Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 31 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on March 25, 2011
Fuji's 100c and 100b does not have a negative that can be scanned reflective (such as the FP-3000b), but this does not mean you don't still have the option to get a usable negative out of it. When I use this film it is primarily for the joy of others. Give it 120 seconds and you've got an instant peel apart print. Give it to your subject and keep the goopy neg. If you have a small blow dryer use it. When bleached and scanned FP-100c will give you great tonality and good color. You may need to adjust color balance slightly but if you have you scanner set up correctly you are looking at a scan that is comparable to a 4x5.

Once you have a dry neg find an old glass plate, momma's best china should do. You can use gaffers tape, painters tape, or duct tape. Tape the negative emulsion (goop) side down along the edges so there is a black rectangle showing. Now get some bleach (splash-less is best) and pour or spray some on the negative. let it sit a minute and proceed to wipe off the black goop with a paper towel or cotton cloth. You will want to make sure everything is gone from the main parts of the negative. If you choose to you can leave some on the edges (this makes for a good border). You can now use some ammonia free cleaner (I prefer lens cleaner and micro-cloths) to clean the bleached side of the neg.

Now take the negative off the glass (be careful not to get any residual bleach on the emulsion, and you have a usable negative. All you need now is a scanner with a back-light able to do scans of anything close to 4x5 film. Have fun. This also works for FP-100b.

One extra step you can take is to wash the whole negative in distilled water, but I like the raw feel of a goop neg. If you want you can keep an eye on my blog for examples. It can be found at josephamundsen(dot)com.
review image review image
55 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 17, 2013
If it wasn't for this film, my Vivitar slide printer would be obsolete. Great film, crisp colors that are perhaps better than the original Polaroid 669 film (which I do miss, however). I also use it in my Mamiya RB67 Pro S with a Polaroid back, and my Polaroid camera. If you are doing emulsion tranfers, the emulsion is a lot more resilient to manipulate than the Polaroid was, but unlike the Polaroid, you will need an adhesive to get it to stick to anything. When it dries it will curl up if not affixed properly. With regular transfers onto watercolor paper, you want the paper dry and make sure you're transferring it in a dark room, it's so sensitive to light. You can wash and scan the negatives too, so you get a lot of use out of the stuff. I'm glad they make it, hopefully that will not change.
on March 3, 2010
I've been shooting medium format film for around a year, after cutting my teeth on digital cameras for 10 years. Fuji is pretty much the only remaining instant film manufacturer in the world (that is until hopefully The Impossible Project launches their newly revamped lineup utilizing original Polaroid equipment!) ... as such, they pretty much own the market right now. I use their 3.25 x 4.25 film with a Polaroid holder on a Mamiya RZ67 Pro II camera, and I find the results absolutely outstanding. I end up with a full 7cm x 7cm image - not enough to fully cover the print, but very good, and nicely centered (vertically and horizontally).

The results you get with instant film, I find, depend very much on the quality of lighting that you start with. Indoors, it is very important to be using a nicely diffused flash, or preferably studio strobes. Outdoors, a nice early or late sunlight, or any time of the day diffused cloudy conditions produce the best results with this film.

One other aspect of this film that is worth considering is really the novelty factor. These days, there are a lot of younger folks who just never had that "shake it like a polaroid" experience. With this film, you get instant gratification in a couple of minutes, and the results last (at least a year so far for my prints, which I archive in archival safe photo albums). Friends who I've taken pictures of just marvel at the fact that instant film even exists anymore... so my advice is to snap up some packs (the 5 pack here is a great deal!), take some prints, and spread the word - instant photography is still alive and well!
on August 30, 2011
You always tend to hear about how nothing's ever as good as the original, but Fujifilm really disproves that saying. Completely. I use a Polaroid #330, and I couldn't STAND using old Polaroid pack film. Granted, it was expired already, so that might've been what gave such a bluish tint to it, and since The Impossible Project pretty much just "recycled" (repackaged) the same pack film and sold it for more, I still got the same bluish tint through them for about the same expense, if not a little more.

If you're going to get pack film, go with Fujifilm. Seriously. Best color pack film I've ever used. The accuracy and boldness of the colors is absolutely fantastic, and Fujifilm tends to be pretty flexible compared to Polaroid and definitely MUCH more flexible than Impossible which, truly is, quite impossible to work with.

Fujifilm allows you a window of I'd venture far enough to say maybe ten seconds of "overdevelopment" before the photograph becomes flawed, (although I wouldn't suggest trying that - keep to correct timing as well as you can).

Also, buying Fujifilm in bulk tends to be a bit more economical than buying in-store, I've experienced, (at least around here). Runs around $17 at the local camera shop here, so it's great that we can buy bulk on Amazon~
on January 11, 2012
The last pack of Fuji Film FP-100 I had purchased at a local camera shop a few years ago. They no longer stock the film and at this price in a five back, it was a great value. I used this in my Polaroid ProPack camera. The images were VERY sharp with good color. I was surprised at how sharp the images were. I plan on shooting another pack with my vintage Polaroid 360 camera. Of special note, although the film was shiped fast, I was surprised that the expiration date was 02 / 2012 on the film that I ordered in 01 / 2012. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality and price.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 20, 2017
Arrived quickly, the film was fresh and had an expiration date of 18 months in the future.
Unfortunately, Fuji has discontinued this polaroid type film.
on June 29, 2013
Worked as expected but only on the last two photos. I have worked with my cameras getting them up to par and still end up wasting a majority of the film. Fuji needs to ditch the plastic and go to the metal cases like these cameras originally had. I use two Polaroid 450 Land cameras. The only reason this gets the 4 Start rating is because of the shipping and the quality of the film from the last time I used it which was great.
on October 12, 2015
Best film ever used in a Polaroid Land camera. Wish the IMPOSSIBLE film was this vibrant and solid
on January 28, 2014
Great colour and you can make a negative by bleaching off the backing material.

It processes cleanly through my Polaroid back too!

What's not to like?
on April 7, 2017
Quick delivery and film pricing was very reasonable.