Fagor Futuro 10 Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- It saves time and energy by reducing cooking time up to 70% over traditional cooking method.
- Pressure cooking retains more vitamins and minerals, maintains a lower fat content since less fat and oil is used when pressure cooking.
- Easy to use.
- There are endless cooking possibilities, from appetizers to entres and even desserts.
- Easy to clean; the pressure cooker pot is dishwasher safe
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||JMSourcing||Amazon.com||Balkowitsch Enterprises||Amazon.com||Coleman Excess|
|Color||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Black||Silver||Aluminum||Silver|
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 10.62 x 14.25 in||11.3 x 17.3 x 10.7 in||14.25 x 14.5 x 13.38 in||13 x 14 x 14 in||14 x 17 x 17 in||10.5 x 15.9 x 9 in|
|Item Weight||10.6 lbs||10.65 lbs||11.25 lbs||14.8 lbs||20 lbs||7.5 lbs|
|Material Type||stainless_steel||Stainless Steel||Aluminum||Aluminum||Aluminum||Stainless Steel|
|Size||10 Quart||10 Quart||20 qt||10.5 qt||22-Quart||6-Quart|
This unit can be used as a pressure cooker and as a pressure canner. The Fagor Futuro model is the ultimate in the evolution of the pressure cookers. Pressure cooker is constructed with 18/10 stainless steel and comes complete with two short handles for easy storage, an automatic locking lid for added convenience, an easy-cleaning valve, a steamer basket that doubles as a food grater, and a “Tastefully Under Pressure” cookbook with over 90 delicious recipes. Exclusive triple valve safety system plus safety lock on handle prevents opening before all pressure is released. Visual pressure indicator on handle shows when all pressure has been released from cooker. Spring-type mechanism with two pressure settings: LOW (8psi) and HIGH (15psi). Works on all types of domestic stovetops: gas, electric, ceramic and induction. Simple-to-use dial format makes it easy to regulate and release pressure, and remove for cleaning!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
If you are thinking about buying a pressure cooker, go for it! Mine came in the mail yesterday and I made Tortellini Stew last night - oh my gosh it was the most tender stew meat we've had in years. It was even better than sitting in the crock pot all day! I did not pressure cook the little tortellinis :) but everything else cooked so easily. I put the stew meat in with garlic, olive oil, tomato paste and about 2 cups of stock. That pressure cooked on high for 10 minutes. Then I released the pressure (my husband calls it "releasing the aromas" because it smelled soooo good) and added in the mushrooms, carrots, celery, spices, and more broth. I brought that up to low pressure and let it go for about 3 to 4 minutes. Then, added in the tortellinis with the lid off for a couple minutes and we had a dinner in MINUTES that used to take literally HOURS!!!
I decided on the Fagor 10-quart futuro model for several reasons:
1. It's stainless steel. I don't like cooking with aluminum.
2. The 10-quart size is awesome and it is not too big. It's just right for my family of four because we like leftovers and have company for dinner often.
3. I like that this model is made in Spain rather than China.
4. I liked the steamer basket/grater that came with this.
5. The easy handles on the lid. I went back and forth on this one, but after using it am SO GLAD I went with this handle design. It will store nicely and it really is super easy.
6. The two pressure settings of 1 and 2. It will be nice having a lower pressure setting when I cook tender vegetables.
It was so intimidating that first go-round but it was so easy! You should see the steam fly out when released. It's amazing how the cooker can sit so quietly on the stove. I was not expecting the big rush of steam, so it made me jump the first time but these are totally safe and really make cooking fun and GOOD! I had no problems taking the lid off when the pressure came down. I was a little nervous about that, too, but it was no big deal whatsoever!
I use this three times as often as I did any of the previous ones.
I swallowed hard when I saw the price, but now I have absolutely no regrets. The quality is worth it. I'd give it six stars if I could.
3/2/13 UPDATE: I just got a single induction cooktop (this one) - this Fagor had a base suitable for that kind of cooking. Much better than using an electric burner - it got up to pressure faster.
I hadn't planned on using induction when I bought the Fagor, but it was nice to have that capability when I did.
I recently replaced the Fagor's gasket - it looked okay, but a little water was dripping from the lid before it got up to pressure. The first gasket lasted about a year and a half. Pretty good......