- File Size: 970 KB
- Print Length: 236 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0785274308
- Publisher: Thomas Nelson; 1 edition (April 1, 2007)
- Publication Date: April 1, 2007
- Sold by: HarperCollins Christian Publishing
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002IPZITI
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#33,786 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #45 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- #70 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- #71 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
|Print List Price:||$16.99|
Save $7.00 (41%)
HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price set by seller.
Failing Forward: Turning Mistakes into Stepping Stones for Success Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 236 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled|
Kindle e-ReadersFire TabletsFire Phones
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
While most people see setbacks as a negative, Dr. Maxwell points out that there is an important lesson that we can use to accomplish more in the future. Building on that appropriate and valuable perspective, Failing Forward postulates 15 principles that can help you apply the lesson.
Each chapter covers a separate principle and is filled with self-diagnostic questions, as well as heart-warming examples of how people went from apparent failure towards great success.
The work is very consistent with the philosophy of Anthony Robbins. If you are a Robbins fan, you will find this book to be a good complement to Unleash the Power Within.
I strongly recommend that you read this book, and reread it the next time you are feeling sorry for yourself or have a setback. If you care about others, be prepared to loan your copy to the next person who looks morose after having a problem.
Dr. Maxwell also offers a self-diagnostic test on the book's Web site ([...] I took that test and found it helpful to cement my understanding of the book. I recommend that you do this as well.
Unlike most books about self-improvement that are scaled to a level of sophistication, this book should appeal both to those with lots of experience and education as well as those who have yet to develop those perspectives.
The only people who will be confused will be those who have yet to experience any significant setbacks. They will wonder what all the fuss is about.Read more ›
Some people have called this a hookie-pookie superficial feel good book. I strongly disagree, except that I can do more by feeling good than by feeling lousy.
Maxwell is excellent. His words will inspire you but more than that, his words, when followed will instruct you as well.
Outstanding book. Highly recommended.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Haven't even read the book. It turned out to something other than I had expected. No reflection on the book/author, my mistake for not understanding description,Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
This was a great book. It challenged me to reevaluate what it means to be perfect and how to grow towards success.Published 6 days ago by Texas Buyer
This was a great book with lots of anecdotes of how many successful people haven't let their failures define or hinder them. Read morePublished 24 days ago by Melissa Conkling
I was a little skeptical when I started this book, thinking it might be too corny, but I liked this book more than not. Read morePublished 1 month ago by RLDP
I was always affraid of failure and I shunned it like a disease.. now im not afraid to fail, because failure leads to true growth.. this book has changed me.Published 2 months ago by Tobias
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Books > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Books > Business & Money > Personal Finance
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self Help
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Self-Help > Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Motivation & Self-Improvement
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Business Life > Personal Success
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Leadership
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Business & Money > Management & Leadership > Motivational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Counseling & Psychology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Living > Self-Help
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help