Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 68 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 71 reviews
on October 25, 2013
This is a beautifully made boot and consistent with FRYE's quality however the Camel color is a bit on the light orangey side and the scrunch of the shaft was way more than I expected. I have a Veronica short and LOVE it but thought I'd give the Shortie a try.

The fit felt right on. I normally wear a 7.5 to 8 in shoes and got these is a 7.5. The length was perfect with just a bit of heel slippage (but not blister causing!). The instep was a tad tight but I expect would be easy to break in based on the quality of the leater.

Note that these boots have the same shaft height and circumference than the Short, with the major difference being in the shape of the shaft. The Veronica Short is stiffer (but beautifully soft leather) while the Veronica Shortie has a very unstructured shaft that gives it that scrunch-ability. If you are looking for a beautiful, slouchy boot, this one will not disappoint!
on May 13, 2015
Really nice boot. Bought the soft grey color. The color is true to the online picture and different from the usual browns. Im a size 8 M, bought the 8M, and the length is true to size. The toe bed is a bit snug, so no thick socks. Looks great with leggins/jeggings. The leather is great quality. The leather in the shaft area is soft and not stiff, but does not slouch, if that makes sense, which I like. Pulling these on and off is easy, but the snug toe bed does take an extra second to pop your feet in, and I have regular size feet, not wide. Overall, great quality, true color as posted, but the price is crazy high. Got these for $160 here, definitely wouldnt pay the $280+ although its a really nice boot. Keeping mine due to the great price and quality but Frye needs to price this shoe around $175-190 at best. A lot of the dressier, high fashion boots cost less than this model.
on January 27, 2017
I have been wanting these boots for a long time. I have 2 other pair of Frye boots and I always struggle with the price tag. I don't mind spending money on good, quality shoes but Frye is out of my financial comfort zone. However, I am quickly assured that I have made a sound investment with each pair. My first pair were Campus. Ordered too big but after finding the right insole, they are perfect. Second was Veronica Slouch tall. Such a Bad A** looking boot!! Ordered normal size (10). Had to have them professionally stretched. They were so very hard to get on at first and leather was so stiff across the wide part of the foot, I was worried I made a painful investment. However, the boot stretching got it to a comfortable level that I could break them in more myself. 5 years my fav and they are very comfortable and still in great shape. These Veronica Short are the same (stiff, hard to get on) but seems like the leather is a bit softer. I think ordering up would be a mistake. It will take me a few less than comfortable days to get them broke in. I wore them at work, walking on concrete, first day for 8 hrs before having to relieve my feet. Not too bad. But I was wearing very thin socks too. My right foot is bigger than my left by about a half size but an 11 would be too big. Very odd. I have a boot stretcher and will use it on the right boot. This boot is slouchier than I had hoped. The shaft is quite flimsy but my calves are big enough to fill it in. I don't think it will be an issue. The color Whiskey is a little on the orange side but not a deal breaker. Goes perfect with leggings and skinny. Have tried boot cut jeans with success too. I tried to save money and ordered 4 other similar style boots (including the Frye Harness short, which I realize isn't saving any money) but it just wasn't what I wanted. These boots are very close to perfect and after a few days of breaking in, they will be. Choose your favorite color and order now! I will most likely be saving up for another pair next year.
review image
on August 11, 2016
I received my boots today. I ordered the whiskey color, which in person is a burnt reddish orange. Very pretty boot but I agree with another reviewer that said the boot is quite slouchy, it doesn't stand up like pictured. The shaft leather is a thinner, soft leather with no firmness to keep it up so therefore you get a slouch. But I'm keeping them, they were comfortable feeling when I tried them on and walked around my house a bit, plus an awesome price around 140.00. I always order a half size bigger in Frye boots. Or any boots for that matter.
on March 4, 2017
These boots are awesome. Everone compliments me on them. They look good in regular jeans, skinny jeans and leggings. They are also one of the most comfortable boots I've bought. I was unsure of the size I needed, so I read the reviews and ordered a half size up from my other shoes. I can wear a 8.5 - 10 , so it's usually hard to order online. But these came in quick fit great.
review image
on April 3, 2017
i have not had a chance to spend any time outside the house in these , but they feel great and are so beautiful !! very soft shaft, nice leather...i will update if my love for these boots changes !!....update : I wore these boots out on a motorcycle ride , stopped for dinner , did some shopping , and i had no problems at all !! ( was in them for about 8 hours ) i love these boots even more !!
on March 27, 2013
I researched this company and these boots quite a bit before purchase. I adore them, well worth the money. Some suggestions...

-I wear a 9, these are a bit narrow. It's fine as they become broken in, but if you're on the edge you might go 1/2 a size up.

-I got the burnt red, these do scuff easily, I think that adds a lot of character and is what I wanted for these, but they will not stay pristine if that's what you want.

-The red leather inside is unlined, so they will stain white socks at first. Seems to wash out ok though.
on January 9, 2017
I love these boots! I wear them nearly every day. They fit like a dream, and they stand up to rain, sleet and snow like a champ. I love the slouchy ankles, and they help me look put together in a rougher winter climate. They also have good, solid treads, great for walking.

Two small complaints: I wish the Frye label was not high up in the outside inner rim of the boot opening. It makes the tag visible from certain angles which looks a little tacky when it happens. Also the soft leather that lets the boots slouch is so soft, they fold over when you're not wearing them, so you can't slip these boots on without your hands. These are SMALL complaints, these boots are great.
on December 2, 2016
The sizing of these is bad. I had to order 3 different sizes and when I finally got the 8s they fit identical to the 7-1/2. They might have indeed been 7-1/2s because there is no size marked anywhere on or in the actual shoe. The sole is too hard to be practical or comfortable. There is also a weird texture on the bottom of the sole that makes them extra slick and prone to slipping.. its gritty in a bad way like you have a rock stuck that scrapes, but its the sole of the shoe. The leather can be stretched to accommodate wider feet but these are really stiff shoes that look great but don't feel good in a couple different and important ways.
on November 22, 2014
These boots are gorgeous and worth every penny - no doubt about it.
I ordered a size 9, bigger than my usual size, to accommodate for socks but they ended up being too big. Also, in person I wasn't so crazy for the colour (I had bought the Whiskey Soft Vintage). I ended up returning them for those reasons, but bought a size smaller and in the Camel colour and they are perfect in every way!
Amazon service was amazing, as usual.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.