Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 312 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 397 reviews
on August 14, 2017
After hearing a lot of quotes from the author I have been intrigued to read one of his books and I am extremely glad I chose this one. I never viewed Failure as a good thing before a and spent most of my life avoiding it. Now I know I should embrace it and if I am not regularly experiencing it then I am not trying hard enough. I highly recommend this read.
on August 23, 2015
Being able to reframe a failure into a life lesson is the most important thing I got from this book.
on April 3, 2011
I'm truly enjoying reading this book thus far... For me many of the items presented are known and make sense; however, hearing them again in different light, examples, etc... refreshes, reinforces and helps me to implement and practic once again. There's something about hearing how others have made it through " difficult " times and situations that encourages one to continue and do the same... Stuff happens and you simply have to press on... The book was very inexpensive and if you're reading this post, then i'd suggest if you have the time, get the book, read, you will have lost nothing but time at most.
on November 8, 2015
I think that this book is very meaningful for everyone facing difficult challenges in their career. It is very easy to read and has a lot of useful information about turning failure into success. Maxwell provides a detailed list of steps to take in order to fail forward. He gave many real life stories of people who encountered failure but later on found success in their career, such as Truett Cathy, the founder of Chick-fil-a. In order to succeed in a career, a person has to be very hard working, goal-oriented, motivated, possess the right attitude in dealing with adversity and be accountable for their own mistakes.
on September 10, 2017
I love this book and truly believe everyone should read it. I have a copy and bought two more for my daughters who are 25 and 19. They arrived on time and in great condition. Take my word for it . . .get this book!
on January 1, 2016
What a great way to wrap up 2015 for me by reading Dr. John Maxwell's book on Failing Forward. 2015 was a challenging year wrapping up a very difficult development project and starting some great new projects using the lessons learned. Dr. John Maxwell not only encourages me, but peels back the lessons learned from failures into actionable items that can be carried forward.

For anyone who is an entrepreneur, in businesses, or in relationships this is a MUST read.

William Teh
Investor | Author | Entrepreneur
on December 29, 2015
Many books--most books--are about rousing successes and give only a passing nod at failure along the way. Here's a book dealing with the inevitable reality of any leader: failure.

If you're going to do something, you're going to fail at something. The counsel of this book gives you the tools to get up, brush off, learn, and engage again.
on July 17, 2015
The basic idea of the book is that success is something you must work at and that failure is nothing more than an opportunity to learn and grow from. It gives several inspiring stories of successful people who had overcome huge obstacles as well as insights into what holds us back in terms of our way of thinking. I bought the cd a year ago to listen to the car and it still keeps me motivated and inspired.
on January 14, 2009
After 5 years of pouring my heart, soul, reputation, and everything else into launching a niche consumer product concept, the sagging economy just wouldn't sustain it anymore so I had to make the hard decision to chalk it up to experience. Naturally, I felt like a huge failure after a long career of succeeding in everything else I'd done.
I read John Maxwell's book cover-to-cover and it helped me to put everything I'd worked so hard at into a more positive perspective. He rightly points out that 'failure' is a part of life, but that no one teaches us how to deal with it and rebound from it. In fact, we're trained to mark ourselves with this hideous label - which only serves to undermine our future potential.
Mr. Maxwell helps the reader adjust their attitude toward failure to see it as a great learning experience, and makes the important point that those who don't fail aren't taking risks, and aren't challenging themselves or learning new things. Those who DO take on new challenges and risks are bound to 'fail' before they hit on a winner, so those who 'fail' also tend to be leaders. Without trying new things and failing, we wouldn't have progress and innovation.
Thank you, Mr. Maxwell for sharing this perspective and dealing with a subject that no one wants to think about.
on July 5, 2016
This was a great book with lots of anecdotes of how many successful people haven't let their failures define or hinder them. My only issue with the book was that the author seemed to name drop a lot and talked about his own company a bit too much, which given his career history and why he founded the company, had me thinking the book was always going to take an evangelical tone. It didn't, but that undertone was always there a little bit.