|Item model number||AC401|
|Item Weight||1.04 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||4.8 x 3.3 x 6.2 inches|
|Item Dimensions L x W x H||4.8 x 3.3 x 6.2 inches|
FSP Windale 4 CPU Cooler 4 Direct Contact Heatpipes 6mm Aluminum Alloy with 120mm PWM Fan (AC401)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel: LGA 1150, LGA 1155/Socket H2, LGA 1156/Socket H, LGA 1366/Socket B, LGA 2011/Socket R, LGA 775/Socket T, LGA 2066(X299)| AMD: Socket FM2, Socket FM1, Socket AM4, Socket AM3+, Socket AM3, Socket AM2+, Socket AM2
- Direct heat-pipes conduct CPU dice for better cooling performance
- Patented solder- less louver fin assembly to increase Heat-pipe ventilation | 120 mm optimized cooling fin design
- Universal mounting bracket compatible with the latest sockets of Intel and AMD
- Extreme silent 120 mm fan with anti-vibration rubber used to minimize movement and noise
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
CPU Direct Contact Technology
Four heat pipes with direct contact of CPU, and 100% copper heatpipes are in contact with the base to create a large thermal area and enhance the heat conduction from the CPU to the heatsink, this protects the CPU and extends its lifespan.
Best Air Flow With Fin Design
The four rectangular holes are placed on each cooling fin to increase the surface area for heat conduction, which improves the interior air flow and the heat emission.
Optimized Fin Design
Windale 4 is coated with unique surface treatment and enhanced with a 120 mm fin design for better heat dissipation and optimized cooling effects.
Windale Series Get Ready for AMD RYZEN and Intel Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X
AMD: FM2+, FM2, FM1, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, AM4.
INTEL: LGA 775, 1150, 1155, 1156, 1366, 2011, 2066.
Best Performance and Silent Fan
With paragliding blade design, the fan keeps airflow over key components more efficient and decreases noise.
Easy Installation for Intel and AMD CPU
Windale 4 equips with multiple clips to support installation. The universal mounting bracket is compatible with both sockets of Intel and AMD.
|LED||No LED||Blue LED||White LED|
|Dimensions (LxWxH)||122 x 83 x 158mm||122 x 110 x 165 mm||122 x 110 x 165 mm|
|Weight||620g (1.36lb)||823g (1.81lb)||823g (1.81lb)|
|Heatsink Material||Aluminum Alloy||Aluminum Alloy with black plating||Aluminum Alloy with black plating|
|Heat-pipe||6mm x 4PCS||6mm x 6PCS||6mm x 6PCS|
|Fan Speed||600-1600 RPM (PWM) ± 15%||600-1600 RPM (PWM) ± 15%||600-1600 RPM (PWM) ± 15%|
|Bearing Type||Sleeve Bearing||Sleeve Bearing||Sleeve Bearing|
|Fan Air Flow||60 CFM ± 10%||60 CFM ± 10%||60 CFM ± 10%|
|Noise Level||32 dBA||32 dBA||32 dBA|
FSP CPU Air cooler windale Series come in two models: windale 6 and windale 4, both of them are featured with the CPU direct Contact technology which greatly helps to eliminate the CPU heat more efficiently. The cooler is equipped with a 120mm extreme silent fan and a heatsink with high-tech fin design, together they further enhance the cooling effects. They are also highly compatible with the latest Sockets from Intel and AMD.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) It's really powerful. I tested mine in the middle of a heatwave (room temperature 85°+F/30°+C) and the result after 20 minutes of Prime95 v26.6 Small-Fets test was only 60°C. That's great for a 40 dollar cooler. Using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut probably helped. Using a second fan probably helped. Using my solution to #4 probably didn't. That I got those temps despite my solution to #4 is amazing.
2) It's really big. Not a con, because It's in the specs andyou should know what you're buying, but it's like the saying goes: Measure twice, cut once.
3) There have been some very differing reviews of it's performance that I believe are due to an under-discussed aspect of CPU cooling: the part of the processor that heats up is smaller the the metal cover. As a result all direct-heatpipe-contact coolers are most efficient when they are oriented so as to maximize the number of heatpipes in contact with the hotspot. In my case (using an Intel 1150 socket) that means the cooler is substantially more powerful when oriented with fans pointing upwards.
4) This one is a con: it's really heavy. Like: almost two pounds heavy. A sturdy MSI motherboard will probably be fine. A less substantial board (like my ASRock z97 Killer) may begin to bend under the weight. My solution is pictured below, but some metal wires hanging from the top of the case would probably do more to help airflow.
Cons- Really big, make sure to check dimensions to see if it will fit in your case. It barely fit in my s340 w/ like half a mm clearence