Select items for an Amazon Gift Card
Get free shipping with fast payment.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Includes a life-size replica of the Pip-Boy 3000
- The Pip-Boy 3000 has been painstakingly recreated and modified for real world display as a digital clock
- Include all of the items from the Fallout 3 Collector’s Edition including the Fallout 3 game
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
According to Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks, "The Survival Edition offers gamers the unique opportunity to own a piece of video game history along with a collection of limited edition items – it’s the definitive Fallout 3 package."
An Amazon.com Exclusive, the Fallout 3: Survival Edition, is the ultimate Fallout 3 package that includes a life-size replica of the Pip-Boy 3000, the wrist-mounted device worn by characters in-game. The Pip-Boy 3000 has been painstakingly recreated and modified for real world display as a digital clock. In addition to the Pip-Boy 3000, the Survival Edition will include all of the items from the Fallout 3 Collectors Edition including the Fallout 3 game, a customized, metal Vault-Tec lunch box, 5" Vault Boy Bobblehead, The Art of Fallout 3 hardcover book, and The Making of Fallout 3 DVD.According to Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks, "The Survival Edition offers gamers the unique opportunity to own a piece of video game history along with a collection of limited edition items its the definitive Fallout 3 package." From the creators of award-winning Oblivion, Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever made. Create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland. Prepare for the future. The third game in the Fallout series, Fallout 3 is a singleplayer action role-playing game (RPG) set in a post-apocalyptic Washington DC. Combining the horrific insanity of the Cold War era theory of mutually assured destruction gone terribly wrong, with the kitschy naivety of American 1950s nuclear propaganda, Fallout 3 will satisfy both players familiar with the popular first two games in its series as well as those coming to the franchise for the first time.
For 200 years, Vault 101 , a fallout shelter, has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are all no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you've ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun to search for your father, and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland. See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin. You make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter.
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation the SPECIAL Character System. Utilizing new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL affords unlimited customization of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects
- Fantastic New Views The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again. No longer constrained to just one view, experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Customize your view with the touch of a button.
- The Power of Choice. Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilized fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast 'Em Away With V.A.T.S. Even the odds in combat with the Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000. V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence At Vault-Tec, we realize that the key to reviving civilization after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America's First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. Facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant's face.
- The Fallout 3 video game
- An Amazon.com exclusive life-size replica of the Pip-Boy 3000, the wrist-mounted device worn by characters in the game.
- Vault Boy Bobblehead: Your very own Vault Boy collectors item is direct from Vault-Tec
- The Art of Fallout 3: Features nearly 100 pages of never-before seen concept art and commentary from Bethesda Game Studios artists.
- The Making of Fallout 3 DVD: An exclusive, inside look at Bethesda Game Studios and the team behind the game.
- Vault-Tec Lunch Box: A fully customized metal lunch box in which the entire package will arrive.
Top Customer Reviews
The Exclusive Survival Edition is not worth the premium over the other versions.
1) The Pip-Boy 3000 looks & feels cheaply made. The clock doesn't have the amount of detail originally presented. It is made from creaky injection molded plastic & visually has the appeal of a dollar store item, not a $129.99 item.
Mine was also DOA on arrival, totally failing to power on after installing the *three* AAA batteries it required.
2) The bobble-head is "cute" but was not attached to the base, therefore it won't stand up.
Both of these are apparently due to poor quality control. The box was in pristine condition when it arrived, so the "damage" does not appear to be due to shipping.
One thing that has not been mentioned yet is the battery life issue. The clock will run for about a week before the display starts to dim and the batteries need to be replaced. I have changed my batteries twice since buying this clock for my game room(using brand new Duracels). I am ebaying the clock to try and recover some of my loss from buying this bundle.
Also, this battery life problem is not an isolated issue. It is happening on all Pip-boys. Fans are posting rants on message boards all over the internet. It took some time for the problem to surface because most people assumed the issue was with the generic batteries that were included with the clock. I can confirm that the problem is with the clock, not with the batteries.
Buy the collector's edition or standard edition -- just don't waste your money on this cheap "collector's item".
Second, this package is expensive. The Pip-Boy 3000 "clock" is pretty cheap, as in dollar store cheap. If it were a squirt gun, it wouldn't be your average Super-Soaker, it'd be a cheap, no-name, drug-store, made-for-toddlers, leaks-like-a-sieve, bargain-bin, piece-of-crap. It drained the batteries in a few days (I'm not sure how old the batteries were, but I had expected them to last longer). It doesn't even have an alarm, let alone a radio, and honestly, for the price, it should have those things just like all the other $20 clocks do. At least some sound effects, for Atom's sake! I'm much more satisfied with my Halo 3 Legendary Edition helmet (which I can't wear and it doesn't light up, but at least it's got a unique number). Still, I kinda like it... the Pip-Boy... call it childish inspiration, like a Lego kit.
Also, the bobble-head isn't nearly as good as the one I have of Kane from Command & Conquer: Kane's Revenge. It's almost as cheap as the clock, but more like a trade-show-freebie or a gift-store-goodie. BUT, the lunch box, art book, and DVD mini-documentary are pretty good. Sure, I "remember" my lunch box being pretty big and heavy in grade school, and this one seems small and fragile by comparison, but I'm a lot bigger now, and besides, there's enough room in it for a sandwich and some jet (just not enough for a Nuka-Cola).
Only hard-core fans of the series and collectors should find this worth their hard earned dollars... Some may find the extras just take up space.
Again, this review is for this specific bundle, the game itself is great, and even the Collectors Edition is nice, but the premium "Survival" edition, intended as a treat for fans of the franchise, is a piece of junk.