CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Faber-Castell My First Scissors - Safety Scissors for Kids
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kid tested and safe: This safety scissor features rounded blade points and a spring mechanism that makes cutting easier for little hands. Great for ages 4+
- Ergonomic design: Designed with kids in mind! These scissors are ideal for children's smaller hand size
- Great for left and right hand use: My First Scissors are great for both right and left hand cutting! These scissors feature a soft grip zone on either side, making them easier to hold and cut with
- Improves hand eye coordination: Designed to properly fit your child's hand and easier to make a proper cut compared to general safety scissors
- Premium quality art products: See your child's arts and crafts projects come to life with the absolute best materials for young artists. Faber-Castell has created premium quality art products since 1761
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Designed with young artists in mind! Faber-Castell's My First Scissors are the ideal shape for little hands to use. The ergonomic design allows your child to practice cutting with ease and helps to improve hand-eye coordination. These scissors include a spring mechanism making them easier to use and are designed for both left and right handed cutting. Kid tested and safe, these scissors feature a rounded blade point and are great for ages 4+.
Top customer reviews
I do still watch him carefully to make sure he doesn't get his fingers in the way--they don't seem sharp enough to do damage when I put them between my fingers, but they do have a metal blade and cut VERY well so I imagine that it might be possible to get a boo-boo with them. I think we'll have a better sense of this here within a couple of weeks.
Very happy with the purchase though! He is obsessed with scissors and was using my decorative craft scissors, which was fine except I had to hold the paper. It's nice for him to be able to start learning how to avoid getting his fingers in cutting range. The only real negative thing I see about these yet is that he can't walk with them "properly" for scissors (i.e. closed, with blade down, and hand over cutting surface), but we still practice that with the decorative craft scissors.
They are nice quality and durable. He's a bit rough with things and these have taken a beating very well. Also, these are much easier for small fingers to handle than regular training scissors. It's more about hand control than finger control with this style. I think these will be a nice preparation for regular style scissors.
When the scissors came, we spent some time focusing on watching out for his fingers and only cutting paper. The few times he has accidentally gotten his finger, it hasn't broken skin.
He was so excited to get these, because everything about them screams "big kid." I would buy these as a gift for other kids. Such a neat idea. I only wish we'd had these when I was little!
The first pair broke within a week of use by my student. I modified the second pair. I added tape around the curve and installed a small spring the slot near the handle. These have worked great since the modifications, and my student likes using them.
Most recent customer reviews
My son has SPD an has issues with his fine motor skills. Up to now he hasn't been able to cut all the way through a piece of paper because his...Read more