4-Year Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Fagor DUO 6 Quart - Multi-Setting Pressure Cooker and Canner with Accessories, Polished Stainless Steel - 918060251
|Price:||$137.95 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fagor is the leading pressure cooker brand in the United States and it has been present on the market for 25 years. The Duo has been named "Best of the Test" by leading culinary Magazines.
- Most eco-friendly and energy efficient way of cooking: reduces cooking time by up to 70% and fast cooking translates to less energy consumption.
- Spring type mechanism with two pressure settings--low (8psi) and high (15psi)-Sleek black handles are ergonomically designed to make for easier handling.
- Made of 18/10 stainless steel; works with all cooking surfaces, including induction. Also Includes Recipe Book.
- The highest standard in safety systems that have been tested and approved in Europe and the US by UL and Bureau Veritas laboratories.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Easy to Use Fagor Duo 6 Quart Pressure Cooker
Superior Quality and Safety
- 1 - Features a simple to use dial format to regulate and release pressure
- 2 - Select from 2 Pressure settings, low and high
- 3 - Select the automatic pressure release position to release pressure, or the unlock position to open for cleaning
- 4 - Visual pressure indicator shows when all pressure released
Fagor Duo 6 Quart Pressure Cooker
Why pressure cooking?
The Duo Family of pressure cookers will be your new best friend in the kitchen, enabling you to prepare healthy, diverse meals in 70% less time than traditional cooking. Fagor Pressure cookers are valued and trusted by home cooks and professionals alike. We have earned our reputation by specifically designing our cookware to be long lasting, safe and easy to use.
- Triple Safety Mechanism
- Quality Construction
- Easy Operation
- Use on All Heat Sources
- Multiple Sizes Available
How pressure cooking works
Fast and Healthy
- cooks 70% faster
- retains more vitamins
- Uses no oil
Easy to Use
Just load your ingredients into the pot, close the lid, bring to pressure and cook. When done, release pressure and open the lid to reveal your delicious creations.
Soups, beans, risotto, stews and more are all cooked in minutes.
The steam pressure breaks down the fibers in your food in a very short time, leaving food moist and succulent with an intense intermingling of flavors
Features and Benefits of the Duo 6 Quart Pressure Cooker
Triple Safety Mechanism
Triple safety features dual pressure control valve plus two independent over pressure release valves: safety locking handle prevents accidental opening under pressure.
These three safety valves permit any excess pressure to escape so your cooking experience is completely secure.
The cooking pot features18/10 quality stainless steel construction with impact bonded diffuser base for even heat distribution and fuel efficiency. The easy to clean body is dishwasher safe, while the lid should be hand washed. Our pressure cookers can be used on all heat sources, including induction.
Compare with similar items
Presto 01362 6-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
Fagor Stainless Steel Duo Combi 2-in-1 Pressure Cooker for Rice, Beans, Braised Meats, & Soups, 4 & 8 Quart, Silver, 5 Piece Set
Kuhn Rikon Duromatic Top Pressure Cooker 7.4-Quart
Presto 01370 8-Quart Stainless Steel Pressure Cooker
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Hartville Hardware||Amazon.com||Sur La Table, Inc.||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Color||Stainless Steel||Silver||Stainless Steel||Stainless||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 17.5 x 9 in||9.9 x 19 x 9.8 in||16.5 x 17.7 x 12 in||9 x 14 x 8 in||11 x 17.4 x 10.5 in|
|Item Weight||8 lbs||6.6 lbs||17 lbs||6.61 lbs||18 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel, stainless-steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||stainless_steel|
|Size||6 Quart||6 qt||4 qt||7.4-qt||One Size|
The Fagor Duo Pressure Cooker is one of the most versatile and time-saving cooking tools you can have in your kitchen. Constructed from 18/10 stainless steel for long-lasting durability with an aluminum encapsulated bottom that guarantees even heat distribution, this pressure cooker is complete with two pressure settings (LOW and HIGH) giving you the flexibility to cook even the most delicate dishes and can be used on any cooktop, including induction. Sleek and ergonomically designed handles make for easier opening and closing and is also equipped with a safety-lock, pressure indicator and pressure valve. This unit creates meals in 70% less time, maintaining the natural color, essential nutrients and flavor of foods for healthier dining. Vegetables are ready in two minutes, risotto in less than 7 minutes, soup, stew, chicken or beef in as few as 10 minutes. The Duo Pressure Cooker has been voted Best Buy in Leading Culinary Magazine and Top Choice on National Culinary Cooking Shows.
- Cook food 70% faster with this advanced, energy-efficient pressure cooker.
- One touch energy-efficient operation with lid that self-locks at the flip of a switch.
- Safety-lock on handle, pressure valves control pressure and prevent premature opening.
- Two pressure settings, HIGH (15 psi) for cooking meat and LOW (8 psi) for delicate foods.
- Pressure indicator with valve signals to gauge pressure and determine when to increase or decrease burner heat.
- 18/10 stainless-steel with aluminum-encapsulated base for even heat distribution, cooking consistency and energy efficiency.
- Helper handle for easy transport.
- Ten year limited warranty.
- Fast: Reduces cooking time up to 70%. Favorite recipes easily adapt and cook in one third of the time.
- Easy: Extremely easy to operate. Just load ingredients, lock lid in place and begin cooking. Release pressure and enjoy healthy, flavorful meals. It is that easy!
- Healthy: Create delicious meals while retaining important water-soluble vitamins and minerals. Steam vegetables in a flash or cook beans and grains super-fast with little or no pre-soaking involved. Cooks without oil. Maintain the natural color and flavor of foods.
- Safe: The Fagor Pressure cooker is equipped with three independent pressure release mechanisms. If the unit is left unattended the main valve will begin to release excess pressure, next the safety valve will assist in releasing pressure and finally the gasket will protrude from the notch located on the side of the lid. Moreover, pressure will never build up if the safety lock has not been moved to the closed position. Once the pressure indicator has popped up, it will automatically block this safety lock, not allowing you to move it to the “open” position until all the pressure has been released.
- Stainless-steel pasta/steamer basket insert, support trivet.
- More Than 50 Recipes cookbook.
- Instruction booklet features cooking times, cooking conversion guides for traditional recipes, and high-altitude tips.
Imagine turning dried beans into soup in just 20 minutes, cooking risotto in 7 minutes, or sitting down to fresh cioppino in 3 minutes. This 6-quart cooker helps you fix these and other delicious meals in about 70-percent less time than with other cooking methods while also using one of the healthiest cooking procedures, pressurized steam, to retain more of foods vital nutrients, delicious taste, and natural color. Made in Spain, the Duo pressure cooker is constructed of high-quality 18/10 stainless steel with an encapsulated aluminum base for even and efficient heat distribution. All ingredients go inside the cooker at once and the lid twists and locks into place. Once you set the cooker to one of two pressure settings, it is ready to go. A sliding pressure lock on the handle ensures that the lid will not open until all the pressure is released, and, for additional safety, the Duo has two pressure release valves to prevent excessive steam build-up. The cooker has a black ergonomically designed handle, along with a helper handle, that makes it easier to lift it off the stove. The Duo comes with a stainless-steel steamer basket and trivet plus a full-color cookbook with over 50 recipes and a detailed instruction manual. It is safe to use on gas, electric, ceramic, or induction stovetops and should be hand washed with mild soap to preserve the mirror finish and the gasket. --Cristina Vaamonde
From the Manufacturer
Fagor is Green:
Fagor's mission is to use resources efficiently to preserve the environment and save energy, developing highly efficient products that consume less and save money; contributing to a healthy planet for us and our future generations. From a social perspective, Fagor's environmental policy strategy offers advantages to both workers and consumers. It provides workers with environmentally-appropriate working conditions, which, among other benefits, minimizes and eliminates the handling of hazardous materials, while for consumers, the end-users of Fagor's products and services, it allows for efficient use of the appliances, which reduces energy and water consumption.
Fagor has manufacturing systems established to minimize environmental impact on soil, water, energy, and air during the production process. There is also proper waste management and recycling procedures in place after the manufacturing process is completed.
In addition to numerous European product certifications and environmental stewardship awards, Fagor is also notably a participant in the Energy Star program in the USA, a joint program of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department Of Energy. Products that bear the energy star label allow consumers to recognize such products that have been manufactured to save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I considered buying an electric pressure cooker, but I'm very happy I didn't. I researched pressure cookers on 'America's Test Kitchen' before deciding on the Fagor Duo. America's Test Kitchen highly recommended the Fagor Duo, because of it's safety features, it's moderately priced and is well-engineered cooker has an automatic lock and an easy-to-monitor pressure valve. It tested at highest temperature 253 degrees. It has a wide, thick bottom which retains heat well, resulting in quickly reaching pressure, followed by steady, hands-off cooking.
I feel very safe using my Fagor Duo. It has safety features which are easy to see because they are in yellow. You can easily see the yellow indicator button pop up from across the room when it comes to pressure. It is important that you read the manual. I not only read the manual but also watched You Tube videos on how to use it. The very first thing I made in the Fagor Duo was a 4 lb pork shoulder roast. I cooked it for 1hr and 15 min. It came out perfectly cooked and moist. I've used it many times since then and have not been disappointed. This is very easy to use.
I am so happy I purchased this pressure cooker. It is one of my best pieces of cookware. I highly recommend it!
The knob on the handle that controls the pressure completely blew into smithereens. Don't know if this was an isolated defect on my unit but I won't buy another. Not that adventurous.
Original Review: It does what it's supposed to do, but the flimsy dials/switches make me nervous. Likewise, old pots were pretty heavy; the lid on this is thin. It comes recommended from America's test kitchen and Consumer Reports, but just because it's the best thing on the market, doesn't mean it's perfect.
This pressure cooker is a classic design with two steam settings and two safety valves. I didn't want the overly designed pressure cookers with several unnecessary settings reminecent of a microwave. They are bulky and take too much space.
Whether you cook for one or for a large family, 8-Quart is the best size.
Very happy with this product.
Most recent customer reviews
1) the pressure indicating valve does not automatically pop up when the steam builds up - although if you...Read more
I hope is is a one time issue,