FTR Caddytrek R2 Red Robotic Electric Golf Cart Caddy Trek
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
FTR Caddytrek R2 Robotic Golf Cart 2016 The CaddyTrek is a robotic golf caddy that carries your bag so you don’t have to. The CaddyTrek allows golfers to walk hands free, allowing players to enjoy their golf game of golf without the burden of carrying a bag. Less fatigue means better levels of concentration and physical control when driving to the tee or playing the short game. For players who hesitate in walking their round, the CaddyTrek provides a solution to the challenge of managing your gear. Now you can just focus on the game! Tracking technology that follows you Go hands free as the unit tracks in front or behind the player. Using a combination of Ultrasound and RF signal technology, the CaddyTrek calculates speed, distance and angle to the player. Golfers simply walk their game as the unit tracks the player’s movement. The CaddyTrek provides two different tracking modes—Follow and Marching. The tracking technology is virtually the same, the only difference being the orientation of the player to the CaddyTrek. Stand in front of the unit and clip the handset to your back waistband and engage Follow Mode OR clip the handset to the front of your waistband and stand behind the unit to use Marching. Use it as a remote control caddy For additional speed and hill climbing ability, switch the CaddyTrek into Remote Mode and send it 100 feet to the next tee box. Found in other higher-end electronic carts, the CaddyTrek uses an onboard gyroscope to insure straight-line tracking over uneven terrain. The CaddyTrek will make adjustments to return to its original line after encountering bumps, divots and uneven turf across the fairway. Use the handset to send the cart around the green, navigate around bunkers or climb hills. In Remote Mode, the CaddyTrek’s speed, control, and stopping power are now in your hands. Made for easy storage and transport A rechargeable 24V Lithium ion battery allows golfers playtime of up to 27 holes on a single charge.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Was close to getting a kangaroo hillcrest when I found the carrytrek buggy. Most walkers at my club use the kangaroo and some have been in service for 15+ years. Took a chance on the Caddytrek as I did not like having to work the remote constantly and the weight of the kangaroo meant I would pretty much be leaving it at the club and would not have access at my other clubs when traveling.
So far so good on my decision to go with the Caddytrek
1. Follow feature. Love that you really don't need to think about your clubs. Quick push of a button when you stop to take a shot, approach a green or bunker and you are good to go. Buggy will follow you slightly to the left and 2-3 paces behind. Bridges and paths are are easy to navigate. Basically any place you can take an electric cart you can navigate without thinking about the buggy. Just walk on right side of path or bridge and all is good.
2. Size and weight. Folds small enough and is light enough to carry in the trunk of my car. Not something I could have done with the kangaroo. Tip..remember to pull the battery before folding else you will need to unfold to attach to the charger.
3. Battery longevity and power. Easily lasts 18 holes. Climbs steep hills and brakes going down steep hills nicely.
4. If price is an issue, the Caddytrek is $1000 less than the Kangaroo.
1. I have had it slip climbing a steep hill when it is wet. Walking slightly slower up the hill seemed to resolve this problem.
2. The 5th wheel is critical for use. Don't forget to extend it our you will tip over the buggy.
3. The screw holding the 2 part 5th wheel assemble together failed on first use. Glad I did not loose the spring that is part of this. I recommend replacing this with a longer screw before your first round. No problems since replacing.
4. You don't save a lot of steps with the follow feature. Pretty much need to think of it as a push cart walk to the best place to leave it when teeing off or putting.
5. Controlling as a remote cart as opposed to following takes too much time. Not a fault of the buggy. But.. A pain once you are spoiled by the follow feature.
1 follow feature is fantastic. Follows me across bridge without thinking about it as long as it is wide enough to accommodate a riding cart. Follows slightly left of where you are walking and about 3 paces behind..
For those who are even thinking about buying one of these units I could not recommend it any higher. The only reason I am not giving this unit 5 stars, is due to the two occasions I lost connection between the remote and the unit.
It regularly disconnects on minor hills on a course. It disconnects so often one wonders why they would put this thing out that clearly needs improvement. In order to turn you almost have to change directions like a baby like in slow motion or it will disconnect. In addition the customer service is horrible. After using the cart for 1 day I called customer service on Wednesday morning to see if there was anything that could be done to make the unit operate any better. It's now Friday and they haven't called me back thus a honest review of this product and service. Good Luck