Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Fagor Splendid 6 Quart 15-PSI Pressure Cooker and Canner, Polished Stainless Steel - 918060607
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Fagor is the leading pressure cooker brand in the United States and it has been present on the market for 25 years.
- Most eco-friendly and energy efficient way of cooking: reduces cooking time by up to 70% and fast cooking translates to less energy consumption.
- Advanced safety features prevent excessive pressure build-up
- Made of 18/10 stainless steel; works with all cooking surfaces, including induction. . Also Includes Recipe Book.
- The highest standard in safety systems that have been tested and approved in Europe and the US by UL and Bureau Veritas laboratories.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Fagor 6 Quart Pressure Cooker
Superior Quality and Safety
- Single pressure setting - HIGH (15psi)
- Simple to use dial format makes it easy to regulate and release pressure
- Select the automatic pressure release position to release pressure
- Visual pressure indicator on handle shows when all pressure has been released
Fagor Splendid Pressure Cooker
Why pressure cooking?
The Splendid family of pressure cookers is Fagor's basic pressure cooker model, ideal for the pressure cooker novice who is eager to try this fantastic method of cooking. The Splendid collection features a spring-type mechanism that has a high pressure setting of 15 psi. This will allow you to cook a wide range of dishes.
Pressure cooking is fast, easy, safe and healthy. A Fagor pressure cooker is a great addition to your kitchen.
- Triple safety mechanism
- Quality Construction
- Easy to Operate and Use
- Create favorite dishes fast
- Healthy way to cook
- Available in multiple sizes
How Pressure Cooking Works
Fast and Healthy
- Cooks 70% faster than traditional methods of cooking
- Retains 50% more vitamins and minerals
- Cooking is done with no oil
Easy to use
Just load the ingredients to your favorite recipe in the pot, bring to pressure and cook for directed time. When done, release pressure and open the lid to reveal your delicious creations.
Soups, beans, risotto, meats and stews are all cooked in minutes.
The steam pressure breaks down the fibers in your food in a very short time, leaving food moist, succulent with an intense intermingling of flavors.
Features and Benefits of the Splendid Pressure Cookers
Triple Safety Mechanism
Triple safety features dual pressure control valve plus two independent over pressure release valves: safety locking handle prevents accidental opening under pressure. These three safety valves permit any excess pressure to escape so your cooking experience is completely secure. UL approved.
The cooking pot features18/10 quality stainless steel construction with impact bonded diffuser base for even heat distribution and fuel efficiency. The easy to clean body is dishwasher safe, while the lid should be hand washed. Our pressure cookers can be used on all heat sources, including induction.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Bifoli Home||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||10.5 x 15.9 x 9 in||9.9 x 19 x 9.8 in||9.5 x 17.5 x 9 in||9.75 x 16.75 x 8.5 in||12 x 12 x 11 in||10.1 x 19.2 x 9.5 in|
|Item Weight||7.5 lbs||2.9 lbs||8 lbs||5 lbs||9 lbs||5 lbs|
|Material Type||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel, stainless-steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Aluminum|
|Size||6-Quart||6 qt||6 Quart||6 qt||8.4 qt||6 qt|
Fagor makes it easy to prepare a meal with this 6%2Dquart pressure cooker%2E Just put all your ingredients in the cooker%2C lock the lid%2C and begin cooking%2E It has a triple safety system with a safety locking handle to prevent accidental opening under pressure%2C a dual pressure control valve%2C and two independent over pressure release valves to avoid pressure build up%2E It also has a built in diffuser base that allows for even heat distribution of heat for even cooking%2E
Pressure cooking uses pressurized steam to cook healthy meals with beans, grains, meat, poultry, and seafood in much less time than many other cooking methods require. This Splendid pressure cooker holds a maximum capacity of 6 quarts of Italian chicken soup or beans with sausage and works on all heat sources. The cooker is constructed of high-quality 18/10 stainless steel with an encapsulated aluminum base for even and efficient heat distribution. For safety, the pressure cooker has dual pressure settings on its handle--one in a dial control and another on a valve. Other safety measures include two pressure release valves and a locking handle to prevent the unit from opening while under pressure. A visual indicator lets you know when all the pressure has been released and the cooker is ready to open. This pressure cooker is dishwasher-safe. --Cristina Vaamonde
From the Manufacturer
Fagor is Green:
Fagor's mission is to use resources efficiently to preserve the environment and save energy, developing highly efficient products that consume less and save money; contributing to a healthy planet for us and our future generations. From a social perspective, Fagor's environmental policy strategy offers advantages to both workers and consumers. It provides workers with environmentally-appropriate working conditions, which, among other benefits, minimizes and eliminates the handling of hazardous materials, while for consumers, the end-users of Fagor's products and services, it allows for efficient use of the appliances, which reduces energy and water consumption.
Fagor has manufacturing systems established to minimize environmental impact on soil, water, energy, and air during the production process. There is also proper waste management and recycling procedures in place after the manufacturing process is completed.
In addition to numerous European product certifications and environmental stewardship awards, Fagor is also notably a participant in the Energy Star program in the USA, a joint program of the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department Of Energy. Products that bear the energy star label allow consumers to recognize such products that have been manufactured to save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY PERSON WHO WANTS TO COOK A FAST HEALTHY MEAL WITHOUT SLAVING OVER THE STOVE FOR HOURS OR TURNING ON THE OVEN.
The lid is wonderful and very safe. The seal is silicone and seems like it will hold up very well. I like the pressure valve much better than the other cooker I had. It's not a "floating" valve and therefore seems safer to me, since there's no chance of it ever blowing off. There is a steam release setting on the valve, which I've used and loved. It's a quick release method. I highly recommend this pressure cooker. It's a very great price for such a nice product and it's an awesome size, too. If you like cooking large amounts, then this is for you! Two thumbs up!
A couple observations that indicate minor issues with this cooker
1. The bottom interior does get to discolor after every use. This might well be related to the hardness of the water used in the water bath. I have used it quite regularly in Oregon and California and have had to contend with this problem. I usually add a few slices of lemon to the water bath which keeps the discoloration under control.
2. The portion of the top lid bordering the black bakelite tends to rust. I have had my cooker for a year or so and the entire border where the bakelite meets the stainless steel has a ring of rust. This shows that the steel is probably not of the highest grade.
Aside front the above two cosmetic issues, I have little to complain about the performance of the cooker.