Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

Falling Skies: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on April 18, 2017
"Falling Skies" is a very engaging and entertaining science fiction thriller and interpersonal drama from the TNT Network, featuring a superb cast and excellent special effects. Season 2 continues its examination of the apocalyptic aftermath of a mysterious and devastating alien invasion, and the manner in which the remaining humans struggle to survive, as well as the complicated relationships and alliances that inevitably develop. "Falling Skies" is replete with action, adventure, and drama, and makes for very enjoyable viewing for proponents of this genre, and merits a five-star rating, along with a strong recommendation.
on February 1, 2016
I put this program on more because my husband likes it than because it's anything I am especially excited about. I'm sure that you all have similar issues within your own families. Different people like different things and finding shows that everyone can enjoy together is an exercise in compromise. In my house, there are three people. I prefer older shows without all the sex and violence. I also like good life lessons in my shows. My husband is pretty picky, but tends to be partial to all of the newest, action packed stuff that is around. My son is a Star Trek junkie and also a big fan of Top Gear.

With all of that said... Falling Skies is something I watch with my husband. He stays interested because the story line is fast moving and there is a heavy military feel to the entire thing. I don't mind this one because most of the violence is aliens being blown up - more explosion than gore. And there's no nudity or sex to be concerned with. I also think the cast is great.

SPOILER WARNING - STOP READING HERE IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS!!!
Season 2 specifically gets into finding another community of people and the attempts to rebuild the government. There is a lot of how things appear vs how they really are stuff going on in this season. So, if you like the dystopian future that always has some guy in charge of things and the people aren't happy about it... stick with this show through Season 2.
on January 22, 2017
Falling Skies is an excellent show. It grabbed my daughter's and my attention the minute it came on television. It was a show that both of us could watch and bond through because even thought the genre was sci-fi, it maintained a a sense of decorum and presented moral scenarios that provided conversation between us. The special effects were definitely cutting edge for t.v. and I have recently began watching again to enjoy the whole us against them battle that signifies this great nation's issues. We Americans are like the proverbial "family". We may fight among ourselves due to our individual desire to be free to do what we want, but Heaven help those outside forces who threaten us or our way of life!! We have proved time and time again that we will bond together like steel when the wolf is at the door. This show demonstrates the courage , tenacity, and ingenuity that the blending of this "Melting Pot" of different cultures provides this country. I am glad that Amazon chose this show to air. I highly reccommend it for the entertainment and the feel good mood it provides.
on January 28, 2016
This is the second season of a show that I have really enjoyed. ---SPOILERS ALERT---
With science fiction, one is always suppressing one's sense of disbelief of how believable the plot is, but there are a few times when this suspension of disbelief went beyond the typical science fiction suspension of disbelief, because the plot seems slightly contrived. Such as Karen's elevation with the Espheni (unless this is explained better somewhere that I missed), the depth of Anne Glass's character's postpartum depression meltdown (unless I missed how where is explained also have been alien-influenced), Pope's constant and unreliable swinging between palatable and despicable (and how leader after leader tolerates him regardless of how despicable he was at times). Pope's whole character swings between believable and necessary evil and unbelievable and contrived, but I have gotten used to him. If the contrived parts of the plot occurred TOO much, I would not like this show, but since I am giving it 4 stars, you can surmise that it happened enough for me to notice, but not enough for me to not like the show.
Being a man with my own sons, Tom Mason's relationship with each of his sons draws me into the show at a level other shows don't.
on October 22, 2016
Season one and season two had very strong plots based on time tested moral and ethical dilemas people have always faced. I was enameled by seasons one and two. Such sacrifice and valor depicted by such out gunned men and wonen. I salute the Tom and Dan of season one and two, and even thrvfirst few season three episodes. However, regretably, season three to a nose dive in story depth and moral aptitude. Its as if some evil entity or force usurped the show and it's characters, rather than leaving the show in its original format, and pulled a bait and switch in order to insidously implant it's nefarious ideals into an unsuspecting and now, because the seasons one and, open viewers. I got through season three and stopped. I'll never see season four. Was a great show. What happened? In so disappointed.
on June 26, 2013
This is one of the toughest genres for a TV series to undertake. As a movie, this type of post-apocalyptic show would be easy to execute, fitting a story line nicely into 90 - 120 minutes. As a TV series, you have to keep the motion of the story line moving along for hours on end. In addition to keeping the story line moving along, you have to maintain a certain degree of realism for the situation.

I believe that Falling Skies achieves these qualities satisfactorily. While my mind occasionally does ponder the obvious contradictions (90% of the people, including the military, have been wiped out, but these rag tag fighters aren't destroyed in the same fashion), I still find the story line intriguing enough to overlook these technicalities.

Overall, this series holds its own against any other shows in this genre, and continues to gain traction with new viewers.
Top Contributor: Golfon December 11, 2014
See my FS review re Season 1. Each episode is a mastery of editing, as the story continues 3 or 7 months later, the viewer is filled in on the past via present day dialogue. This avoids boring sequences where, say, Tom is held captive for a while. The story then shows flashbacks as needed to keep us visually apprised. The shows never disappoint with action, meaning shooting, explosions, running and car or motorcycle chases, and there is plenty of scary suspense. I would not recommend it for viewers under 10, unless they're used to big, scary-sounding alien robots coming out of the fog at night. Some good gunplay by the humans. Note the salutes via similarities to other alien invasion movies, like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", "War of the Worlds", "Terminator " et al. Well done.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon April 12, 2015
Season Two of Falling Skies picks up right where Season One leaves off. It does a great job of flowing with the first season so the whole thing feels like a nice continuous story.

The only problem with Season 2 if that the kid Ben grows a lot more than he should have. Season 1 and 2 are separate by a short period of time in the story, but the filming was a year apart. So the cute little kid suddenly starts to look like he's becoming a teenager. This gets worse as the series goes on, but if you just decide to ignore it it's manageable.

As far as keeping the series fresh in season 2 the writers do a good job of keeping the story consistent while adding new problems and twists so that it doesn't feel like the Second Mass is re fighting the same battle against the same enemies over and over and over again.
on July 6, 2017
Not bad except for typical formulaic approach for across demographics ratings; teen romance, pre-teens involved, adult romance and soap-opera relationships - and, plenty of violence for testosterone-brains plus, for other men sci-fi tech. Spreading the programming out that much weakens the story. Don't know why they don't get that. The best, and most successful, shows and movies don't try to appeal to all people, but concentrate solely on the story.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 1, 2016
I like watching a series after the show is over but not cancelled. I also like short seasons because once I'm hooked, the thought of watching something with 20+ episodes for 5 or more seasons can be overwhelming. Falling Skies fit my likes. The story line was interesting & the characters developed over time. What I didn't like was the fact that I spent too much time wondering how in the world did they keep finding food and gasoline and guns and ammunition. Also no running water yet everyone had clean hair and makeup. I know it was just a TV show but I would like to see a little bit of reality mixed in with my fantasy. In other words, where did all the toilet paper and feminine hygiene products come from? And the unlimited supply of everything they needed just seemed to magically appear. The ending was terrible. There was such a build-up and then a let down. Anyway I don't regret watching it and I'll let you watch it to form your own opinion.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse