- Series: Studies in the Visual Cultures of the Middle Ages (Book 7)
- Hardcover: 282 pages
- Publisher: Brepols Publishers (June 18, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 2503541186
- ISBN-13: 978-2503541181
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 1 x 11.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,207,947 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Fallen Idols, Risen Saints: Sainte Foy of Conques and the Revival of Monumental Sculpture in Medieval Art (Studies in the Visual Cultures of the Middle Ages)
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
"...a thrilling book with inspiring assumptions [...] contributes to an intensifying debate on what and how we can learn from (early) medieval texts about works of art, as well as their limitations, and how closely theological debated and artistic developments can be related." ----Gerhard Lutz, Dommuseum Hildesheim, The Medieval Review 16.09.12
About the Author
Beate Fricke is associate professor of medieval art at the University of California, Berkeley, and the author of "Fallen Idols, Risen Saints."