Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 17, 2012
Honest disclaimer: I did a beta read of this book for Anita before it came out. But I was a fan of this Highland Warrior series long before I ever did the beta read.

I love, love, love that we get to know Faelan, his family, and his "world" better. When we meet him in book #1, Awaken the Highland Warrior, he's yummy, but somewhat mysterious. He's inadvertently been trapped in the very time vault that he was planning to use to capture Druan, one of the ancient demons. Faelan was given the task by the Archangel Michael, who assigns Warriors to the demons they'll kill. It's unusual for any Warrior to be assigned to an ancient demon; they're usually taken out by Michael and his band of angels. But occasionally, Michael gives one of the Warriors the honor of the assignment.

Where much is alluded to in book #1 of Faelan's family, the Book of Battles, his assignment to get Druan and what might have happened - both why Faelan was taken and what happened to his family, THIS is the book where we get the story first-hand.

We learn so much more about the Council, the Archangel Michael and his assignments, the Book of Battles, how Bree's family gets involved in the whole Druan-Faelan thing, how Faelan happens to end up in the time vault in Bree's family's crypt, and so much more!

If you like books about hunky, alpha male Highland warriors in kilts - especially those who literally fight evil (demons, vampires, and the like), you'll LOVE this book! It's a great introduction to the Highland Warrior series.

If you're a fan of the series, you'll feel as if you really get to know Faelan - who he is and how he became the man and the Mighty Faelan, great warrior. This book is a "meaty "appetizer for the Highland Warrior fans awaiting the next big book, #3, in the series.

In fact, while this book is called a "brief", it's anything but! It's jam-packed with action, adventure, mystery, and so much more.
on November 15, 2012
The next installment (book 3) from Anita Clenney is the prequel for the first book about the Connor Clan, "Awaken the Highland Warrior". If you haven't read "Awaken the Highland Warrior" yet I think that it would be ok to read this as a starter, but would still recommend reading them in order to get the full effect. In this novella we go back in time to the years before Faelan Connor became the 'Mighty Faelan' and was locked into a time vault by the ancient demon he was hunting, where he was suspended in time for 150 years to be released into modern times.

I was very pleased with this installment because after reading 'Awaken' I found that I really did want to know more about the family that Faelan had loved so much, and more about the stories that we got brief glimpses of from the memories he still held of them. That is not to say or imply that there is not a surprise or two in the book that will make you want to go back and look for clues in "Awaken the Highland Warrior" and in the 2nd book, "Embrace the Highland Warrior".

Ms. Clenney continues to weave a very vivid story for her characters that made, at least, this reader think long and hard about kilts, magic, sexy warriors and the constant battle between good and evil.
on April 25, 2016
I gave the book 5 stars, because I like reading about Scottish Warriors, and this book went a little further, it established first about who Faelan was
and then added the demon part and how they get assigned to take out one of them and how they go about it. Then there is the romantic side which
is showing us how men thought in the 18th century and how women of the 21st century react to that and it could be really funny or very serious.
Loved the whole book kept reading into the wee hours.
Hope you will read it and the whole series!!!!
on June 2, 2014
This book was written and published after Awaken the Highland Warrior, but I recommend reading it before you read that one. Faelan: A Highland Warrior brief is a novella of about 103 pages. It is about Faelans life as a young boy, before he became the warrior that he is today, and why he is known as 'The Mighty Faelan'.

I am glad Mrs Clenney wrote this novella. It lets you see how Faelan interacted with his brothers, and family. It also lets you know what happened with his little brother Liam, all those years ago. You also will learn about how certain demons came to be in 'Awaken the Highland Warrior', and more about their history.

I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys reading paranormal fiction. If you enjoyed reading Awaken the Highland Warrior, you will definitely want to read this novella.
on July 8, 2016
This story makes the whole series come together! I am now completely jonesing for the next one! I love reading about Faelen, and his brothers for that matter... and how close they are. I cant wait to find out about Travis and see how they get him sorted. I absolutely expect Tavis to follow Faelen wherever he goes.
on November 29, 2012
I loved this book! I had previously read Anita's other Highlander books. I so enjoyed reading this prequel to Faelan that I grabbed the other books I had previously read & started them again! I did catch parts of 'Faelan' in Awaken the Highland Warrior which at the time gave us background on him, but reading them in the book form gave me a better background on the family.

I enjoyed the prequel book enough that I wanted to re-read the series. I am hoping that Anita will do a third book in this series. I for one will quick to buy & download to my Kindle. I may re-read the series again!!

If you have not yet read her other books, you can read this one first & then read Awaken the Highland Warrior & Embrace the Highland Warrior, but not neccessary. I like reading books in order though, so I can keep characters straight. In this case the prequel came out third but still a great read!

It was money well spent for me :-) Please keep writing, Anita!
on January 10, 2013
Loved the book. Of course it was way too short. Of all the books I have read over the past year on my Kindle, this series was hands down my favorite. Love the characters, their sense of humor and all the other stuff in between that makes a book a great read and difficult to put down. I enjoyed getting to know the Faelan that Awaken The Highland Warrior introduced. Of course it makes you want him even more. I just want to know when we are going to see a sequel so that we get to know the rest of the Conner Clan in more detail as well. Ronan should be a pretty interesting subject. Thanks for a great read Anita Clenney.
on November 15, 2012
Faelan: A Highland Warrior Brief is a terrific book! It is a prequel to the Awakening of the Highland Warrior and explains quite a bit about the Connor Clan warriors. I read the entire book within hours of starting it! Anita Clenney is an extremely gifted writer. I have read her first 2 books twice and I am currently reading the Awakening for the 3rd time! This series explodes with action, suspense and romance. Angels, demons, vampires and time travel all wrapped up in spiritual warfare. Very exciting! I hope to read many more books by this talented author who grabs your imagination and takes you on a spectacular journey. Buy the book! You will not be disappointed! Anita, you are a blessing:) Please keep writing!
on November 2, 2016
This is a wonderful addition to Awaking the Highland Warrior as it gives more detail about Faelan's life before being locked away in the time vault and what happened while in there.
on May 2, 2016
Fills in some of the details and rounds out the character from previous books. Answers some questions you might have after reading about Bree and Faelan. I recommend it highly. Easy read. Poolside reading.