Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

FRYE Women's Veronica Slouch Boot, Black Tumbled Full Grain Leather, 9 M US
Size: 9 B(M) US|Color: Black Tumbled Full Grain Leather-77605|Change
Price:$368.00+ Free shipping

on November 17, 2015
Love these! Tried these on in a department store 18 months ago and watched and waited. When the sale hit on Amazon I went for it. Boots arrived quickly. Well made and fit as expected. Color of leather varies some from photo but I like it in real life much more. Fit great with my skinny jeans and look great on bare legs too. Definitely made for smaller calves. The height of the shaft is perfect. At 5'3" many boot shafts can be too tall. These are perfect.
review imagereview imagereview image
57 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon October 23, 2013
I ordered these in my regular size of 8 1/2. I truly am a size 8 1/2 Wide but I went with the 8 1/2 instead of upsizing to a 9 because I didn't plan on wearing thick socks (but I still can) and I was concerned about my heel slipping if they are too large. The 8 1/2 fit me perfectly. I was concerned about my larger than normal calves but it wasn't an issue there, either. The stock photo depicts a structured boot but it is not. The leather is not lined and does slouch. I will include pics in the photo section of my dark brown, soft vintage Veronica slouch boots.
review image
208 people found this helpful
on September 21, 2015
I received these boots two days ago and the stitching is loose on one side of the boots. I expected much better quality from a boot that costs over $200. Buyer beware.
review image
19 people found this helpful
on April 17, 2016
I ordered these in the black tumbled full grain leather, and was rather shocked at how pebbly and rough the leather felt. I read the other reviews and thought it would still feel like nice leather, but (even though these smelled divine) the leather is the reason for my return. I have nerve pain on my left arch and can't bear shoes pressing down on the top of that foot. I found the Frye Veronica shorties this winter in the soft vintage leather and adore them! It took me a day to mold those with a shoe insert and a wadded up sock wedged above it to raise that leather area so it wouldn't press on the nerve. ONE DAY!! The leather of the soft vintage is amazing and soft; the tumbled full grain is really rough and super stiff - and there are really rough areas inside at the heel that tore up my heel after very little time, too. I don't think these would have ever become as comfortable as the others (which had a break-in period; just not a bad one). It really does make a difference which leather will work for your needs. I am a little unsure of how well the soft vintage leather will hold up when I finally cough up the money for them in talls (the tumbled full grains were ridiculously on sale - likely because of the leather issues) but that's my plan.
5 people found this helpful
on February 25, 2016
Having read reviews about the issue with size 10 in particular, I was nervous about ordering these boots. I should have trusted my instinct. Got the size 10 (my normal size). My foot is average to narrow, with a medium arch: not wide, not an unusually high; calf is a medium circumference. I wear a size 10 in all but running shoes, where I go up a half size.

Loved the boots as soon as I opened the box. Wonderful quality of leather, great style. After unbuckling both the calf and ankle straps, I was able to get the boot on my right foot. The discomfort was immediate, and quickly morphed into actual pain. Felt like my entire foot was in a vise. WAY to tight. Not just too short in length, but the overall foot area was far too small. Boot came off and went right back in the box.

I promptly ordered the size 11, thinking that would be perfect. Nope. Size 11 seemed true to size -- and therefore far too big -- so they are (sadly) going back as well.

Don't know what the problem is with the shoe form the Frye Company is using to make the size 10 in this style, but it is off at least a half size not just in length, but in foot height and width as well. The entire foot area was too small/tight. Such a disappointment because the style is great.
5 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Petson January 24, 2016
Ok so I'm petite, only 5 feet tall. Finding tall boots that fit below my knee in a normal spot is virtually impossible. However these fit perfectly! Right at the widest part of my calf! They are super soft and for me my normal frye size of 6.5. Sometimes I have to go to a 7 if it runs small but these fit great. I was able to break them in during normal work hours and got tons of compliments. They are gorgeous and I'm saddened I live in South Floridasnd can't wear them for too long. I got them on sale here too. The color is the cognac and its stunning. Best purchase I've made in a long time and I urge you to get them!!! A note in calf sizing, I have rather thing calves and they fit exact, if your calves are a bit wider than normal I suggest getting the wider ones for sure.
3 people found this helpful
on January 16, 2017
I finally took the plunge with Frye brand. I was a little nervous with ordering Frye online without trying them on in a store first. Thankfully, with these being on sale and going by reviews, I chanced getting my usual 6.5M size in boots. I found the boot fit to be similar to Clarks, Nine West & Timberland.

These fit so well, with just slight wiggle room in heel (I have a slightly narrow heel & higher arch). They slip on easier than expected (with medium thick sock) and hit roughly 2-2.5" under the crease/bend behind the knee (I'm 5'2")...perfect! --Exactly the shaft height I was wanting!! These also hit at the thickest part of my calves with a couple inches room to spare...without looking huge.

Overall, I love these tall boots.
One person found this helpful
on May 26, 2017
Love the color thats they only reason i bought the veronica because it sold out in my normal Phillip harness tall boot but still on the fence upper leather is very thin and not fond of the suede material inside with way it clings to socks so still debating but its all about the color. I have read many positive reviews and that may push me to keep. Again its a Frye and they always have a beautiful product. I just prefer a more structured top i keep wanting to pull them straight.
2 people found this helpful
on July 14, 2015
Update: 12/30/15: I have been wearing the boots since fall and now into winter. They were a touch snug at first so I had to stick with thin socks, and there was a bit of heel slippage the first 1-2 wears. Since then, they get more comfortable with every wear. I can now wear thicker socks comfortably if I want, and I can even fit insoles in them. The toes have scuffed up a bit, but that's my fault for not putting anything on them to protect them yet :/ However I don't think it looks bad and adds to the worn look.

Original Review:
The boots are gorgeous, and the price was excellent... However I found it to be a little odd that they arrived in an unmarked, brown cardboard boot box (one which was clearly made for taller boots than these). But, if they're not real, I sure as heck can't tell the difference. They're definitely leather, have logos and markings and tags all in the places I would expect them to be, everything looks legitimate except the questionable packaging.

As for the product itself, the leather is beautiful and soft, with just the right amount of slouchiness. Apparently I have narrow calves (about 14") for my shoe size (9.5) and these fit just how I would want them to (i can fit a couple fingers between my bare leg and the shaft). 99% of boots I try on have a calf that evidently assumes big feet and thick calves always go hand in hand. They also have an adjustable buckle at the top to make it tighter or more loose. Since it's July, I can't make any claims about how comfortable they are because I probably won't be wearing them for a couple of months. I bought my normal size, a 9.5, and it fits with the right amount of room to wear a sock, there's a bit of heel slip but evidently that's pretty normal at first.
One person found this helpful
on March 27, 2014
I was very excited to have finally bought these boots. I have been mulling over the purchase for almost a couple of years now. I have not been disappointed! They are absolutely beautiful. The soft leather at the top enables them to actually slouch a bit. But it's not so thin that they appear cheap- not even remotely. I was able to cinch in the top portion a bit in order to snug the boot to my calf- I really like that. I am 5'5" and wear a size 10 in athletic shoes. I have very narrow feet, so I often wear a 9 in sandals because the width fits more snugly. So trying to decide which size to order was my first challenge. I decided to go with a 10, assuming I would need the extra length as I do in my shoes for running and playing tennis. They fit very well. I still have room for thick socks. Even with narrow feet, I do have to work a little to get my food into the boot. I could see how someone with a wider foot could have a little trouble getting the boot on. Though once my foot is in the foot bed, it is very very comfortable. But here is where my issue arises… I assume that it is because of my narrow foot, but I cannot seem to keep my socks on my feet when walking in these boots. They slide ever so slowly off of my heel and under my feet with each step I take. I keep experimenting with different types of socks and am confident that I will find some that will hold tight! Even despite this issue, I have worn these boots almost every day since receiving them. They are so beautiful and comfortable that I am determined to figure out my sock issue! Overall I do love my boots. An excellent purchase!!
3 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.