Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on November 19, 2016
My 10 year old daughter said this book was just plain boring. It was one of her choices for her 5th grade summer reading so she chose it. In her words: It's all about makeup, boyfriends and how to get across a river. She made it just over halfway through the book and finally chose another book to read instead.
on September 1, 2013
Faith Hope and Ivy June is a slow paced story of girls finding their place in their peer group, family and the world. Faith Hope and Ivy June is also an in-depth, insightful and moving story. It offers a realistic, but not judgmental, look at the very hard, very poor lives of Appalachian coal miners. It also shows how unaware and uninformed most of us - even the citizens of nearby cities - are when it comes to the Appalachian culture. Middle school female readers will identify with, and cheer for, Ivy June and her new big city friend, Catherine.
on July 14, 2014
Outstanding story about family, friendship, community and prejudices. A great read for jr high girls. I loved the contrast of 2 completely different cultures within one state.
on July 23, 2017
Great book!
on December 6, 2010
My 11 year old daughter loved this book. She insisted I read it after she was finished. A great story about two girls with completely different lives brought together in a student exchange program. Ivy is from a mining community in the mountains and doesn't even have a bathroom in her house. She is set up with Catherine who is from the city and very well off. They are both smart, nice respectable girls who learn a lot from each other, and learn that you can't judge others based on stereo types.
on May 8, 2014
Faith, Hope, and Ivy June is the type of book I enjoy reading. I work in a school system. I thought the whole idea of an exchange program was great and educational -- myself included.
on January 20, 2014
I loved the fact that Ivy June and Catherine will see each other again at 18. They should make it a sequel!!! Tis was a very courageous journey through life with them both.
on March 25, 2014
This book was AWESOME! Chapter #39 was one of the nearest, but longest I've ever read. Faith, Hope, and Ivy June is an awesome fifth through sixth grade book!
on June 17, 2013
I enjoyed this book a lot (especially since I come from Kentucky!) I thought this book was very well written. I would recommend this book to girls anywhere between ages ten and fourteen.
on October 30, 2013
The book was a really fun read. I could not put it down. In the end,I could not tell what was gonna happen in the mine, but everything turned out all right. :)