Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 5, 2014
So, after using the mower I found it hardly keeps a charge long enough to complete the entire yard (I only have 1/4 acre). It also lacks the oomph I want for blade speed and suction for bagging the clippings. In general, if I could hit re-do I would have gone gas. The self propelled feature works great!
on April 15, 2015
I was worried how it would perform after being stored in a storage shed in the back yard over the long, cold winter. But it started up perfectly this spring and has worked great. It is very, very heavy so I can't get both the front and back yard mowed with one charge if I use the self propelled feature the whole time (and my yard isn't very big).
on July 28, 2011
I am in FL and have had a rash of bad lawn service experiences. I have always had Honda mowers (they are by far the best) and looked at getting one to do our lawn. My wife has been urging me to become greener (she told me to get a manual push mower, no thank you) I started looking into cordless electric mowers. I ran across the Ryobi 48v and read up on it. On the Home Depot site, it got many great reviews. So I decided to check it out here at Amazon. It arrived in about 3 days and in perfect condition, brand new (it was a factory refurb but didn't have a mark on it). The unit is built well and had a removable battery, about 2/3rd the size of a car battery. It came charged but I charged it overnight just for kicks. To start it up, you push a button and hold down a handle. It is smooth and fairly quiet. Missing is the vibration of a gas motor. Still sounds like a lawn mower, with plenty of torque. This is a self-propelled mower, which is a MUST for a cordless battery-operated unit. They are heavier. I did the front yard and it cut the grass beautifully. It has plenty of power and the self-propelled wheels drives it just fine. So I am a happy customer. It is a good price here at Amazon and the outfit who sold it represented it perfectly in their listing.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 12, 2017
Battery died 15 minutes into cut. Recharged. Died 15 minutes into cut. Brand new mower sitting in garage.
on August 21, 2014
On my second season and this mower is great! There is plenty of charge for my city lot and the battery performs good. Eats through the tall grass amazingly well. The only thing I wish it was front wheel drive instead of rear wheel drive. But you get used to it.
on April 1, 2013
It runs well for battery powered mower. I have a big back yard and it can mow it in one charge.
on July 8, 2014
first one i received didnt work at all.
i returned it and they sent a new refurbished one and work good
on August 8, 2013
A great lawn mower. But the first one was damaged in shipping (the deck was bent so the blade would hit it on every revolution). So back it went. It was quickly replaced with another one, which arrived with a couple of other problems that I will fix myself. In both cases, the package was seriously damaged by the time it arrived. I am not convinced that a 105 pound product can be shipped in a lightweight cardboard box without any other reinforcement. Nor am I convinced that the elderly FedEx delivery person had any business lifting the 105 pound package out of his truck and onto my driveway!

But it mows nicely, and there is no gas engine to maintain!
on July 20, 2013
I've only had to use it twice since receiving it, but I love it. My yard is small, so after I've cut it, I still have 3/4 of the battery left. It starts easily each time and the bag is very easy to empty. I don't think I could use any other mower after having used this one!
on June 14, 2013
Nice. Battery doesn't last much over 45 minutes before needing recharged, but understood this before I purchased. Overall, I am well pleased.