Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 82 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 95 reviews
on June 23, 2011
I enjoyed Jack Passion's Book. I've been letting my beard grow long for about a year now, and decided I should look into caring for this mess 'o hair on my chin! I've just used shampoo and conditioner before - not any more...The Facial Hair Handbook explains that shampoo strips your hair of important oils your body produces and "when used on your face, can and will cause skin irritation." This is just a small offering amongst the many tips in this book.
This handbook is a quick read.(just over 100 pgs). Alot of info is crammed into those pages, and in a funny way. The author doesnt take things too seriously, which was nice. I would recommend this to anyone that is looking into growing and maintaining a beard/mustache. I gave it three stars because I did genuinely like it, although I do wish it was a bit longer.
on February 10, 2014
Jack Passion has earned the right to write a book about growing a beard from his national and international top placements and wins. I have to think though that most of us will not take the years of growing to achieve a monster growth like he has. Yet if you are so inclined he goes through all the stages that it takes to get a respectable growth. I already have a full beard but I wanted to know any grooming or shaping tips as I decided to grow mine out a few inches. He answered all my questions and more I hadn't thought of.
Be advised he pulls no punches when it comes to three day growths you see on television or in advertisements, or people who won't take take of their beards and It was refreshing to read what many of us have been thinking. It was a bit light in some areas and somewhat self serving in others but all in all worth the price.
on September 26, 2016
It's a decent read but the book is quite short and most of the info that is there could of been made even shorter. There really isn't anything of value in this book that you couldn't find with a quick search on Google. On top of that there aren't even any illustrations of beards or of the grooming products recommended. The only thing the book does is direct you to it's author's website for more or updated info.
on February 26, 2014
Book was entertaining,I laughed out load a few times,I started a beard last year during the major league baseball playoffs,the book is more about growing a beard and not worrying what other people think,after watching whisker wars I decided to jump in with both feet and start maintaining a nice beard,instead of it looking like a birds nest on my face,for beard shampoos and conditioners,I shop on Amazon,read the reviews and make your choice. I have much respect for Jack Passion,he worked hard getting big red looking good,anyone can grow a beard,maintaining it is where the work comes in,believe in what u are doing!
on September 2, 2014
Great starter for beginning beard growers like myself. I'm applying a lot of the advice as I'm growing it out. I'm sure you could find it elsewhere, but for those looking to find good advice without looking too hard and sifting through the internet. Would have given it 5 stars if it would have included broader discussion and more detail on the topics...expect to get what-Jack-Passion-recommends and nothing else. I did appreciate that he tried to make the content interesting rather than just dry do's and don'ts though.
on February 4, 2012
I'm new to bearding and decided that it would be a good idea to take advice from a master, so when I came across this book I bought it right away. I read through in a day or so and have since quit drinking pop and greatly increased my water intake. I'm eating healthier and living better. I've needed a real reason to get in shape and this gave me a reason to do it. I'm 6', started out around 300lbs and I've already lost 10lbs. I guess I'm living proof that beards can truly change lives.
This book is making me a better man and better beard.
on June 14, 2013
I have been a true Jack Passion enthusiast since reading his book 'The Facial Hair Handbook'. I have followed most all of his advice and have not been lead astray one time! His humorous, yet precise, descriptions of shaving and the tools used, is a fun as well as eye-opening read!

He is a 2 time winner of the 'World Champion Beard' award at The World Beard and Moustache Championship, held biennially at locations all over the globe. And he was only 23 years old the first time he won!
on October 9, 2014
I did some early Christmas shopping and bought this for my brother for Christmas. He's always joking about how he wished he has a ZZ Top beard so I figured a book about grooming his own would be a funny gift. I glanced through it and it really has some good details and stuff that will help a lot of guys who like facial hair get their perfect look.
on May 27, 2014
I really enjoyed the information outlined in this book. I am new to the bearding world and found some very helpful tips inside other than what I had already researched. Keep in mind, this book is mainly for newly bearded gentleman wanting to learn how to properly take care of themselves and their beards. Overall, great read and to the point.
on January 11, 2015