Oil month Automotive World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

Facebook For Dummies
Format: Paperback|Change

on August 27, 2013
"Facebook For Dummies" is an excellent introduction to Facebook for anyone who may be thinking about joining this social media website. At just over 300 pages, it may take you a few days to read cover-to-cover (unless you are a speed reader), but you get some good background information on all the features (and history) of the site. I personally like knowing the "why" as well as the "how" and the authors have provided that for you in this book.

My only complaint about this book is that some of the graphics seem to have been based on captured screen images from the actualy Facebook website and did not match what I was seeing when I logged in. I can't really blame the authors for this because Facebook is a bit of a moving target. There have been several major changes (and many minor ones) just in the year and a half since I joined.

I think this book is worth your time and money IF you are one of those people who likes to be prepared BEFORE you jump headfirst into something new. For me, it was a better alternative to pestering my family and friends (who are were already Facebook members) with hundreds of questions, AND with a book you can always go back and re-read a chapter if you forgot something.
on November 28, 2011
I am still confused, too much lengthy talk and not enough direct answers in layman terms. Each chapter refers me to another chapter and so on. I wish they would adhere to the "keep it simple" rule ... step by step, direct and to the point. On the other hand, maybe I am just not able to understand as good as some folks. This being said, it is, indeed, of some help but the drop down help lists on Facebook itself has provided a lot of my answers.
on June 12, 2013
The "Dummies" Books are like cheat sheets.
You keep them handy to look things up
We all need help figuring things out on Facebook
Let this book help you out
on March 2, 2015
my wife is the reason for these types of books !! thanks
on February 28, 2013
It's good to have to learn more about social meadia

We'll recommend this item for any one

Thank you!

Kiddy Hamman
on October 15, 2011
I bought the book too late..Facebook has changed its format !!
I also hate that this book has no coor photos like some books I have for other devices.
on August 27, 2016
no comment necassary with only 1 star
on January 31, 2015
INSUFFICIENT.
on January 7, 2014
Really found this book to be usefull. I could find the infomation I needed very quickly. Well worth owning this book.
on November 10, 2014
This was ok but you gotta know the lingo.