Industrial Deals Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on December 4, 2015
I really wanted to love this game. I wanted this game to join the ranks of many other AAA titles that I have in my collection. Unfortunately, it is now just sitting on my shelf collecting dust. There were countless times where the game would drop frame rates so badly, it was like trying to play Crysis 3, on max settings, on a consumer desktop from Best Buy. And if the dropped frame rates weren't bad enough, the game would randomly freeze for a few seconds, go back to normal and then ultimately end up freezing all together, forcing me to eject the disc and making my PS3 restart.

Dropped frame rates and freezing aside, this game is a blast to play. I lost myself for hours in its post-nuclear environment exploring the wasteland and completing missions. It is so much fun using the Experimental MIRV and seeing how much mayhem I could cause. There are so many things to do in this game it is undoubtedly a must have for any gaming library.

There are many reviews out there saying that the GOTY Edition has more bugs and issues than the normal version of the game. While I can only speak for the GOTY Edition, I wouldn't be surprised if the normal Fallout 3 had less issues. It's a shame that Bethesda won't be releasing anymore patches in order to help correct the dropped frame rates and freezing.

From time to time, I still try to play the game, but I'll only be able to get about 10 minutes of gameplay before the game freezes up completely.
4 helpful votes
on November 12, 2017
Only two stars because i do love the game but it has a glitch where you be playing the game and it will freeze on you. Its not the disc its the game it self. No matter what you do it will freeze on the play station 3. I had bought this game for the second time and it still froze on me. I even looked it up on the internet and all the people were saying its a glitch in the software or something like that. If you dont mind to save your game every now and then its a pretty awesome game where you go out and try to find your dad that left you in a vault where you grew up in. So you go out in the waste land trying to find your father. Along the way you interact with people and do missions. You level up when you complete quests and kill peoole or animals. You get better gear and weapons as you level up and explore the wasteland.
on July 23, 2017
Bought the game for it's DLC add-on, generally worked as intended, the Zeta DLC glitches in the beginning but afterward works fine (The other four work fine). It does lag ( loss of time frame causing it to slow down) after awhile of playing (6 or more). Making the experience scarier than deathclaws because it could completely freeze where you have to take out the disc and re-insert it because the game just stops playing and if you didn't save, oh well. Overall, NO major issues like crashes, constant lagging, or constant complete freezes.
on July 23, 2017
I have such high hopes for this game. I love the fallout series and had this game for Xbox but wanted to play on the PS3 platform. The game was extremely buggy to the point were it was unplayable. The PlayStation would make very loud noises and then freeze or shut off which resulted in having to do a hard restart. What a disappointment, I can't believe Bethesada would let this low quality production see the light of day.

I've never returned anything on amazon and this product will be the first. Very disappointing.
on March 16, 2017
This game was one of the best I've ever played. The story to the awesome game-play makes this a game worth picking up. I never had problems with shipping or the quality of the disk everything was in perfect condition. Since this game is game of the year edition, it includes up to 4 more dlc content. From taking over an alien spaceship to killing zombies in the wasteland, there is never a dull moment you will have while playing this game.
on November 27, 2015
I love Fallout and this game is no exception. It has an amazing storyline and impressive gameplay that is action packed and filled with emotion that is definitely worth the experience. I know Fallout 4 is out now, but I didn't have any systems to play it. Fallout 3 is still an amazing game even though it's now 6 years old and it will remain amazing for years to come along with all the Fallout games before and after it. 5/5
4 helpful votes
on September 28, 2014
Fallout 3 is more an experience than a game. The GOTY version is well worth it considering the level cap increase. Playing the game before the increase, I capped off about two thirds of the way thru the game. Point Lookout is a real gem, too. What I love about this game is that it's not like GTA where you are given a beautiful city to run around but quickly catch on that it's only a shell. In FO3, if you see a structure, 99% of the time, that structure had an interior you can explore and people living in it and enemies. The world seems so alive and is easy to relate to considering the use of Washington DC. VATS is beautiful too! The only complaint I could muster is the manner of traveling through DC. Using the subways can be confusing and you may find it absolutely necessary to pull up a walkthru or buy the guide in order to effectively navigate the different parts of the city. Never fear, the rest of the map is available for you to roam around freely. My favorite game so far.
on November 17, 2015
I will start by saying that about an hour or so into the game I did not like it. This is the first time I have played a game like this and was unfamiliar with the game play. As I became familiar with the controls I started to get sucked in. The world can feel a little overwhelming in the beginning but soon you look forward to the exploration.
There are numerous complaints about lag and freezing which are true but there are many posts online that help you control the problem. The steps are a bit tedious but help greatly without them the game gets down right frustrating.
Even with the technical glitches the game is very addictive. The story line is linear in an open world but you have many options in how and when to deal with it. I enjoyed this game so much that at the time of this review I am waiting on the delivery of Fallout New Vegas.
on December 25, 2015
For anyone who is interested in RPGs, it's a great game and made even better with all the DLC included. The biggest problem I see with it is that if you have too many saved files on your device, it crashes a lot. I had close to 50 saved game files, but when I deleted them down to 3, it stopped crashing on me a lot.

The PS4 is great, but if you don't have a PS4, feel free to pick up cheap PS3 games!

Edit- June 24, 2016- I just finished the main story and was working my way through the DLC. I originally gave it 4 stars but am giving it 3 stars. So I did the DLC in this order on an early fat PS3 80 gig-
- Mothership Zeta
- The Pitt
- Point Lookout
- Operation Anchorage
- Broken Steel- halfway through, but didn't finish because of excessive crashing

I got a lot a few crashes in The Pitt, a lot of crashes in Point Lookout and even more crashes in Operation Anchorage. I can see why people complain that the PS3 version of Fallout 3. In some cases, you can get it to run more smoothly by pausing the game with start and letting it run for half an hour. That only worked for Point Lookout for me. Honestly, the DLC wasn't all that great. The Pitt and Mothership Zeta was pretty linear and boring, and besides from unique armor and weapons, wasn't really worth it. Point Lookout is the best of the DLC. From what I heard the larger your save file, the more likely it is to crash, so if you can skip a few of the DLC, skip it.
on September 25, 2015
An instant classic now as a classic. An open-world 1st or 3rd person action-shooter with heavy RPG elements. I found the game play a unique experience different than most action-shooters (aka V.A.T.S.) but one of my favorite gaming experiences once you get a handle on combat. Why? Slow motion kill-shot following the bullet to brain exploding it into a shower of blood. You also have dialogue, tons and tons of dialogue, in which where you choose what you say (e.g. Mass Effect) expect your guy is voiceless. The story is mediocre at best but it’s all about the side quests and the journey; it's also a nice to listen to the Liam Neeson as your father. Overall, a great Bethesda game with a few glitches and frozen screen moments here-and-there but not anything game breaking. I would most definitely recommend this game to other people.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.