Similar authors to follow
Manage your follows
About Faith Borkowsky
Faith Borkowsky is the founder of High Five Literacy and Academic Coaching with over thirty years of experience as a classroom teacher, reading and learning specialist, regional literacy coach, administrator, and tutor. Ms. Borkowsky is Orton-Gillingham trained and is a Wilson Certified Dyslexia Practitioner listed on the International Dyslexia Association’s Provider Directory.
She provides professional development for teachers and school districts, as well as parent workshops, presentations, and private consultations.
Ms. Borkowsky is the author of the award-winning book, Failing Students or Failing Schools? A Parent’s Guide to Reading Instruction and Intervention, Reading Intervention Behind School Walls:Why Your Child Continues to Struggle, and a series of graphic plays entitled "If Only I Would Have Known...": What I Wish My Pediatrician, Preschool Teacher, and Librarian Told Me About Language, Literacy, and Dyslexia. She is also a board member of Teach My Kid to Read, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to support and empower students, teachers, and parents through education so all kids, including those with dyslexia, learn to read.
Customers Also Bought Items By
You thought your child would learn to read in school. Some children do. But so many of them don’t. Why? Are the schools failing your children?
This parent-friendly book will help you understand the various causes of reading difficulties and how you can support your child. With over thirty years of experience as a teacher, reading specialist, regional literacy coach, and administrator, Faith Borkowsky explains why so many children struggle to read and what you need to know to help your child.
This book includes special sections on:
- The best, proven way to teach children to read
- Factors that can influence reading comprehension difficulties
- What you need to know if your child is receiving reading intervention
- What you can do at home to supplement your child’s intervention
- How to help with homework
- And much more!
• Can your child really read?
• Why hasn’t your child progressed despite years of intervention?
• When does reading comprehension begin?
• Can any reading program guarantee success?
• What can be done to ensure all students have a firm foundation for learning?
In addition to parents, proactive teachers and administrators interested in changing the hearts, minds, and actions of school district decision makers will come away with solutions that address the current literacy challenges in our schools.