Reviews of At Fall of Night from Amazon UK
- 'Cracking read! Absolutely first rate ghost story that I can't recommend highly enough, best read on a winter's evening when the wind's blowing, but with a strong drink handy.' ***** Amazon Customer, 4 December 2017.
- 'This was a remarkably good read. Bulstrode through the often neglected medium of the short story tells us a nuanced multi-generational ghost story set in Victorian England.' **** silverfoxx, 20 December 2017.
From the Author
If you enjoyed this, you may find these other ghost stories by the author to your taste:
- Old Crotchet: a 1920s-set supernatural mystery with a humorous streak. The action unfolds around old Twelfth Night at the Manor of Hinton St Cuthbert, where festivities are about to commence as something sinister stirs from its protracted dormancy, awakened, it seems, by the arrival of two young guests. The old ways, they find, should not be treated lightly.
- Agnes of Grimstone Peverell: a wry-humoured festive ghost story, in which Lionel Smallwood, a snobbish theatre critic, and his wife Frances, find themselves enjoying the Victorian Christmas market in the little-known English town of Grimstone Peverell, until they encounter Agnes, the minster guide. Keen as they are to return to London, she seems determined not to let them go.
- The Ghost of Scarside Beck: a pair of newlyweds take up residence in an idyllic village in the English Lake District, but a curious carving in the local church seems to hold a key to their fates, as well as a link to the past. An understated ghostly novelette, whose initial light tone builds to a dark, and chilling, climax.