Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 86 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 99 reviews
on March 22, 2013
when the xbox first came out i was estatic but unfortunately i wasnt old enough to play this title yet. :/ and when i did get old i ended up buying a ps3 over a xbox 360 so i didnt play the sequels. still i never lost my curiousity for the series and now after all these years i decided to try the pc version.

although the graphics are dated compared to what we play now, it does not change the fact that this game is AWESOME. typically i would only using my laptop for games like the sims series so it did take a while to get use to using a keyboard and mouse for a game like this. the game was harder for me to play using that control scheme and for those that are hesitant to try this game bc of that, should definitely consider downloading an emulator such as MotionJoy so that you can use a ps3 or xbox 360 controller to play this game. (the only con to this option is the time it takes to map the button to a configuration that works for you)

other than that the story is rich and the combat is fun. the rpg elements make the games replay ability amazing. the only thing i do not care for is probably the map layout and the teleporting, but then again i am comparing it to games like fallout 3. the map layout for Fable the Lost Chapters to me is similar to kingdoms of amular: the reckoning. the good thing about the map tho is that it forces players to explore more.

overall, awesome game. anyone that likes rpgs should like this game
on December 11, 2016
I have Windows 10, and unfortunately this game will barely play on it. It crashes often during play, and 1 out of 4 world save attempts and every other auto save causes a crash, making it impossible to play unless you like playing the same thing over and over again because when you finished a quest and it went to autosave, it crashed. Loved this game when I played it back on the day on Xbox and was hoping to recapture some of that magic, but sadly that didn't happen. I can't speak for other operating systems, but it doesn't play well with Windows 10. Save your money, because you can't get a refund.
on February 16, 2014
Ever wish that your choices could mean more? Well, here you go. Not much to really say about this dazzling Hero or Villain game other than that your choices will reflect whether you become a Hero, or a Villain. Either way you're referred to as a Hero, but the evil undertones are completely removed and you're given horns after you've done enough bad deeds. NEvermind how easy the game can get once you get certain abilities either, because the game makes up for it by being not bad to look at (it's old and still looks great to me on max settings) and being fun to play with multiple approaches.

And the modding community was very strong at one point, so there's plenty of stuff to do anyway!
on January 26, 2014
I was introduced to the Fable series with the second game, I liked it a lot so I got the xbox live arcade version of Fable for my xbox 360. The port was so bad I simply could not like it : terrible loading times, rather awkward control mapping on 360 controller, ... It felt like a chore to play.

I was quite impressed by the PC version. I'm used to subpar ports on PC regarding former console games, but this is clearly not the case here. The graphics are beautifully updated with free resolution support and the game now runs flawlessly. Strangely enough, the game doesn't work with a controller (not even an xbox360 one), but the mouse+keyboard controls are near perfect, and certainly better than the 360 version. The only slight problem I have with this game is the save system (unchanged from the original) which is rather complicated and can be annoying since you often need rather long play sessions if you don't want to lose progress.

That said, I can clearly recommend this game. It's a great mix of light and dark moments, part poetic, part silly, with colourful characters.
on August 11, 2013
I really loved Fable 2, so I decided to try the first game on my PC. Really great for an old game! The storyline is a lot more involved than I was expecting too. I recommend the game, but I kind of wish I'd bought the disc instead.
I've had several problems with the Steam part; First I didn't know steam was required before purchase, so after I paid I found out I have to download a whole new program before I can download the game, which takes up more room on my computer. I also had trouble with the Steam account on my computer losing my log-in info so I couldn't play offline until I logged back onto the internet to fix it.
I love the game, but I feel like it's false advertising to not explain that an online Steam account is required BEFORE purchase. I have an old computer that bogs down when there's too many programs running; the last thing I need is another self-activating online account.
on February 9, 2015
The game is exactly the original xbox fabel that includes the added content with the lost chapters. May take time adjusting to using a keyboard for movement as opposed to the xbox controller. Major issue comes with running this game on a 64 bit OS (win7x 64 bit or win 8). You will not get it to launch and it has been reported on a number of forums. This can be fixed by creating a shortcut on your desktop and running the program in troubleshoot mode under an older OS environment listing (win NT, win XP..). There should be some kind of warning with this issue prior to downloading these games.
on January 15, 2017
classic game get the anniversary edition though instead of the original it has more
on July 10, 2013
Let me say this first, i have played this game before; back in the days xboxs were still fresh. Years pass blah blah blah I've been bored out of my mind one day and this game popped into my head. I was like, "ehh what the hel." So i bought it and im already 10 hours in from playin this day to day. Overall a great game to play even when it's pretty outdated.
on May 1, 2013
What is not to love.

Fable TLC is witty, comedic and mildly challenging. There are about exactly 3 possible story lines you can play through. Do all good deeds, do all bad deeds, or just do a little of both. The graphics are getting a little dated considering the current year, but for 3.00 it is great to have in the steam library. The game-play is a hold-your-hand and show-you-what-to-do style, but there is just enough freedom within the pre-selected path to make it fun.

The best part of the game is a mini-challenge in which you have to kick some chickens. I really think they could have just made the whole game about fishing for stuff and kicking chickens and it would have been a best seller.
on October 16, 2016
Awesome game!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.