BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on March 26, 2012
I've used this pencil before and loved it. I suspect it walked home with someone else after a meeting (echoing an earlier review) & outside amazon have had a hard time replacing it.

The one I got functioned beautifully for six or seven weeks. It had all the virtues that people noted below. The 1.4mm lead is terrific and the barrel is a pleasure to hold. However, after about a month and a half (too late to return) it stopped holding lead. The lead simply slipped out of the barrel whenever I tried to write with it, independent of the lead control at the top of the pen. I added another 1.4mm lead to it and had the same problem.

I'd gone a few years with my earlier version without such a problem and have concluded provisionally that I just got a bad unit. I like these pencils enough to order another one and give it a try but wanted to post this caution in case you too run into difficulties.
on July 5, 2013
I am a millwork contractor and use this pencil for general layout because I hate sharpening pencils and regular mechanical pencils break too often. I managed to break the rear end off the pencil in a week. It caught on something and just snapped off. The inside sleeve is made of plastic and is brittle. I was able to spline it back together with epoxy and a cut off allen wrench. I give it 4 stars because it is a nice pencil, I am probably using it in an environment that it is not intended for and with a little bit of time I was able to fix the broken part. I do feel however that for $35 for a pencil the parts should be a bit more durable.
on April 1, 2012
I have had the faber-castell wood pencil before. I wore it out in about 10 years. This new one is much lighter which means you get a much different feel. That I could live with. About two weeks
when i pulled the top off to get to the eraser the whole unit inside the top came off, it was the plastic thing that is supposed to hold the eraser in...you know the rest, about half the time the whole unit comes out again. So i push the stupid thing back in after I have used the eraser. Just badly made. I could send it back but it's just too annoying. do not buy this product anymore it just is not like the old one. Charles L. Jackson
on July 1, 2013
I love this pencil. It's kind to your hand -- feels good and substantial, but not heavy. The wood is beautiful. I tend to press down heavily when I draw and write and the lead takes the pressure without snapping; however, I can still get fine lines and shading. You won't be sorry if you buy this pencil. It's a jewel!
on August 25, 2010
I love this pencil. I have owned three of them now. Keep losing them. I always need to have one on me. Use it every day. This pencil goes from wood shop to office without missing a beat. Pretty. Functional. Feels great in your hand. If you are a pencil snob like me you need this pencil in your pocket. It just makes life a little easier to understand.
on January 4, 2013
I love sketching, but ive had trouble with finding the right size (or thickness) of the pencil point. Well this did the trick. its thick enough (1.4mm) and thin enough to get a well balanced sketch. no more changin pencils.
I also think its a great design, the cool hidden place for storing the lead replacements, the elegant wood and touch of modern with the metal.

ITS PERFECT
on May 26, 2012
I saw this pencil being used by a colleague, and had to have one. It meets every expectation. I only wish it had come with some additional lead so I didn't have to shop for it just yet.
on February 19, 2010
I've bought several of these pencils through Amazon (when I could no longer find them anywhere else) for friends and family members. It's a pencil with thick lead - just great for doing crossword puzzles and such. Wafi Gainey
on December 25, 2011
I love this pen and have used it in various settings including even construction work. Hard to wear out or lose. Except the basic model like mine (around$35 but bought on sale) has a plastic cap over the very useful eraser. Occasionally it'll fall off and can be lost. I solved that for awhile by using a light coating of glue made for sticking sand paper on rubber pads (removable) on the inner core of the cap. Alas after a few years I finally lost the cap. It still works but looks ugly without it. Not sure if i can get that part?

The leads are marvelous and whenever I need a heavy line I'll grab this pencil to mark even cuts on wood instead of my usual Ticonderoga pencils (another great pencil line)

I have a spare one I am saving until I really lose my beater one. Apparently higher priced models have a metal cap and trim that might be more sturdy.

Very comfortable and I recommend a darker lead (3B). And great for Suduko and crosswords.
on December 11, 2010
I bought this pencil by mistake at a store's going out of business sale. I thought it was a pen when I bought it because it didn't have a label and was taped tightly in a plastic case. After I discovered that it was a pencil I had to find the lead because it didn't come with any. Once I found the lead at an office supply store this pencil became my favorite pencil of all time. I used it when giving screening tests at school. It didn't need to be sharpened, the lead didn't break and it didn't cut the paper. Now that I am retired I use it at my volunteer job which requires the use of pencils instead of pens. I have not used up the original peice of lead that I started with.....It lasts forever!! I really like the fact that it has room for extra leads so I won't have to search for the refill when the lead is finally used up. It is the only pencil I will use!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.