About the Product
- Complex Strategic Gameplay - Give orders to your crew, manage ship power distribution and choose weapon targets in the heat of battle. Pause at any time to evaluate your strategy and give orders.
- Randomized Galaxy - Each play-through will feature different enemies, events, and results to your decisions. No two play-throughs will be quite the same
- Unique Lifeforms and Technology - Upgrade your ship and unlock new ones with the help of six diverse alien races
- Be the Captain You Want - Hundreds of text based encounters will force you to make tough decisions
- No Second Chances! - Permadeath means when you die, there's no coming back. The constant threat of defeat adds importance and tension to every action.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This is a Steam Game Code, and requires Steam to play.
In FTL you experience the atmosphere of running a spaceship trying to save the galaxy. It's a dangerous mission, with every encounter presenting a unique challenge with multiple solutions. What will you do if a heavy missile barrage shuts down your shields? Reroute all power to the engines in an attempt to escape, power up additional weapons to blow your enemy out of the sky, or take the fight to them with a boarding party? This "spaceship simulation roguelike-like" allows you to take your ship and crew on an adventure through a randomly generated galaxy filled with glory and bitter defeat.
Top Customer Reviews
This is a Good simulation of being a spaceship captain. I am not aware of another recent game in this category that is this good.
Variety: There are a lot of choices in both ships, crew, and even ship upgrades. There are also a lot of variety in terms of missions and how you finish them (i.e. destroy the ship, board the ship and kill everyone on it, etc...). The only catch is that you have to unlock them, which is cool since it forces you to get familiar with the ships.
Replayability: Even if you beat the game, this game is still very replayable. Chances are you'll be dying and losing way more often than beating the game. The number of ship unlocks helps quite a bit as well.
Graphics: They are passable, but no where close to awesome. This is fine since the gameplay is more than good to overcome it.
Turn Limit: I really don't like that there's a race against time and you can't take your sweet time to explore things. This is the only major thing that I don't like about the game. In their defense I'm not sure there's a way to make it not limited in turns and not too easy that it's no longer fun.
If you like RTS's and sci-fi, this is a really good, inexpensive game to get. There's nothing to lose and there's lots of fun and time to waste with it.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It just easy to play and the re-playing seems to never be the same. Also, using mods is nice, though it may be tricky the first time around. Well worth the price for me. - KenPublished 9 months ago by Ken T.
Really really fun, really really challenging. I'll think I'm good at it after a long run only to have my next game last 10 minutes.Published 17 months ago by AJW
being a space junkie this quenched my star wars side, recommended to anyone who like star trek, star wars, or just like that type of movie/gamePublished on May 9, 2014 by bill