Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 216 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 418 reviews
on August 8, 2017
It is hard for me to be objective about anything having to do with John Kennedy, Jr even after all these years. I lived through his father's presidency -- short as it was - and in awe of his mother who doted on him. He was the anointed prince of Camelot, and his untimely death was devastating. That being said, I think RoseMarie Terenzio did an excellent job of depicting both John and his wife as down to earth people. She describes both the maddening and the endearing characteristics of John Kennedy and does so well. Clearly, RoseMarie thought the world of John, but she manges to portray him honestly as a man and a human being.
on March 5, 2017
A very sweet (both delightful & sad) written by John's assistant during his marriage and editor responsibilities at his magazine, GEORGE. Guess who was responsible for packing up his lidhings after he and his wife died so tragically? This authors, so trusted by Caroline & Ted. Witty & heartbreaking.
on January 8, 2013
I am always amused by those who read Kennedy related memoirs and either slam the Kennedys (why oh why are you reading this if you hate this family?) or are furious the person doesn't provide information outside the sphere of their connection with the family (seriously! It's a "memoir" - get a dictionary). So if you fall in camp A or Camp B like the other negative critics here you won't like this so move along and try something else.

BUT

For those of you who, like me, are interested in the Kennedy family AND are hoping to gain insight from another angle then this is the book for you.

RoseMarie writes candidly and openly about her relationship with not only John and Carolyn but her broader family and friends. She has a wonderful way of expressing herself and I quickly developed an emotional connection with her and found tears rolling down my face twice during the book. As you'd expect the book is peppered with information about the trivial incidents which make up everyday life that paint a strong picture of not only John and Carolyn's lives but RoseMarie's life as well - which is also very interesting!

This is an easy read by anyone's standards (it took me less than two hours start to finish) but is definitely well worthwhile. I thoroughly recommend it (and if you love this do try Carole Radziwill's "What Remains").
on September 6, 2015
Although the Kennedy family fascinates me, I always find most books about them to be very gossipy and full of speculations, non-facts and hearsay.
This book, however, changed my mind. I loved that RoseMarie told her story from her heart, a very honest place that you won't necessarily see from books written about this famous family. I appreciated that it wasn't salacious and didn't dive too much into the marriage of Mr. Kennedy and his wife Carolyn. She did paint a beautiful portrait of love and flaws that are abundant in each and every one of us. It humanized them and I loved that. Very honest, fair and heart wrenchingly painful that I felt lumps in my throat throughout. What a book! Thank you.
on September 2, 2013
I gave this book 5 stars. It was a very sweet,honest tribute to John and Carolyne Kennedy. Some people responded regarding the authors "Choice of Words" and suggested it was all "About herself". But I saw it different and that is what made it sweet and honest to me. It showed that John Kennedy was "HUMAN and not thinking of himself" as some "GOD" who had never hear a four letter word before. For those who dont know ( His mother also had some Choice Words she used at time also,but not in public) It also showed that the author was her "True Self" as she had no shame,only pride in showing how she was raised. Yes she told things about the two and their marriage. But it wasnt "Trash Magazine" type things. "Remember No Marriage Is Made In Heaven" (only in our dreams) She gave John and Carolyn credit for helping her to believe in herself, showing her how to take pride in herself and helping her to learn how to prepare herself for a better life in the world. What more could we want from "True Friends" and the sadness of losing them. It was a very interesting look into a side of all their lives and it also made it a joy to read. If people only was to read "DIRT" this isnt the book for you to read. M.G.
on September 22, 2012
I always read reviews prior to ordering a book. After all, why waste your time on something that has an overwhelmingly bad rating? Well, this is one book I am so very pleased to have read. I was curious to learn of the intellectual side of John Kennedy, Jr. and this book certainly lets you see just how intellectual he was, despite the names he was called during his post-college years - especially when the press referrred to him as "stupid" or "dumb" because he had to take the bar exam multiple times before he passed. No, the book does not let you in on the everyday details of his love-life, nor does it shed more than a passing light upon his relationship with his mother, sister or other relatives. What is does reveal is his sensitive side, his caring for his friends and employees, his generosity and his dedication to his magazine venture: "George".

Yes, being written by his personal assistant, from her point of view, it is a lot about her. She reveals her personal feelings a bit more than she reveals every little nitty-gritty minute detail about John but that is part of the charm of this tale. You will learn an eye-opening lot of facts regarding John and his business world and you will learn a lot more about his girlfriend, and then wife, Carolyn. The insight into Carolyns' personality was delightful. I would have been disappointed if this had simply been a "tell-all" book. Instead the author draws you in to her world: first her life & personal background and then into the world she shared on a daily basis with her boss John Kennedy, Jr. It is a happy book and of course a sad story when the tragic accident happens. I am so glad that I had the chance to see, from an insiders view how it all played out.

Do not nit-pick any vocabulary mistakes, or run-on sentences -- just read and enjoy. The author was not Ivy League educated nor born with a silver spoon in her mouth. She comes across as a very sincere woman who just happened to be in the right place at the right time to meet the son of American royality. Her book is a sincere account of her life and the wonderous days she spent working in the enchanting world of a Kennedy until the fairy tale was indeed interrupted. I do so highly recommend reading this book.
on November 20, 2012
I grew up in Kennedy country, was even related to the Kennedy's on my Mother's side.
John or John-John was my little girl crush. He was so handsome, fun and playful
and his mother adored him. I would stare at the Kennedy compound for hours
on the spit of beach that jutted into the sea at my Auntie's Hyannisport summer home.
When I lived in New York city in my 20's, I would pass him on the wide streets and always
there was this little smile he flashed for me! Reading Terenzio's book reminded me of how
much I and all of us wanted to know about John and how much I miss him.
I was driving from Boston to Cape Cod the night John's plane went down off of Martha's Vineyard.
I kept hoping they'd find him bobbing in the surf, that big goofy grin on his face.
They found the crashed plane the next day and buried him at sea. I cried and cried and cried.
I loved reading about how John tried to protect his wife Carolyn from his fishbowl life,
even breaking a photographer's camera whom he'd asked 10 times to stay away from his wife.
I don't want to give away parts of the story, but when the chips were down, John was always there
for people he cared about and the author was one of them. She was his work princess, a job and
a time in her life, I'm sure she will never forget...
on March 11, 2013
Growing up in this era, John Kennedy Jr was just a bit younger than I and I had enjoyed watching him grow to be a wonderful man until his life was cut tragically short. I thought all there was to know about him was written until I read RoseMarie Terenzio's touching story about her experience working with him and becoming a treasured friend. A bittersweet look at John Kennnedy Jr, flaws and all, that will hold your interest till the last page is read!
on August 25, 2014
I absolutely loved this book! I love the author! You go girl! She tells it like it is and it was so nice to get an inside glimpse of what JFK Jr's personality was really like. Also I loved the fact that it wasn't all about the author. So many of these type of books the authors go into great detail about their own personal life. Who cares? Rosemarie says just enough about her family and growing up in the Bronx to add flavor. I absolutely LOVED her diss of Oprah. What a loss for all of us that this great guy is gone. And Carolyn sounded down to earth and awesome as well. Good job!
on September 11, 2017
actually a very well written book with the right mixture of praise and criticism for the Kennedy's to make it believable