This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
FURminator Short or Long Hair deShedding Tool for Cats
|You Save:||$31.00 (72%)|
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat
- FURejector button releases hair with ease
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and easy use
- Remove loose hair without damaging the coat or cutting the skin when used as directed
- deShedding tool for small (up to 10 lbs) cats with short hair
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
As creators of the FURminator deShedding Tool, FURminator continues to raise the bar with innovative, proprietary shedding solutions. The FURminator lineup of deShedding tools, grooming tools, hair care products, bathing and hygiene solutions broadens and enhances the FURminator deShedding experience for pet parents and their pets. Simply put, there is no pet care solution on the market like the FURminator product line. The FURminator deShedding Tool for Cats features a short hair stainless steel deShedding edge to reach through topcoat and safely remove loose hair and undercoat without damaging the coat or cutting the skin. The FURejector button releases hair with ease, making deShedding easier than ever! You will love the ergonomic handle for comfort and ease of use as you deShed your cat. Up to 2/3 of the hair a cat sheds is ingested during self-grooming, resulting in hairballs that are messy, stressful to the cat and cause potentially serious problems. You can help by reducing the excess hair that can be the culprit of these hairball problems.
FURminator Small Cat Short Hair deShedding Tool
For Cats Up 10 Pounds
Pets will always shed, and as long as they live indoors, you, the pet parent will always need a way to reduce pet hair. As industry innovators and experts on pet hair, FURminator understands the entire shedding cycle and the role that hair care and hygiene play in helping to reduce shedding and make you and your pet happy. For that reason, FURminator developed a high-performance line of hair-care, nail, hygiene, and waterless products.
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator deShedding tool enables you to share your home with your cat, without surrendering it to his hair. FURminator deShedding tools eliminate the frustration associated with shedding, and keeping their coat healthy and beautiful. In addition, they keep pets comfortable and safe, the line of deShedding tools eliminate every concern associated with shedding for all pets, and that’s why both pets and pet parents love FURminator.
Please read all instructions and FAQs carefully before you begin. Use the FURminator deShedding Tool only as directed.
1. For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4. Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector button.
Precision Tool Selection
Not all cats were created equal which makes FURminator the best choice when it comes to deShedding solutions. Simply select the tool that matches your cat's body size then select either the short hair or long hair edge for a truly customized grooming experience. Matching each cat to the ideal tool significantly enhances deShedding results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the deShedding tool be used on all pets?
The deShedding tool may be used on most long- and short-haired pets, including dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets and other small pets. The edge is designed to make grooming pets faster and easier. The deShedding tool should not be used on non-shedding breeds or on pets with particularly sensitive skin.
How often and how long should I use the FURminator deShedding Tool?
We recommend using the FURminator deShedding tool 1-2 times a week for 10 to 20 minutes each session, though the actual time will vary depending on the breed of your pet and the condition of his coat. You may need to use the deShedding tool more frequently during heavy shedding seasons.
Where should I perform the grooming process?
The deShedding tool will remove a high volume of loose hair and undercoat, so for convenient cleanup, choose a location that is easy to vacuum or sweep, such as a tile floor indoors or outside. Or, use the FURminator vacuum accessory for easy clean up for use with the small, medium and large FURminator deShedding Tools. Always choose a location where your pet is comfortable and safe.
How do I take care of my deShedding tool?
- Be sure to keep the protective edge cover on the deShedding tool when it’s not in use.
- Take care not to drop the tool, as doing so may break the teeth, especially if the protective cover is not on the edge.
- Brush your pet before using the deShedding tool to remove any mats or tangles. Using the tool on matted or tangled fur can bend or break the teeth.
- You can clean the deShedding edge with warm water. A mild soap may be used if necessary. This can reduce the feeling of a dull edge due to dander collection in the teeth of the deShedding edge. Make sure to dry the deShedding edge completely before storing the tool with its protective cover.
Brush - Detangles and smooths fur, distributes oils across skin and coat.
Cloths - Collects and reduces shedding from the surface of the pet.
deShed - Reduces shedding up to 90%. Use tool weekly for 10-20 minute sessions.
Bathe - Promotes healthy skin and coat, while reducing shedding.
Trim - Eliminates sore paws, legs, and hips and promotes overall health.
Size: Small | Style: Short Hair | Product Packaging: Standard Packaging
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare with similar items
FurGoPet Deshedding Tool for Cats
GreEco 3-in-1 Professional Deshedding Tool & Pet Grooming Brush, Including 3 Size brushes, For Small, Medium & Large Pets, Especially Excellent for Dogs + Cats With Short or Long Shedded Hair. Dramatically Reduces Shedding Hair By Up To 90% In Minutes. Promoting Healthier Skin and Shinnier Fur, Blue
Dog Hair Brush Grooming Comb For Shedding Rake Trimming Tool - Brushes Pet Cat Hair Fur Removal - Deshedding Supplies
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||All4Easy||Paws & Pals|
|Item Dimensions||2.13 x 1.75 x 6 in||9.31 x 16.88 x 15.94 in||6.5 x 8.4 x 0.1 in||5 x 2 x 8 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So anyway I bought this brush because the cat developed a little bit of a rash on his lower back (upper tail?) and I thought it might be best if he didn't swallow so much hair while trying to scratch it.
When I took the brush out of the box, the first thing I noticed was that it's heavy. It feels well-made. The handle is comfortable, and it doesn't look like it's likely to break anytime soon. I gave it a trial run through my own hair (is that weird?), and came out unscathed. This product has been tested on people! It didn't pull a single hair out of my head. I don't know what that says about me.
As for the cat, he was very excited to find me sitting on the floor in the living room. When he came up to investigate, I surprised him by running the brush down his back. This might not be the best tactic if you have a cat who trusts you. After the initial "WTF" reaction, he settled in for a nice long brush. He'd wander away every few minutes then come back for more. When I was finally done (when the brush wasn't really pulling anything else out of him), I had a pile of fur big enough to construct a new cat. When I put the brush down on the floor to go get a trash bag, I returned to find him lying in the pile of hair, rubbing his face on the brush. The cat is super soft and after a day has stopped chewing on his butt. So it was a hit.
1. Do not brush your cat while wearing nice clothing. You'd think this would be common sense, but I am, apparently, an idiot.
2. Brush your cat outside, unless your cat likes to run away or your yard is infested with hawks or something.
3. Introduce the cat to the brush the way you'd introduce him to a new toy or a new husband.
4. Take pictures of the giant pile of fur that this brush produces.
He also had a bad case of dandruff prior to being brushed by the Furminator, but after a few sessions, it has mostly cleared up. His coat also looks much shinier.
If you are wondering whether or not to buy this product, I strongly recommend that you do!
You do have to be careful to choose the length that's best for your cat and if you can try it out first wether at a local shop or store I would highly recommend it. The long hair doesn't always work best on long haired cats and same goes for the short hair version. Every cats coat is different. If neither of them work for your cat then you need a rubber zoom groom.
The push button is a new feature to furminators and a very convenient one. It really saves time not having to stop and pull the fur out, one push and it falls right off. Also it's nice because of those kitties with dandruff or other yuck in their fur, an be brushed out without having to handle it as much.
As a warning, furminators have blade in it (nothing that will cut your cat) but it will keep puling hair out until there's nothing left. You need to get a feel for when you've removed the undercoat (fluffy stuff) and stop before stripping too much top coat. Also run the furminator along your bare arm first, it won't feel too good. This will give you a feel for how lightly you want to brush the cat, if you pull the brush up at a slight angle it won't run over their skin as much and will still remove plenty of undercoat. Cats have very thin skin and it's easy to give them brush burn if used too hard. Brush burn is a sort of rash, you can part the fur and see red skin with the stripes (in the direction it was brushed) its painful for the cats and there's not much to be done about it other than wait for it to heal. And it will make the cat less likely to want to be brushed in the future.
Many companies have tried to replicate the furminator, but from a professional who had been using these products since 2007 I can highly recommend them and though they may cost a bit more it's worth every penny! I hope my review helps you make your decision and that I've given you some helpful tips on how to use it most effectively!