- Hardcover: 328 pages
- Publisher: University Of Chicago Press; 1 edition (October 1, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0226734501
- ISBN-13: 978-0226734507
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 1.1 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#1,245,241 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #544 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Legislative Branch
- #1112 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Political Parties
- #1570 in Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Elections
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Fallacy of Campaign Finance Reform 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
Real campaign reform would be : abolishing the Federal Elections Commission and permitting American citizens (not corporations, labor unions, or foreign citizens) to give any amount of money to the candidate of their choice. THe only requirement would be disclosure within 30 days of the donation if it exceeds one thousand dollars from any one person in any calander year. Expenditures need not be kept track of unless they were to be given to another candidate for office.
If we then create competitive legislative districts , encourage 3rd parties to enter the poltical arena , and have 3 ballot elections so that only a person with an absolute majority of the votes in the district, state, or nation can win the office being contested, then we will have substantially improved the performance of our political system and reduced corruption all without campaign donation limits that we now have but which prevents average people from running for office.
I recommend all members of congress, the president and all U.S. voters READ THIS BOOK NOW!