- File Size: 7773 KB
- Print Length: 384 pages
- Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. (April 1, 2016)
- Publication Date: April 1, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B012P67X7O
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#140,145 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #526 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Amish
- #566 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Historical
- #658 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
|Digital List Price:||$3.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.99|
Save $11.96 (80%)
Faith (Quaker Brides Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This is book 3 in the Quaker Brides trilogy. I missed Honor and Blessing. Of course, I will be going back to read those two in the near future.
Faith as you may have guessed is the name of a young woman. Faith Cathwell is a Quaker. One of the Friends. Even though Quakers are peace loving, Faith decides to help in the battle fray.
Faith has a gift for nursing and she wants to help those in the Civil War battle. But she also has another reason for going to the battlefield. She is searching for a childhood friend, Shiloh, who was kidnapped by slave catchers and sold to southerners.
Of course, Faith will need help in this dangerous search...enter Colonel Devlin Knight.
I loved this read....romance, intrigue and faith!
Don't miss this wonderful stand alone historical read!
*This book was provided for review by Tyndale*
By: Lyn Co te
Faith is the third and final installment of Quaker Brides. Faith can be read alone , but I would say to read them in order. Lyne Cote pens a beautiful story of a brave army nurse , Faith, who takes the opportunity and fights for abolition, Faith is also looking for a child hood friend. In this story you can tell Cote has put a lot of research into this story. Lyn Cote writes of brave and strong women in Quaker Brides. I really enjoyed them all.
I was given an ARC of this book for my honest review.
There’s an element of romance to this novel as well, and it doesn’t take long to see it. Shortly after Colonel Devlin Knight shows up, it doesn’t take long to recognize the chemistry between Faith and Devlin. In a very predictable fashion, she fights her feelings, he fights his, and they are both at an impasse when you just want to say “Get together already!”
Faith is 364 pages and it could have been pruned down… some of the writing didn’t add much in terms of scenery, detail, or plot. However, Faith may be an enjoyable read for female readers who want a romantic novel that doesn’t bear all, and especially for those who enjoy reading books written set in a different era.
FTC Disclosure: Tyndale House Publishers has provided me with a free copy of this book.
Here’s what the publisher’s website says:
“The Civil War battlefield is the last place Quakeress Faith Cathwell thought she’d find herself. But with a gift for nursing, Faith seizes this opportunity to join the fight for abolition—and to search for Shiloh, a freeborn childhood friend who was kidnapped and sold south by unscrupulous slave catchers.
Knowing it’s much too dangerous for her to search enemy territory alone, Faith enlists the help of Colonel Devlin Knight, who is indebted to her for saving his cousin’s life. A career soldier, Dev is committed to the preservation of the Union but conflicted about freeing his own slave and confidant, who plans to enlist as soon as Dev gives him manumission papers.
Blazing a trail east with the rest of Grant’s army, Dev and Faith fight their personal battles—and a growing attraction to each other. When beliefs clash and passions flare, they quickly find that the only thing more dangerous than the war surrounding them is the battle within their hearts.”
I really liked this book. I give it 4 stars mainly because I would have liked a little more depth in the characters. I wanted to feel more from them. It is apparent that the author really researched the historical aspects of the story and the nursing profession at that time. It was very interesting to learn about the practices at that time.
You can read an excerpt here: [...]
Learn more about Lyn Cote here: [...]
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Tyndale House Publishers through their book review program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed above are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Amish & Mennonite
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Amish
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States
- Books > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Clean & Wholesome
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational > Amish