$ 99 $19.99 Save $1.00 (5%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details
+ $3.98 shipping
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Fight for survival against terrors of the outside world, radiation, and mutants after nuclear fallout
- Latest in human ability simulation affords unlimited customization of characters
- Expansive world in modern super-deluxe HD graphics
- Features ability to pause time in combat, target specific body parts, and queue up attacks
- 1st- or 3rd-person perspective
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
3 playable characters, each with their own unique traits, strengths and attributes. Unleash over 50 ranged, explosive weapons on hoards of radioactive and mutant creatures and bosses. Tons of unique equipment to acquire from defeated enemies.
The third game in the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. Combining the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong, with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda, Fallout 3 will satisfy both players familiar with the popular first two games in its series as well as those coming to the franchise for the first time.
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom! ? Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland! See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin! You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.! ? Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation ? the SPECIAL Character System! Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views! ? The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice! ? Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S.! ?Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence! ? At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness! ? Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
|Minimum Specifications:||Recommended Specifications:|
|Processor:||2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor||Intel Core 2 Duo processor|
|RAM:||XP: 1GB System RAM |
Vista: 2GB System RAM
|2 GB System RAM|
|Video Card:||Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)||NvidiaDirect X 9.0c compliant video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI 3800 series)|
|Supported Video Card Chipsets:||NVIDIA GeForce Series 200, 9800, 9600, 8800, 8600, 8500, 8400, 7900, 7800, 7600, 7300, 6800; ATI HD Series 4800, 4600, 3800, 3600, 3400, 2900, 2600, 2400; ATI Series X1900, X1800, X1600, X1300, and X850|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
You play as a Vault dweller who sets out from Vault 101, in search of his father, a scientist who broke out of the Vault for certain reasons.
The universe of the Fallout series takes place in a world where even in the year 2070 and beyond it has stayed in a 1950's mindset. Technology got bigger, not smaller. The USA, China and Russia launched nuclear bombs one day at each other, destroying most of the world. You emerge as a Vault dweller in each game from a Vault into a wasteland full of danger, mystery, surprise and many quests. Fallout 3 is no exception.
Huge, detailed open world to explore
Over a hundred locations in the wasteland, from schools, hospitals, hotels, vaults, houses, city's, towns, etc.
Over a dozen weapons from guns to flamethrowers to grenades and plasma rifles
Can be played in first person or third person view
Character creation at beginning of game is a plus
Several RPG elements, character leveling with experience
Lockpicking is fun
Enemies from mutants, wildlife, bandits and robots
Realistic physics, damage, cool explosions
Richly detailed environments
Great graphics, character models, voice acting
Fantastic sound, atmosphere
Engaging storyline, quests, multiple choices and dialog options to make
Interesting characters and factions
Ability to eat and sleep, dress
Main quest feels liner
Game crashes sometimes so save and save often!
All in all a great, all.time classic from Bethesda.
Run on a: Dell Optiplex GX620 PC with a P4 HT CPU at 3.4ghz, 2GB DDR2 Ram, 80GB HD with 20 GB free space, SoundMax sound (onboard) HD Radeon LP 6450 1GB DDR3 video card, Windows XP Home SP3, runs on high settings
Like Oblivion and Morrowind before it, Fallout 3 puts you in the first person (or 3rd person, via the F key) percpective of a character in an open-world. The character is customizable from the on-set of the story and can be upgraded/customized further via XP (experience points) gained throughout the game. Fallout 3 contains a main story, but the meat of it is the various ways you can choose to tackle it and the swath of side-stories and sub-quests you can choose to tackle along the way. This all makes for a very open-ended game. If you have ten Fallout 3 players in the same room, they all probably have very different stories in the game.
Fallout 3 takes place over 200 years after a nuclear holocaust has wiped out most of Earth's inhabitants, in the ruins of what was once Washington D.C. Your character is born in a protective vault called Vault 101. One day, your very loving father escapes the vault without saying a word and is ladeled a criminal by the the vault's "Overseer". You go after him to find him and discover just what happened. Into "Capital Wasteland" you go.
From your exile from Vault 101, things really pick up. The first few areas in Vault 101 are basically in-game tutorials and stat setups. Once you exit Vault 101, which pretty early on, you're thrown head long into a huge and dangerous world to explore.
CPU: 2.4GHz Dual Core
Harddisc Space: 6GB
Video Card/GPU: NVIDIA 6800/ATI x850
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7
*NOTE* Even on the lowest graphics settings, Fallout 3 looks good. So if you only meet these bare minimum requirements, it's still worth owning. My laptop runs Fallout 3 on MEDIUM and I've experimented with it on LOW. Still looks pretty good. Amazon should show these facts in their game description.
I found that when fighting, I was always using the Action Points and the Targeting System. This was cool like the first few times, then it got repetative when real-time became a slow motion, one-sided battle. I mean, what enemy stands a chance when you can stop time and blast their head off? If you attempt to go through the game without using the targeting system, your attacks do far less damage so this option isn't really viable.
There was just too much loose missions and junk to collect that made the game seem, well, blah. You only pick up the story once in a while, and that wasn't even so great. Now if you took Fallout 3's game engine and the first Fallout's gameplay and story, then you'd have a 5 star game.