+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Xbox Live Achievements for the first time in the original Fable adventure.
- All-new UI and save system.
- Includes all of the expanded content from Fable: The Lost Chapters.
- Xbox SmartGlass integration* allows instant access to maps, mission and story information, as well as art and screenshots from the original Fable.
- Fully remastered HD visuals and audio.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For Every Choice A Consequence
As one of the best-selling RPGs on the original Xbox, Fable made sure every player's choice had a consequence. The world of Albion has inspired gamers to fall in love with the franchise for nearly a decade and counting.
Updated to HD to unlock the power of Xbox 360, Fable Anniversary is a major visual leap over the original. Vivid graphics and remastered audio result in a stunning re-imagination of Fable that will impress fans old and new.
This role-playing adventure puts you in full control of the choices that will determine your skills, appearance, and reputation. Create your life story from your early years as an inexperienced warrior to the prime of life as you become the most powerful being in the world. Choose the path of righteousness or dedicate your life to evil. And don't forget to hide the chickens — Jack of Blades is back.
With all new textures and 3D models, an entirely new lighting system, a slick new interface, achievements, and all of the content from "The Lost Chapters" expansion, Fable Anniversary is the definitive Fable experience for faithful fans and new players alike.
- Fully remastered HD visuals and audio
- Xbox Live Achievements for the first time in the original Fable adventure
- All-new UI and save system
- Includes all of the content from "The Lost Chapters" expansion
- Xbox SmartGlass integration* allows instant access to maps, mission, and story information, as well as art and screenshots from the original Fable
* Xbox SmartGlass content is available in English only. Compatible device with SmartGlass app required; ISP fees apply.
Graphically Updated to HD
Fable Anniversary is without a doubt a major leap visually over the original Fable, with stunning graphics and audio remastered for the Xbox 360. The development team has devoted enormous resources into remaking the adventure, breathing new life into the beloved classic with advancements like vastlyimproved fidelity, lighting, special effects and more. The result is a stunning reimagination of the original game that will delight fans old and new.
New Interface, Save System, and Seamless Experience
Through the power of Xbox 360, gameplay in Fable Anniversary is more seamless than ever and this version boasts a new user interface system that’s been designed to simplify and make it faster and easier to explore the rich world of Fable and its menus. In addition to lightning-fast load times, there’s an all-new save system that’s been built from the ground up to provide the player with the ability to save anytime, anywhere, including during quests. Fable Anniversary also revitalizes the features that Fable fans have come to love with an updated, optional control scheme acclimated for fans that loved the play styles of Fable II and Fable III.
Achievements in Fable for the First Time
Fable Anniversary includes a full 1000 achievement points that are guaranteed to challenge and surprise new players and even the most veteran Fable fans as they explore the world of Albion again.
Top Customer Reviews
- This is largely the same as I remember it on the first Xbox, with the graphical upgrades.
- There is an option to choose either the traditional Fable controls or the 2/3 version. I suggest traditional, but I think that's due to my playthrough style.
- The scenery and lighting looks great, colors are vibrant and the detailing is pretty nice.
- Gameplay hasn't been changed, any strategies you used in the original Fable are still viable here, including the ridiculous combo mulitipliers you can rack up in the graveyard path. Making money still revolves around buying/selling goods, so you'll be traveling a fair amount for best prices.
- The autosave is spot on and reliable, which you'll be glad of.
- This is largely the same as I remember it on the first Xbox, with numerous bugs and crashes. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's noticeable. This was my biggest complaint about the original and the issue I most wanted addressed in this edition. It wasn't and there is little rhyme or reason. I crashed while talking to NPC's, while walking along a path by myself, and in the middle of fights.
- Loading times are out of control. And the game will crash sometimes on these too. Minute plus loading times for areas like Fisher Creek or the Oakvale Graveyard are common and distracting.Read more ›
Going back and playing it after the update I can say that there were some good improvements. The game does play a bit smoother now but still has it's fair share of issues. To me this is still the best Fable game of the three so if you haven't played it, I would suggest this version but you could still have just as much fun if you wanted to do it on the cheap and play it on the original XBOX . Like many are saying, this game is just a graphical overhaul. After the update, I changed my rating to 4 stars.
1. Raise our own children.
2. Fight with our children.
3. The game was expected to be over "40-50 hours long(but you could only put so much memory ram on the original Xbox at the time.
4. The map was to be over 50 miles long in each direction on a compass.
5. It was to be the greatest RPG of all time
Those are only some of the mistakes Peter Molyneux Overzealously revealed almost 10 years ago(2004).
But here's my thoughts on the game, If I may.
Fable/Fable Lost Chapters is one of the most nostalgic games I have ever played. The soundtrack mixed with the setting and scenery, really brings a Fantasy/Folk Tale feel to the whole 'Fable experience. I've always found the Gameplay really easy to pick up, but at the same time challenging when facing high leveled enemies. The humor is very Monty Python-esque & it even makes blatant references to The British film series. My only grief about the game was the constant bugs and glitches that plaugued the background music and the combat in which if too many enemies popped up, the frame rate would hit the floor.
But Thanks to the almost completely revamped Lionhead Inc. team, they have decided to take the once close to failing game series back to the basics. In my opinion, this is the best move the game studio has made since the launch of The captivating Fable II.
But I'm getting ahead of myself....
Let me introduce you to "Fable: The Lost Chapters anniversary!!!!!!!!!!.
So let's get into the aspects of the game...
The grass is lush green, the sky is ocean blue.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is my second time purchasing Fable Anniversary, I loved it my first time playing it although it can be a bit challenging at times it is an amazing time consuming game. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Review Junkie
I've only had one issue and it's most likely a glitch in the game design. Save often if you choose to get this game because mine freezes on me so bad I have to manually turn off... Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
I loved Fable on the original Xbox, but it didn't transport to the 360 adequately.Published 2 months ago by Carol
At the end of the day this is just fable 1 with a really ugly look, the model try to look better but they still flap their jaws like muppets, one thing i did like was the new... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Nikos Lecomte
Great updates to the graphics, no issues freezing like the original version seemed to do. Would have loved for them to come out with a bunch of DLC for it but I bought it for... Read morePublished 4 months ago by H. Febres