality.
on August 5, 2017
Love these boots so much! I did have to exchange them on Amazon for a size bigger but they are fabulous!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.