Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Rune Factory 2 Official Strategy Guide (Official Strategy Guides (Bradygames)) Paperback – October 27, 2008
Windows 10 For Dummies Video Training
Get up to speed with Windows 10 with this video training course from For Dummies. Learn more.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. I've found so much incorrect information that I've lost count.
2. Badly written - several sections don't even introduce what the section is about, so the reader is left to try and figure it out for themselves. In some sections, the writer seems to have A.D.D. - mid-paragraph the topic will change and go off on a tangent.
3. The guide is most remarkable in the information that has been left out. There is not even a good explanation of the differences between the two stages of the game - and given that I'm still in the first stage, I have no clue what I should be preparing for.
4. The guide badly needs a comprehensive monster guide. All it has is a partial list of some of the monsters that can help on the farm, and even this has incorrect information. It also looks as though there is forgotten information, because some monsters have pictures, and some don't.
The guide has some good points, and they are:
1. The requests guide - concise and informative, even if some information is incorrect.
2. The chapter on getting through the first day is great. With any Harvest Moon game, getting the layout of the town is the most difficult when you have such a short time to figure it out. By the time I finished the chapter on the first day, I had a good understanding of where everything is.
3. I haven't got to the second stage of the game yet, but it looks as though the classes section might be useful.
I would somewhat recommend this guide, despite the numerous problems, because some of the sections are good. But be aware that this guide is far from being the only source you'll need - you'll need to get on the internet too.
The whole reason I wanted this guide was so that I did not have to run around spending hours trying to figure out what monster drops what in order to make the items I needed/wanted. Not to mention the wasted time, effort, and feed used to figure out what monsters are best to take with me into the caves...
I gave it two stars only because this guide is at least helpful for figuring out where the characters will be at certain times during the day, as well as being pretty good at explaining how to beat the quests. However, a monster guide is much more important than either of those things.
However, I give it 2 stars because I found the explaination of the events leading up to marriage, the birth of your child, and the building of the school (pg. 49-50), which events usher in the second half of the game, to be useful. I also found the Requests section useful, although it could have been laid out more efficiently.
In short, my advice on this guide is to skip it. Download a good walkthrough and print it out. It'll be cheaper, you'll get a lot more useful info, and it'll take up fewer pages. If the replacements for the Nintendo Power guides are going to consistantly underperform this badly, gamers may eventually stop buying guides at all (myself included)...
Signed, Pamela T.
PS: To the makers of these guides, seriously, play the game first, and *THEN* sit down to write a guide. Make the data as consice as possible (ie: Don't space out a table just to make it take up 5 pages instead of 3). Make sure the information is correct and complete (ex: On pg. 38, Roy also likes Potatoes).Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for. In great shape as if it were brand new. Came quickly and in great shape.Published on February 28, 2013 by Jensa Fish
I use this to help pick up the available characters, it helps to have all of the little information pieces for the extras in this game. Read morePublished on August 29, 2010 by Hakidonmuya
This book does help figure out a few parts of the game. The maps are especially useful. It also helps in winning a few of the competitions when you know in advance what you need... Read morePublished on March 20, 2009 by Teri Knapp