Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 32 reviews(3 star, Verified Purchases). See all 407 reviews
VINE VOICEon June 20, 2017
Working Girl meets What Remains in this New York Times bestselling, behind-the-scenes story of an unlikely friendship between America’s favorite First Son, John F. Kennedy Jr. and his personal assistant, a blue-collar girl from the Bronx. Featured in the documentary I Am JFK Jr.!

From the moment RoseMarie Terenzio unleashed her Italian temper on the entitled nuisance commandeering her office in a downtown New York PR firm, an unlikely friendship bloomed between the blue-collar girl from the Bronx and John F. Kennedy Jr.

Many books have sought to capture John F. Kennedy Jr.’s life. None has been as intimate or as honest as Fairy Tale Interrupted. Recalling the adventure of working as his executive assistant for five years, RoseMarie portrays the man behind the icon—patient, protective, surprisingly goofy, occasionally thoughtless and self-involved, yet capable of extraordinary generosity and kindness.
She reveals how he dealt with dating, politics, and the paparazzi, and describes life behind the scenes at George magazine. Captured here are her memories of Carolyn Bessette, how she orchestrated the ultra-secretive planning of John and Carolyn’s wedding on Cumberland Island—and the heartbreak of their deaths on July 16, 1999, after which RoseMarie’s whole world came crashing down around her. Only now does she feel she can tell her story in a book that stands as “a fitting personal tribute to a unique boss . .

My Thoughts: As a fan of all things Kennedy, I relished the opportunity to look behind the scenes at the prince of that clan, and the one least known to me.

We all recall him saluting at his father’s funeral; we were there while his mother was trying to protect him and his sister from the paparazzi while they were growing up; and we watched while he started his magazine George, hoping to carve out his own niche. And then grieved as he and his wife and sister-in-law lost their lives in that fatal plane crash in 1999.

I did enjoy the author’s voice as she described the working relationship she had with John while serving as his assistant, and also the friendship that developed between her, John, and Carolyn, sometimes even mediating their disagreements.

I would have loved seeing some personal photos, and having a greater insider view of their personal world…but no one book can give us everything we want about the life of someone we admire and want to know more about. I liked the author’s writing style, which felt like a conversation between the reader and the author, so despite what was missing for me from Fairy Tale Interrupted: A Memoir of Life, Love, and Loss, I give this book 3.5 stars.
on January 19, 2013
A rags to riches story - young Bronx girl ends up working for JFK Jr. and is exposed to the finer things (and people) in life. As a reader, I am cheering Rose on, watching her transform to sophisticated woman. But as the book progresses I can't help but feel she is conflating her importance, her worth. It is very important for this author to express how integral she was to the whole operation, to JFK Jr, to Carolyn and to their untimely death. I just didn't buy it. Sure, assistants often have the inner connection to celebrity day-to-day, but for a better written and more in-depth book on JFK's character, read Carole Radziwill's memoir, "What Remains."
on January 10, 2013
It was interesting to hear RoseMarie's story of her relationship with John and Carolyn and what it was like to be his, then their, personal assistant. There were, of course, ups and downs, inappropriate behaviors and over-the-top make-up gifts. This book is an easy read, and is wonderful for lazy summer reading. You won't change the world, or yourself, after reading this. What was more curious to me is that I happened to be listening to the Jackie Kennedy/Arthur Schlesinger interviews during my commute during this time period as reading this book, and I enjoyed Kennedy stories from two different angles.
on September 3, 2016
This memoirs pales in comparison to "What Remains" by Carole Radziwill.
on June 23, 2014
I felt like this was more of a book about RoseMaries' life than John Jrs. It was OK. I enjoyed her relationship with John, and like other books I've read, he seemed like a wonderful guy. I wish she would have taken us into his inner circle a bit more instead of going on and on about her own woes. I do wish her well...John and Carolyn seem to really care about her.
on May 17, 2012
This was the first book I have ever read on JFK Jr., and I enjoyed it very much. All though I found it a little boring when Rose Marie would go off track about her family and what not, I couldn't put it down when she would talk about John and Carolyn. I thought the friendship Rose Marie had with John was so cute, he seemed to be a funny guy. Whe I finished the book, I felt like I didn't learn enough about the couple, seeing Rose Marie was with them constantly. I would have liked the book to be a little longer.
on March 6, 2013
I read the reviews before I bought this book and realised it was more about the author than the famous couple. There were some good reviews though so I thought I would give it a go. There was really no insight at all about them as a couple or their lives. It was totally from the perspective of the author working in the office and it was about her life outside the office. Do not feel it was worth the money although it is now reduced from original price still too dear in my opinion.
on July 11, 2013
This bio on John Kennedy truly was a life interrupted. I enjoyed reading about his adult life and his marriage.He had so much tragedy in his short life and then his life ended in such tragedy! It was an enjoyable read - it was hard for me to put this book down. I was a young lady when his father was assasinated and I remember little John and his sister Caroline . To see such tragedy befall such a young family was horrific. This truly was a life interrupted from his father to his son.
on September 23, 2016
I learned a few things about jfk, jr's lifestyle and personality as revealed by his "girl Friday," for whom I now have a respect and appreciation for, but this was not a great read.
on November 18, 2013
I am halfway done reading this book and do not understand all the accolades. I realize Rosemarie Terenzio needs to talk about herself in some of the situations, but so far the book is at least 50% about her. I could care less about her growing up, who she was dating, etc. A book with very little substance.