Top critical review
Good game but the buggy as hell!!
on June 8, 2014
I really liked Fable 2 and was interested in playing the third one for a long time. I missed the free download on Xbox Live but I paid a little over $5 buying it from this vendor. Delivery was very fast but the packaging sucked. Not only was there no case but it was also just put in a flimsy bubble envelope with no other protection. Thank goodness it didn't crack or anything.
As far as the game goes, I did have a lot of fun playing through it but the story wasn't as good as Fable 2. The ending and what you had to do right before the big boss made no sense. I also experienced a lot of glitches in the game that really prevents me from scoring this game a little higher.
Bugs I encountered:
- The gold trail you follow will randomly disappear. So annoying!! Most times it would take several seconds for it to reappear. There isn't much you can do to make it come back any faster either. I tried fast travelling again, going to the sanctuary and even interacting with my dog.
- When I went with Sir Walter to the monorail, I got stuck in the corner of the the elevator and couldn't get out! I even loaded a second character on my other control to interact with my main character but nothing worked. I ended up having to delete that file and starting over.
- It seems that you can not join someone else's game or vise-versa unless you have the same DLCs. This includes even the free DLCs. There is no compatibility pack unfortunately.
-I tried joining someones game and when it loaded I was a new character instead of my main one. When I dash-boarded and reloaded my original file, it was gone. It started me from the beginning when you are in the bed. I even tried reloading from the sanctuary but my original character wasn't there still. Several hours later after I started a new game, I rechecked the load room in sanctuary and my original file was suddenly there, smh.
-Sometimes when you are interacting with other players, the interact button doesn't always pop up. So you end up having to just re-enter their game.
Thing's I liked:
-The map was pretty good and easy to navigate. Though I do wish there was an onscreen map for when your gold trail disappears so it wouldn't waste time waiting for it to pop up again.
- You can buy property from the map which is convenient. The downside to that is when you have to repair property you have to do this one by one which can be tedious if your in a town that has several homes. My next play-through I just stuck with buying up business since I didn't have to worry about repairing them.
-The achievements are fairly easy to get and can be obtained in one play-through.
- The weapon morph is pretty cool. And if you get and STD I think it turns you weapon poisonous because a green aura emanates from it.
-The gargoyles from the last game are replace with gnomes this time and they are way more rude than the gargoyles.
Things I disliked:
-Aside from the bugs I listed, I didn't exacting think the battle system was all that great. Sometimes getting flourishes wouldn't happen and when they did it wouldn't be calculated towards the weapon you were trying to upgrade. I had plenty of slow-motion cinematics pop up before I became ruler but it didn't seem to start registering to my weapon until after I got my wings. So don't bother trying to upgrade certain weapon until after you beat the game. Many weapon require you do a certain amount of flourishes to upgrade them.
-The dog seemed way weaker in this game than in the last. I read all the books but he wasn't very helpful in combat at all.
-The "Popularity Contest" achievement was a pain in the ass. Remember I said your trail goes cold at times? Well if you are gunning for this achievement your best bet is to fast travel everywhere because at least the friendships deteriorate a little slower because you aren't walking everywhere.
All in all I had a lot of fun moments playing this. I would recommend this game if you have patience to deal this those bugs I mentioned.