Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker, 8 quart, Electric Pressure..." and save 12% off the $159.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Small Appliance Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Fagor LUX Multi-Cooker, 8 quart, Electric Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker and more, Silver - 670041960
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Pressure cooking on both high and low options up to 99 minutes. Slow Cooking high or low options up to 10 hours
- Keep warm function up to 12 hours and Time Delay function up to 6 hours
- Cook a variety of meals in this all-including regular yogurt and even Greek yogurt
- Removable Stainless Steel cooking pot is dishwasher safe
- Unit includes a user's manual, recipe booklet and a free digital recipe book - Uses regular household 110 - 120V and has 1000W of power
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Fagor LUX All-in-One Multi Cooker is a Pressure Cooker, a Slow Cooker, and a Rice Cooker and even has a Yogurt Making program. It has 12 preset programs: pressure cook (high and low), slow cook (high and low), yogurt, white rice, brown rice, and risotto programs, as well as simmer, saute, steam and brown settings. There is also a keep warm and time delay function for added convenience. The LUX comes with a stainless steel removable pot that is dishwasher safe. The pressure cooking program drastically reduces cooking time. Food will maintain its natural color and flavor, while cooking your meals in up to 70% less time.
- Pressure Cooking: reduce your cooking time up to 70% compared to traditional cooking methods. Choose between high and low pressure to prepare a great variety of meals in minutes. Cook risotto in less than 10 minutes, chicken stock in 30 minutes and cheesecake in 25 minutes!
- Slow Cooking: prepare classics such as pot roasts, soups and stews. Choose Between high and low temperature settings. Add ingredients in the morning and dinner will be waiting for you.
- Rice Cooking: with three separate functions for White Rice, Brown Rice and Risotto, you will get perfectly cooked rice at the push of a button.
- Yogurt Maker: a new function for the LUX Multi-Cooker that allows you to safely pasteurize the milk and incubate your yogurt in one pot. You can also make Greek Yogurt!
Assist Cooking Functions:
- Brown and Saute: allowing you to brown and saute your foods in the same pot before cooking.
- Simmer: extract flavors without boiling away the cooking liquid and deepen your sauces.
- Steam: cook your vegetables and fish with steam and preserve their nutrients during the cooking process.
- Keep Warm: launches at the end of your cooking time to ensure food will remain warm until the unit is shut off.
- Time Delay: allows you to delay cooking up to 6 hours
- 12 Easy-to-use preset buttons.
- Pressure cooking time programmable up to 99 minutes.
- Slow cooking time programmable up to 10 hours.
- Automatically switches to keep warm once the cooking time is complete for up to 12 hours.
- Self-locking lid that will not open while there is pressure inside the cooker for safety.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: They finally called back and solved the problem.
It works perfectly, feels rugged, and is so handsome my kitchen look better. Although I cook mostly just for myself, I bought the 8 qt model. This is the volume you get filled to the brim. It can only be filled to 5 1/2 qt for pressure cooking, and it has 50% more browning surface than the 6 qt model. I can get 2 rotisserie chickens in there for stock or a 12 pound batch of stew. The larger model is 14 inches high in the closed position. The main cylinder is about 12 inches in diameter. So it is an easy fit for a tiny kitchen -- comfortable under wall cabinets. It is best left on the counter. I can afford to devote a precious foot to its permanent presence since it does so many things.
I also bought the stainless steel bowl because that is what I need for browning. It is weakly magnetic. Handy to have an extra bowl and a nonstick finish option for rice. They are beautifully made, but the pressed in graduations are hopelessly inaccurate and useless. I put the bowl on a scale to weigh in ingredients. The inside bottom radius is pretty tight, so I am careful to stir food out of the corner as it slow cooks. One slight irritation is the bowl spins freely inside the cooker. So stirring is a 2 handed task. The bowls are 7 inches high and 9 1/4 inches in diameter. It is quick and easy to scald a jug of milk with a water jacket for the "Yogurt By The Gallon" technique.
The instruction manual is useful with cooking time tables for dozens of generic ingredients. The Fagor website offers a PDF with dozens of tested full recipes. So it is easy to get started with good results.
Of course preparing foods well is most important, but speed and convenience are the key features. Opening and closing the lid is an easy single-handed twist and lift. It weights only 2 1/2 pounds. With warmup and cool down, beans take an hour instead of all day. Mirepoix is tender in a blink. I can get a dozen servings of luxurious soup or meals with no fuss. Clean up with a bottle brush is ridiculously easy. It uses very little power (1 or 2 cents per meal) and the outside surfaces never seems to get too hot to handle. This means my kitchen stays comfortably cool. It also gives me confidence to leave the cooker unattended. There is no drama; just perfectly cooked food in a hurry with no bother.
My main use is to cook food for my dog (a big dog. I cook a whole chicken, plus yams and green beans) and needed and 8 quart unit.
I got this and a stainless steel inner pot. It does the job
I also use it to cook chili and stew.
I like that you can brown first, then slow cook, or pressure cook, all in the same pot.
The removable pots are easy to clean.
Its not entirely odor free. While it doesn't "hiss", it still releases pressure and odors after cooking.
Timer for pressure cooking only goes to 99 minutes.
It cooks at 5 lb or 10 lbs of pressure, not 15 (so I have to cook the chicken for longer).
The silicone gasket is more difficult to remove and replace, and tends to retain odors.
My low rating is because I was using it tonight to make soup for my family and it literally just stopped working all together. It won’t turn on at all. I am so sad and devistated. I have had mine for a little less than 2 years and has planned to keep it for several more than that. For the price, I would have expected it to last at least 10.