- File Size: 2951 KB
- Print Length: 329 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0986173843
- Publisher: KimberlyBraccoBooks (February 26, 2016)
- Publication Date: February 26, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01B2AWWJ8
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #301,629 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Fallacy (Apprehensive Duet Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. I wished the author had begun Alex and Quinn's story after they met up in Ashley’s hospital room, which was at the end of Tanner & Ashley's Saga.
2. This story could have all been done in 1 book, because there was no need to draw it out to the point of ad-nauseum over two book If this story had been 1 book I would have given it 4 stars. We had so much of Alex & Quin in Tanner & Ashley’s book, their story could have been told in one good book. When will these authors realize that they water down their work when they stretch these stories out over multiples books unnecessarily?
3. After the irrational BS Ashley put Tanner through, it was laughable for me to believe that “strong”, “Tell it like it is” Quinn broke Alex's heart all because she thought he would cheat on her when he NEVER exhibited that type of behavior before, and to break up with someone over an assumption without even hearing him out, made me roll my eyes innumerous times. It just didn’t fit the character we knew of Quinn up to that time.
4. Quin was the queen of NO BS, but by the end of the book, that is all that came out of her mouth, BS.
6. I hate cliff-hangers.
What I did love about this book at first was Quinn’s strength, and her pension for telling it like it is. The sex scenes were smoking HOT, but they were just not enough to make up for all the crappy filler in between.
Quinn was never a relationship kind of girl. She's a hit it & quit it and no repeats kind of girl. Her hook up with Alex after a club one night was supposed to be just that. When their best friends (Tanner and Ashley from the Uninhibited series) became a couple it was inevitable that they would be running into each other often. On a slow night they did each other a 'favor' by hooking up one more time. That night turned into a 2 year loosely described relationship - putting a label on it might ruin it.
Completely out of the blue Quinn breaks it off with Alex with no explanation and won't even communicate with him. When he is offered a great job opportunity across the country he takes it figuring he and Quinn with never be again and he might as well try for a fresh start. Quinn throws herself back into her job at her father's company 200% and begins to lose a little bit of herself in the process. Her father, who is only interested in money and power, basically blackmails Quinn into a side deal to help secure a merger with another large company so that he can truly be the richest and the most powerful no matter who he destroys in the process.
Alex's job brings him back home after 2 years and he has a glimmer of hope that he may be able to work things out with Quinn but the Quinn he once knew - and loved - is not really the same. It's hard to tell if she ever will be.
*sigh* I love this book! You can really feel for both Quinn & Alex so it's impossible to takes 'sides.' I'm on the side of them being together!
This is a spin off of the Unihibited series but it is its own stand alone series. That being said, I highly highly recommend reading it not just because it's an awesome story but to fully understand how Quinn & Alex's bond is formed and strengthened. Their story overlaps with the Uninhibited series just enough though. Love it!!!
Quinn is a strong. ambitious, sexy, confident, a no barriers kind of woman. Men fall to her feet and she has a slew of men to choose from. One-night-stands are all she needs to satisfy her sexual desires, never needing or wanting anything more. A encounter with Alex that was suppose to only be one time, leads to more. One night so incredible that both Quinn and Alex are ruined for others. Alex is very good at reading people and sees Quinn for who she really is. He knows she carries a lot of baggage and treads lightly as he wins her over through friendship. Without realizing it, Quinn's one-time rule is forgotten when it comes to Alex. Alex gets her. He makes her feel special, loved and cherished. Everything she doesn't feel from her parents especially her father who she does everything and anything to impress. She has a very hard time trusting, but somehow she has allowed her walls down and has fallen for Alex. She doesn't admit it with words, but Alex knows through her actions. What started as one-night leads to two years. Two years of wonderful, until something causes Quinn to question Alex's true self. Ending things with Alex causes a spiral of changes. A heart broken Alex moves to Arizona to pursue greater opportunities for his carrier. Quinn jumps back, head first into work, working in gaining her fathers approval so one day she can fill his shoes. What Quinn doesn't expect is her father changing the rules. After two years, Alex finds himself back, as head-trainer for the Jets. Still in love with Quinn he is determined to win her back, until he finds that Quinn has moved on and engaged to another man. Hurt, Alex needs and wants answers. Why did she end things between them when everything was going so well? What did Quinn's fiancé have and do to convince her to finally commit to forever?
I became a fan of Kimberly Bracco's through the Uninhibited series and an even bigger one now. Her writing keeps getting better and better. Ms. Bracco has this amazing ability to make you feel as if your experiencing what the characters are. Her sex scenes are hot with just right amount of sweetness and spice. I loved Quinn and Alex's story. I love that Alex was able to break down Quinn's walls with his simple gestures. II am so eager to see what choices Quinn is going to make in book 2, Irrefutable.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Books > Romance > Romantic Suspense
- Books > Romance > Sports
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Sports