About the Product
- Enjoy your very own Vault Boy collectors item direct from Vault-Tec
- Includes The Art of Fallout 3 hardcover book of exclusive concept art and commentary
- Special DVD The Making of Fallout 3 included for a behind the scenes look at the creative team
- Includes fully customized metal Vault-Tec lunch box
- Receive these collector edition items with the game Fallout 3
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor||Intel Core 2 Duo processor|
|RAM:||XP: 1GB System RAM |
Vista: 2GB System RAM
|2 GB System RAM|
|Video Card:||Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)||NvidiaDirect X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)|
|Supported Video Card Chipsets:||NVIDIA GeForce Series 200, 9800, 9600, 8800, 8600, 8500, 8400, 7900, 7800, 7600, 7300, 6800; ATI HD Series 4800, 4600, 3800, 3600, 3400, 2900, 2600, 2400; ATI Series X1900, X1800, X1600, X1300, and X850|
Top Customer Reviews
I don't want to issue any spoilers, but what I will say is that the graphics are revolutionary! The world feels very immersing and the character interactions are very realistic. The controls are very similar to Oblivion too, so it wasn't hard to dive in. The game is very, very polished and when you exit Vault 101 for the first time, the scenery that greets you is astounding! You can see objects in full clarity right out to the horizon and the environment looks very much like a post-apocalyptic wasteland, albeit under a very gray palette. I maxed out the in-game detail settings and my single slot GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB handled it perfectly. This is first class!
My biggest gripe with DRM is limited activations, which also infer spying on your machine. This game does indeed use the "evil" SecuROM, but it's just the usual SecuROM disc-checking that we have in tonnes of games prior to this. There are NO LIMITED ACTIVATIONS. I'm a big anti-DRM person, just look at my posts for Spore, but this, in my opinion, is an acceptable use of DRM and I recommend people get the game.
Fallout 3 was released yesterday, and we can all lay our worries to rest.
From the opening splash screens, to Ron Perlman's narrative, to the interactive birthing of your character, Fallout 3 hits the nail on the head.
Graphically the game is awe inspiring. No, it's no Crysis, but when you first leave the vault and step out into the wasteland you are greeted with a post-apocalyptic vision stretching away for miles in all directions that sends chills down your spine. Yes, some of the textures are lower resolution due to Fallout 3 being developed for consoles as well as PC, but I honestly took a long time to notice since I was so caught up in the game.
Action wise, it's great to be able to run around and shoot like it was a FPS, but it's even better to be able to hit a button and go into V.A.T.S. mode and aim at specific body parts. The first time you make someone's head explode or cause a mutant dog to disintegrate in slow-motion you will appreciate it even more.
Role-playing wise, it's fantastic to not be limited in your choices. You can help people, rob them, or kill them, it's up to you. Steal or buy, run or fight, be nice or be naughty, play the game the way you want to.
And then go back and play it all over a different way. It also helps immensly that - unlike Far Cry 2 - the voice acting is top notch. You beleive these are people, rather than poor actors reading lines as fast as they can to collect the check and get home.Read more ›
It is a cRPG game in which the player can alternate between the First and Third person perspective roaming a world comparable in size with OBLIVION. The action has moved from Vault 13 and Southern California to Vault 101 and Washington, D.C. and the story brakes away from the previous bloodlines. However, the atmosphere of the original has been maintained and its scents sharpened: veterans will find it fitting like and old glove - whereas the new gamers are in store for a bag of pleasant surprises.
The graphics are wonderful, the guns detailed and the environments highly interactive. Short of a screenshot, imagine what would HalfLife-2 would look if released today. And similar to HL2, FALLOUT-3 does not require an...ubercomputer to run smoothly. Once you see a NPC move though, you understand where the corners were cut.
Character customization is carried out in great style using the new and improved PIP-BOY at the beginning. You exit the vault and the harsh reality of a world that barely survived annihilation slaps you on the face. Adapt or perish.
The main storyline is there to be followed but FALLOUT-3 offers the greatest number of alternative choices I have ever encountered in a game! There is always a great number of paths to follow in order to achieve any goal - but every choice comes with a consequences tag. This is common feature of most classic cRPGs but in FALLOUT-3 I saw it implemented like never before. If nothing else, this sends replayability through the roof.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Loved the series, wasn't able to get motivated for a second plaything with a fresh character tho.Published 24 months ago by Harold Buchanan
Fallout 3: Collector's Edition (PC) is one of the greatest games on the Xbox 360 system. The company behind it is Bethesda, who is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, i.e. Read morePublished on January 25, 2014 by Christopher J. Cowen
This game is one of the best game ever release in the ps3/360 era.
Storyline is sad, you wake up one day and your dad leaves the cave. Read more
Bobble head, lunchbox, excellent game. Looks great decorating my shelves. I actually bought two of these and gave one to a friend.Published on November 17, 2013 by Aaron
This is one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe even THE best. I highly recommend it to any RPG/Elder Scrolls fans out there. Read morePublished on November 2, 2013 by Joseph C. Krzyzanski
Considering only the disc was sixty bucks when it first came out, the collector's edition delivers a lot of exclusive content you couldn't get elsewhere. Except for maybe ebay lolPublished on August 27, 2013 by pompy23
Why buy the bobble-head on eBay when you can have the whole set of goodies from the Collector's Edition for just $10 more? Read morePublished on May 12, 2013 by Mark Foshee