BCA Month Salon Beauty Ali: A Life Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Jessi James decker PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now FFII_gno

on March 18, 2017
The deepest and greatest blessing about Switchfoot - they don't have to 'preach' Christianity to get the message across - they LIVE it! If you are expecting a 'sermon' from this - go to church. Their 'sermon' is in how they live and how they spread the message through their song. Their conviction has not waned for 20 years and continues to amaze me. Jon is the one who actually pushed me to Christ back in 1997 - through their music and the messages (not so deeply embedded) in their lyrics. Sometimes I 'drift' but he always brings me back and reminds me why I need to stay.
on January 7, 2014
Old fans will love it because it shows a different perspective of the band that you really don't ever get to see unless you are a subscriber to their podcasts. But, the film captures more of their compassion for what they do and their love for their families, surfing and music. I've been a fan for over ten years so this film was a must see. If you never heard of the band, give them a shot. Truly listen to the words of their songs. They don't make music to make money. They make music because they believe in what they mean and I'm touched that Switchfoot and Jon Foreman continues to write these songs because so many people believe in them and inspires them. Fading West, has surfing. Lots of it! It's one of the bands greatest passion. It's was cool to watch them tackle the waves. One day this Texan will try it out. The band also travels to a few places such as South Africa, Bali, New Zealand. The shots are beautiful and everything is captured so nicely! The film is definitely worth the money and Switchfoot gives so much back into the habitat. I'd rather give my money to artists like Switchfoot that always take the blessings they have and share it for a good cause.
on April 13, 2017
My favorite documentary! A great journey filmed and showing the inspiration for their album. If you haven't seen this one, I definitely recommend it.
on June 20, 2016
This is an excellent film! Very inspiring! The entire production of it, from the music that was used, to the footage that was captured, makes this film stand out in quality. It does a great job showing some of the hardships that a band faces out of the road. However, Switchfoot allows it audience to have an inside view on how they are able to use surfing as a temporary "escape" from their time on tour. Through surfing, they claim that they are able to hit the "reset" button.
on December 8, 2014
Happy to find this DVD, not easy to find in the non-digital version. The DVD arrived in the time expected and was in great condition. The movie itself is so inspiring and well made, I love this band and it was great to see a movie that showed them on the road but wasn't just a thrown together money grab. Recommended for those that love the band or don't know much about them but love scenic views, sincere people with positive outlook, surfing, or just great rock music.
on January 26, 2016
A very innovative album. Especially like BA55 for its atmospheric, primal vibe, and also the sitar-esque ending on Say It Like You Mean It. I also find myself singing Love Is Worth the Fight. I only rated this a 4 because there are a few songs that don't spea to me but are well done. However, people should consider buying the DVD. It is really excellent, a definite 5 stars. This is much like Endless Summer meets Help (if you remember those movies!!!
on January 28, 2014
If you are a fan of Switchfoot's music , than you will want to buy it. If your not familiar with the band it's still a must see , rent it . The band travels to different locations around the globe doing what they love most, surfing . Watch it in HD as this movie is shot in some of the most beautiful locations and it is absolutely stunning to see . The music is brilliant! I didn't think their album "Vice Verses " could be topped , and I'm not saying it has , but these songs are a new level to achieve too. The idea of the movie is the question of what inspires the music? I can only say , well done Switchfoot ! Your music definatly inspires .
on June 23, 2014
This documentary was awesome. I always like seeing bands in a real-life setting. These guys were so vulnerable and open, which makes me appreciate them so much more. After seeing the film, these guys have much uttermost respect as musicians, as family-men, and as Christ followers. Their faith exudes from within, even when they aren't necessarily talking about it; this is the goal of all Christians. Each of these men are role models in my life and I will continue to support and love Switchfoot forever.
on April 20, 2014
This was a great film showing the strong values of the Switchfoot band along with cool surfing shots and an inside look at their group story. Coupled with music from their new album as the soundtrack it was a docmentary I enjoyed and would definitely reccomend to both fans and skeptics of Switchfoot. As a fan it will give you a greater appreciation for what you already love about them; as a skeptic it will change your perception of this alternative-Christian band.
on August 29, 2015
I love Switchfoot but this documentary was not as good as I expected. I'm not a move critic but doc was lacking something. Perhaps it was the editing because the story didn't seem to flow very well.