- File Size: 2136 KB
- Print Length: 295 pages
- Publisher: Marginal Entertainment Value Books (July 25, 2012)
- Publication Date: July 25, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B008PFXBBC
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#703,067 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #291 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Financial
- #379 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Campaigns & Elections
- #511 in Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Financial
|Print List Price:||$12.95|
Save $8.96 (69%)
The Faithless: A Political Thriller Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 295 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
On one level this book is an action thriller, and on another level it's a thought-provoking look at the political system in the US. At the local level the political process is often just friends and neighbors sharing a club-like environment, but at the higher levels with higher stakes, it becomes an anything goes bagful of dirty tricks and threats that goes to the highest bidder. The intricacies of the Electoral College are thrown about to the point that what I thought I understood about the system turns out actually to vary from state to state in its implementation. The underlying theme of being able to overturn the results of an election through the subornation of just a dozen or two Electors is eye-opening.
There are some rough parts to the story that could have used some shoring up with additional background material or explanations, but overall it packs enough punch to just edge into the 5 star category.
Recommended, especially in an election year.
The author did a great job explaining the real electoral process (I didn't realize how little I knew about it) without talking down to the reader, using unwanted exposition, or making someone who already has a good understanding tune out. His knowledge of locations was also pretty amazing.
Vera Lynn, Jack's sister, is the true female power player for the good guys. It is clear from the start that if her father had been able to see beyond his only son, she would have been the horse to back for the Electoral College. She's smart, cany and is satisfied manipulating the political field behind the scenes. When Jack is ready to give up, she pushes him on. They may have had their differences at the beginning of the novel but when she sees that he's serious in honouring their father in a way he would have loved, Vera Lynn is ready to go and ready to win.
The Faithless: A Political Thriller was originally released as a five part serial and I cannot imagine the agony of having to wait for the next installment. The Faithless: A Political Thriller is fast paced with fully realized characters and realistic motivations. This reader came away from this book feeling (if not in actuality) like a person who knows more about the political process and how the Electoral College works.
The Faithless: A Political Thriller by Allan Airish is one of those five star novels for which a new scale should be created.
This novel touches on the current political polarity caused by an unwillingness of both major political parties to work together to accomplish things, but mostly relies on the flaws of the electoral system where a vote for one candidate is also a lost vote for the other in the race to the magical number of 270. Wonderfully paced with just the right amount of character building and scene setting, I would recommend this to anyone who is a fan of novels or political dramas. This is a perfect combination of both.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I do not read much fiction but this was great. I had a hard time putting it down. Spent most of the Thanksgiving day weekend in the bathroom not from my wife's cooking. Great read.Published on December 1, 2013 by John in WV
This was pretty good political thriller on how presidential race could be rigged by using knowledge of electoral college. Not too deep, but a pretty good read.Published on May 18, 2013 by lee leader
I'm hardly qualified to offer an opinion. Maybe it struck me as too like many others. Sometimes I postpone such (my collection has at least 220 books). Read morePublished on April 24, 2013 by Kindle Customer
It's like "The Firm" went political.. I can't wait for the movie. Matt Damon, are you listening? I smell "Oscar"! Loved it!Published on March 7, 2013 by Dennis Anders
Even though it lives up to its name as a political thriller, The Faithless taught me a lot more about the electoral college than I'd ever been willing to admit I didn't know. Read morePublished on March 5, 2013 by LitGirl
This was a great read and a true insight into how the Electoral College actually works. Held my attention and like all good thrillers had a few twists. Read morePublished on February 26, 2013 by JWL
Great read! I could not put this book down. Very exciting - someone is about to legally hi-jack the presidential election of the United States via the electorial college! Read morePublished on February 26, 2013 by TR Ross
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Financial
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Assassinations
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Conspiracies
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Political
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Spies & Politics > Terrorism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Elections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Assassinations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Conspiracies
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Financial
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Pulp
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Terrorism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Campaigns & Elections