- Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 3 x 6 inches ; 5.4 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 6.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: B0040QS3QS
- Item model number: 102003
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5,171 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,203 in Pet Supplies (See Top 100 in Pet Supplies) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats
|Price:||$33.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$16.00 (32%)|
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, rake or comb
- Recommended by vets to help prevent dangerous hairballs from developing, keeping your cat healthier and happier
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches deep beneath your cat's long topcoat to gently remove loose hair
- FURejector button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats (2.65" wide stainless steel deShedding edge) reduces shedding up to 90 percent by removing the loose, dead undercoat without damaging the topcoat. This tool is recommended for all shedding cats. We also have available a dog FURminator deShedding tool. FURminator deShedding tool helps to eliminate hairballs in cats, reduces shedding up to 90 percent, guaranteed to reduce shedding better than any brush, comb or rake, works great on all shedding, long and short haired cats, brings out the cat's natural oils, promoting healthier skin and a shiny topcoat and reduces the amount of airborne elements that cause allergic reactions in many people.
FURminator Large Cat Short Hair deShedding Tool
For Cats Over 10 Pounds
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, you, the pet parent will always need a way to reduce pet hair. As industry innovators and experts on pet hair, FURminator understands the entire shedding cycle and the role that hair care and hygiene play in helping to reduce shedding and make you and your pet happy. For that reason, FURminator developed a high-performance line of hair-care, nail, hygiene, and waterless products.
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to his hair. FURminator deShedding tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and keeping their coat healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe, the line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator.
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before you begin. Use the FURminator deShedding Tool only as directed.
1. For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4. Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector button.
Precision Tool Selection
Not all cats were created equal which makes FURminator the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the tool that matches your cat's body size then select either the short hair or long hair edge for a truly customized grooming experience. Matching each cat to the ideal tool significantly enhances deShedding results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The deShedding tool may be used on most long- and short-haired pets, including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. The edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier. The deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator deShedding Tool?
We recommend using the FURminator deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of his coat. You may need to use the deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The deShedding tool will remove a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep, such as a tile floor indoors or outside. Or, use the FURminator vacuum accessory for easy clean up for use with the small, medium and large FURminator deShedding Tools. Always choose a location where your pet is comfortable and safe.
How do I take care of my deShedding tool?
- Be sure to keep the protective edge cover on the deShedding tool when it’s not in use.
- Take care not to drop the tool, as doing so may break the teeth, especially if the protective cover is not on the edge.
- Brush your pet before using the deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth.
- You can clean the deShedding edge with warm water. A mild soap may be used if necessary. This can reduce the feeling of a dull edge due to dander collection in the teeth of the deShedding edge. Make sure to dry the deShedding edge completely before storing the tool with its protective cover.
Brush - Detangles and smooths fur, distributes oils across skin and coat.
Cloths - Collects and reduces shedding from the surface of the pet.
deShed - Reduces shedding up to 90%. Use tool weekly for 10-20 minute sessions.
Bathe - Promotes healthy skin and coat, while reducing shedding.
Trim - Eliminates sore paws, legs, and hips and promotes overall health.
Style: Short Hair | Size: Large
Compare to similar items
This item FURminator Short Hair deShedding Tool for Cats, Large
MIU COLOR Pet Grooming Brush, Professional Deshedding Tool, Effectively Reduces Shedding By Up To 90% for Short Hair and Long Hair Dogs/Cats(Blue)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||DAK Corp||MIU COLOR Shop||BENCMATE||CLAS Store|
|Item Dimensions||3 x 1.75 x 6 in||4 x 5.6 x 5.6 in||1.57 x 4.92 x 7.87 in||0.09 x 0.04 x 0.02 in||4.13 x 6.89 x 2.13 in|
Top Customer Reviews
So anyway I bought this brush because the cat developed a little bit of a rash on his lower back (upper tail?) and I thought it might be best if he didn't swallow so much hair while trying to scratch it.
When I took the brush out of the box, the first thing I noticed was that it's heavy. It feels well-made. The handle is comfortable, and it doesn't look like it's likely to break anytime soon. I gave it a trial run through my own hair (is that weird?), and came out unscathed. This product has been tested on people! It didn't pull a single hair out of my head. I don't know what that says about me.
As for the cat, he was very excited to find me sitting on the floor in the living room. When he came up to investigate, I surprised him by running the brush down his back. This might not be the best tactic if you have a cat who trusts you. After the initial "WTF" reaction, he settled in for a nice long brush. He'd wander away every few minutes then come back for more. When I was finally done (when the brush wasn't really pulling anything else out of him), I had a pile of fur big enough to construct a new cat. When I put the brush down on the floor to go get a trash bag, I returned to find him lying in the pile of hair, rubbing his face on the brush. The cat is super soft and after a day has stopped chewing on his butt. So it was a hit.
1. Do not brush your cat while wearing nice clothing. You'd think this would be common sense, but I am, apparently, an idiot.
2. Brush your cat outside, unless your cat likes to run away or your yard is infested with hawks or something.
3. Introduce the cat to the brush the way you'd introduce him to a new toy or a new husband.
4. Take pictures of the giant pile of fur that this brush produces.
He also had a bad case of dandruff prior to being brushed by the Furminator, but after a few sessions, it has mostly cleared up. His coat also looks much shinier.
If you are wondering whether or not to buy this product, I strongly recommend that you do!
I thought ok lets see if Amazon has one. If you shop around here you can find it for less than $40. The money in my opinion is well spent. The cats seem to like it and it sure does de-shed the hair! It even has a ejector button to push the hair out. You will notice a lot of the hair ends up on the end of your cat by its tail but that's ok, as long as your getting it out right!
You will want the short haired version if your cats hair is just under 2 inches long.
The short stainless steel edge gets down deep beneath the cats short topcoat and removes the undercoat and all that loose hair before it ends up all over your house.
You do not want to use this on a cats hair if its wet.
Never brush with this tool if your cat has any sores on its skin or if there is an area that is matted. You need to get the tangles out before using the FURminator.
Again the money spent is a little high in my opinion,but it really does work, where other combs don't even start to remove the dead coat that's deep down on your cat.