Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 42 reviews
on September 10, 2014
The plot was complex spanning over a decade. Enough characters to keep it realistic but not too many to keep track. Nikki and Rick make for an interesting couple each with complex strenghths and weaknesses. This book felt like it was meatier then some of the others. I found i really wanted to take my time and enjoy this book. This one goes under my, "ding, ding, ding!!!" category! Really loved it.
on November 17, 2013
It is a fascinationing series , Facing Fears Is a psychological thriller dfferent from Into Danger, but equally excelent. I loved that the principal characters deal with hard issues, and truly who are we to critized them for their good, bad and lack of choices. The characters are very human, very real, and I can not stop myself to feel proud of them at the end. Think about it , what would you do in their places?
on December 22, 2012
I enjoy reading books that are part of a series. I absolutely loathe having to re-read what I read two books ago to explain the current one. Ms. Low is able to introduce threads that faintly whisper of a future character development without explicitly saying when or how: we are left with the expectation. The character then is rewarded with his (or her) own story and all those "I wonder why"s, and "huum"s we experienced when we first met them are hinted at, pulling you in like the fly to the spider.

All the elements of an exciting read happen: danger, romance, drama, and sex. The difference between Gennita Low and most authors of the military "danger, romance, drama, and sex" variety is that each story is different, not a cookie cutter version of the initial book in the series with a change of name of the characters. And, since I happened to just pick a title when I first read Ms. Low, I can pretty much guarantee that whether you read the different stories forward, or decide to dig out the stories prior to one you are reading, they stand alone.

Thank you Ms. Low.
on February 6, 2017
Rereading all of them but didn't leave reviews the first few times. Best to read in order so the intertwining plots make sense. Go to Gennitas web page for tons if extras
on August 18, 2013
Nikki and Rick are wonderful together. I loved how they made their way back to each other. I read Ms. Low's SEAL books first, and every book of hers I've read is great. She has created so many great characters I want to read about T and Alex and Cam ...
on April 8, 2014
This book had great suspense, mystery and romance. Nikki and Rick are great together. Love that characters from Gennita's other books are in it. It is a great stand alone book also.
VINE VOICEon September 21, 2005
This book was excellent but have to admit I read these books out of sequence.Into Danger should have led into Facing fear but I ended up reading the last one next which was the Hunter.It should have been The Protecter. I still like her leading into the next book at the end of each book and have enjoyed all of them although I managed to mix them up.She manages to bring the main characters together very nicely at the end of each story,with you wanting to know what happens to some of the secondary characters. I hope we find out what happens to Cam and Patty and Also will Alex ever capture T. as she has avoided him in almost every book ,Wonder too, if Jed will ever meet his match. Hopefully a lady will come along and knock his socks off as he is so full of himself.
on February 29, 2004
This is one of the best books I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Ms. Low is able to pull her readers into her stories and make them emotionally involved. Her first book Into Danger was spectacular and this one was no disappointment. Her characters are so realistic and her plots are exetremely developed. She is able to combine a love story and a spy mystery into one book without losing the readers interest. Ms. Low is a break through author. However, she has capture me as an avid reader and fan for the rest of her writing career! Her characters are hot and her love scenes are hotter. She is on a level parallel to Linda Howard and Christine Feehan! I can't wait for the next one!
on January 1, 2012
I did read several reviews before I invested my $5.99, and being a bit of a sucker for amnesia plot, I went ahead. But this is Erotica - complete with bondage and battery-operated sex toys, which isn't my cuppa, so I feel it my responsibility to let other unsuspecting readers know. What's weird is that the non-Erotica parts are actually pretty good. Having said that, as other reviewers noted, MANY MANY points are reiterated over and over, as if the readers can't keep a thought in their heads, which is annoying. And yes the plot is far-reaching, but that's okay for me, books are escapes. But I never really grew to like the hero. He starts as a terrible person you wouldn't wish on any heroine, and then he gets a bit of redemption, then he gets all creepy and unredeemable again. Then you think you've reached the end, but no, there's more. So you slog along, then you think, oh, here's where it ends, but wait...there's even yet more. There were probably four logical ending points but the story continues to bring in more and more. Like others I starting skipping pages (the Chinese Grandmother flash backs in particular because after about halfway through I realized they don't add anything to the plot - the three "lessons" and the rest is more sort of reflexive author posturing.) But the plot does take a lot of unseen twists and turns and did keep me reading. Overall, because you sort of get sucker-punched with the bondage etc, I can't recommend it.
on May 31, 2016
good, but some of her other books were better