Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5 x Qzoxx Facial Hair Remover Stick Epilator Threading Beauty Tool
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on February 7, 2014
Holy crow, this thing hurts to use! I am a veteran waxer and plucker and this thing, wow, even I had trouble with it. I bought this nifty torture device because I am busy, and sometimes it is just not in my schedule to get the wax all ready and go through that whole process, or to sit down and try to pluck out every little hair. I figured I could just pull this out of the drawer and do a quick pass when things are getting all sasquatch. Easy peasy.

When I was younger, I was blissfully hairless. Sure, I had a little white peach fuzz on my upper lip but nothing I ever bothered with. Then I had children and my body decided to betray me. My hormones freaked out and cue the mustache. What was most terrible is that I was not used to dealing with my upper lip so I didn't notice it for some time. I don't wear makeup or have a 2 hour beautifying routine every day so I generally just peeked in a mirror here and there to make sure I didn't look like Medusa and that I didn't have a large zit on my nose. Hair doesn't look like a rat's nest? Good to go.

One day when I sat down to pluck the old eyebrows (which are slowly going gray by the way. Another betrayal), I looked in the mirror and realized, "I am turning into a man and no one told me!!!" How long was I walking around with a luxuriant stache that everyone noticed but didn't comment on? Once I started tackling said 'stache, I noticed that I would have to wax a couple times a week to make sure dark hairs weren't cropping up unexpectedly midweek. Apparently hair grows willy nilly and there is no method to the madness. Get rid of one hair and there is another just waiting to take its place.

Hence the purchase of this torture device and this review. It does work for sure. I even checked that it is ripping hair out by the root. It is. It is easy to use and causes only minor blotching that goes away fairly quickly after use. I am no wussy lady, but I have been using it off and on with caution. I do one small section at a time and put it down till the next day when I do some more. Eventually I may get used to it as other reviewers mention, but right now I don't see how that is possible.

I should not be punishing this product with a 4 star review when it works just as it says it will and deserves 5 stars, but I feel that someone or something must be punished for inflicting this sort of pain. Everyone who purchases this must be made aware of what they are getting themselves into. I am very pleased with this purchase for its ease of use and very displeased with it because every time I use it, it causes me to bellow out curse words and doubt my own sanity.
1010 comments| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2013
These are amazing! They really work. I have a more expensive one, I paid $15.00 for one. It works so well that I bought these for my girlfriends. These work just the same and you can't beat the price!
on October 29, 2013
Pulls several hairs at once, making hair removal a lot quicker and easier. Not expensive at all. I watched online videos to ensure I was using it properly and found it made a difference in effectiveness.
on May 17, 2013
In the beginning is kinda hard, but when you know who to do it, it works perfectly!
It hurts a little because it really pulls your facial hair!
on April 13, 2014
It does hurt because you are plucking the hair out from the root. {which is what I was looking for}
I think using a youtube video if you don't know how to use it will definitely help as well as applying baby powder to the upper lip before use, and an aloe/soothing gel after use.
on May 5, 2013
I love that it came with 5 in one pack, I gave one to each one of my sisters. And yes it does work!!!!!!
on June 20, 2013
I really like these epilators: They are simple and convenient to use and are very effective. Not for brows, though!

I just re-ordered another set. I like to use these when I am watching television, and I plan to keep one in the car.
on January 30, 2014
Great concept but didn't work on my upper lip hairs. fine hairs slip through and device doesn't take them out. rubber gripper on one end pulled off. probably works great on little thicker hairs. wouldn't order ever again.
on October 2, 2013
It leaves the skin smooth. The first time using was painful but you get use to it. I like the durability they have. I received it faster than the expected date so that was really great.
on April 14, 2014
I was curious about this concept of epilator and decided that the cost was low enough for me to try it out. (They do come directly from China, apparently, because it took about five weeks to get them.) All five are packaged separately, so you can certainly pass them out to all your 'old lady' friends. LOL. It took a few minutes to actually figure out how to work them as the instructions are written in Chinese. After you ben the strip into an inverted 'U' shape, you also have to rotate the handles as you slide it upward on your skin.
If you had only one or two stray hairs, it might be more advantageous to just get your tweezers out. But a lot of facial hair, well, it might be work it to try it out. One word of caution, however, when they say this type of process is painless. That is incorrect.