Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Quell
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

• Quell
  • Customer Reviews

on January 12, 2013
...you get the idea. A challenging test of reasoning and visuospatial skills, this could be sold as a "use it or lose it" brain exercise game package. (Also great for rehabbing tron a concussion, for those of us who play contact sports or are just accident- prone.) The pain in the (butt) : getting prodded to sell the game to my friends and relatives on Facebook and here on Amazon Kindle/Google Play. This is more appropriate for a non-paid app. I'll be checking the reviews on the new version before I pay to work for the developers. All in all, highly recommended game if you can deal with the hassle of begging.
on March 7, 2013
I just got my Kindle Fire, and got a couple other games that are okay. This one is outstanding. It is SO RELAXING to play it that I forgot things I was stressed about.
Imagine playing with a raindrop! After you complete each puzzle, you can go back and try to better your score. There is no pressure to do this, no penalty for not doing well. You just go back and try again if you want.
The music and graphics are pleasant and relaxing.
I am 62 yrs. old and it is perfect for me.
on October 18, 2013
I have completed the game with all levels perfect, collected all jewels, and got all 35 achievements. I saw a new update and was eager to see what was new. Turned out nothing really changed, except all levels have been reset from perfect to completed. Really? I am not going to play the same game again.

Dev should fix that problem.
on November 7, 2013
I own three Quell games (Quell, Quell Reflect, and Quell Memento) The games worked fine before the latest "Update", now they (3 games) will not keep the perfect game stats or coins earned in memory. The games are still very entertaining, and make a person think, but the feeling of having to start all over again every time I open the game (any of the three) is very "off putting".
on December 3, 2011
From the start this game looks and sounds great, however during the different levels there is an annoying flicker and lots of pixel dancing (noise) going on which is very distracting. I was thinking of uninstalling and re-installing, but I'm not sure that will solve the problem. Too bad, overall is seems to be a nice soothing game. I read another review that saying the same thing. I expect more from "pay" apps.
on April 10, 2012
They caught me when I was playing with one of those TouchPads at Office Depot and Quell was part of its bloatware suite. That (and Cordy) are the only two bloatware apps I've run in to on a device I've been playing with that I bought from the Market as soon as I got home.

The visuals are nice, though nothing spectacular, and the music is of excellent quality leaving it as the only app on my phone without the volume muted.

There's really not much replay value, but there are a fairly decent number of levels for a $0.99 game, and some of them are going to take a while to figure out unless you're Rain Man.

They do try to sell you Quell: Reflect still, even if you already own it, but the annoyance has really dropped to an acceptable level.

Same thing happens with a lot of games though, Cordy is constantly bugging me about Sleepy Jack even though it is installed, ad-free Rovio games are really just Rovio only ad games, pretty much the only things I've picked up that aren't trying to sell me something are indie games and hobby Linux ports.

Sad that it's come to that, but Quell is definitely not one of the worst offenders, and it comes without micro-purchases or Feint.

All in all I would say it is definitely worth the price, even more so if you're picking it up as the FAotD today, I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone and without reservation to everyone who enjoys puzzle games.
on April 12, 2012
The game itself is very nice with smooth play and just the right amount of brain tease. But I hate the Facebook feature and being asked to rate the game. I don't want to subject my Facebook friends to the trivia of what game I have played. Finally, rating of anything should be natural desire not a prompt. Even with my 2 dislikes I gave 5 stars but wish I could take 1/2 star away.
on December 1, 2013
I love puzzle games and this one is different (in a good way!) from all of the others I've played. While it does keep track of the time you take to complete a level, there are achievements both for doing them really fast and doing them really slow, so there's no pressure. For each level you can see the the number of moves that is the minimum required to collect all the pearls, and if you match it you get a coin and a gold check mark. Each level also has a jewel hidden in one of the blocks that you reveal by running your rain drop into the block and seeing it crack open. It takes several hits to reveal the jewel, so you can't get the perfect score and the gem in the same play through.

The coins you earn can be used to unlock a level or locate the hidden jewel and can be purchased for cash along with some other optional features like a permanent jewel finder. So far, I've earned plenty of coins to use when I'm having trouble finding a jewel, and there aren't any nag screens that have popped up, so I don't find the cash shop aspect as intrusive as some other games I've played (Candy Crush Saga, I'm looking at you!)

Playing the game is very relaxing - there are no flashing lights. obnoxious sounds, or timers counting down, the game alerts you when you've made a move that makes the level impossible to complete, and you can hit a button to reset the level without any penalty (no limit on the number of tries). My only quibble is that the game automatically sends you to the next level and stage when you've completed a level, so it's a bit tedious if you want to go back and replay a particular level to find a jewel or get a better score after you've completed the level. The game also forgot all of my gold check boxes after I restarted my tablet, although it remembered the jewels I found. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature though, because it allowed me to replay the levels where I already knew how to complete them perfectly and earn another coin.
on November 26, 2013
One of the best games I have purchased for my kindle fire. I don't understand how these games can be free and 99 cents, but I can get use to it. It sure makes up for the price of the kindle fire. The cost is greatly justified. It is more than equal to that of a song or even on the same level of an episode of a television show. I usually don't give a five star rating, but this game is really something extra special.
on December 2, 2013
Endlessly entertaining. Get all the jewels - then try for the lowest possible moves. One problem, at least with the Fire HD 8.9" is that everything stores in memory from session to session except the perfect scores attained. All those hard-fought-for golden check boxes turn back to grey every time the game is restarted - taking away (at least visually) the satisfaction of knowing that you've done well. At least the colorful jewels remain colorful!