Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Format: Video Game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 700 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 769 reviews
on June 30, 2016
Works great on XBOX ONE's Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility feature. They just added the game about a week ago to the backwards compatible list. Although only the regular edition is labeled as backwards compatible, this ultimate edition works just fine too, core game & DLC included.

It's basically the reverse of the instructions for if you bought it for a 360 with a few extra steps. For the ONE, you install disc 1 which is the core game disc. It installs the entire disc (about 5.8GB). Then you put in disc 2, it'll add all the DLC (All six DLC's). This all takes some time, I never can tell if the Xbox One is just really slow to copy off a disc or if it is downloading rather than copying. This is due to the fact that Xbox One calls everything (downloads, actual installs, updates) "installing". So you never know EXACTLY what is going on. But either way, it all installs to the hard drive. The reversal I mentioned earlier is, on the 360, you install the DLC off disc 2 and then play off disc 1. On the Xbox One, you install the DLC and then you have to leave disc 2 in. Otherwise the game will not recognize the dlc. So disc 2 is the trigger disc that tells the system you own the game and the dlc. Since the entire game is actually installed on your hard drive for the XBOX ONE usage, disc 1 technically isn't needed anymore. You can also start the core game with disc 1 but the dlc won't appear. So it's a little confusing but trust me, it's easier to do than explain. Very easy. Just takes some time to set it all up.

Anyway, I love this game, had to have it. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 are some of my favorite games. Despite already having played this earlier, I had to get it again for Xbox One. I can't play these games enough anyway, it's a different experience every time. So if you are curious if the Xbox One supports this Ultimate Edition. Yes it does.
on November 1, 2016
ONE of the best games I have ever played in my life. it's Xbox one compatiable. I highly recommend this game to anyone .
on July 17, 2015
First off I would like to say that anything in the Fallout series is awesome.

Now on to the nitty gritty.

I think the console releases of these have some issues due to hardware limitations. You will notice after playing for a considerable amount of time (hours) that the game may freeze. Save often, as the auto-save like to get corrupted. Fast traveling too many times will cause the game to lock up. Other than that the game has a lot of glitches.

You can do a bit to help things though.

1. Install the game to the HDD.
This helps the loading times considerably. It about halved mine.

2. Clear your system cache.
Once you start having a lot of failures and see a lot of glitches clean the system cache. The will need to be done every now and again. the upside is it did fix a lot of issues.

3. Get the update/patch
Make sure you get the system update/patch for New Vegas. This fixed a lot more issues I was having. Granted you lose the ability to exploit cheats and glitches. Some glitches with conversation and gaining XP still exist, though they are minimal.

Keep to those 3 and you should be fine.
on September 24, 2016
I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this game, but after being addicted to Skyrim made by the same company, I had to give it a try. It was a great price and I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was right! This game is really great. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what I was doing, but it's really a great game once I got the hang of it. It's not my very favorite game - that'd be Skyrim - but it's a very nice addition to my game selections and I am so glad I gave it a try.

The DLC all being included was especially nice! I'm very happy with my purchase!
on January 6, 2016
I liked this iteration in the Fallout series. It was developed by Obsidian, not Bethesda, so that's why it's got a subtitle and not a number (like Fallout 3, Fallout 4); however, that doesn't mean it falls short of the fun and experiences you've come to expect from Fallout games.

I also liked the setting of this one. It was a lot of fun to check out the post-apocalyptic version of Las Vegas.

As always there's TONS of content in a gigantic open-world map. You're free to choose to help people (or not), and there's no lack of challenge.

If you are at all a fan of Fallout, you owe it to yourself to check this one out. It is a lot of fun.
on December 30, 2016
I love this game so far! I started off with playing Fallout 3 on X-Box 360, which I also loved. I had pretty much exhausted all of the story line options in Fallout 3, but I wasn't ready to move away from the Fallout franchise. I have read a lot of reviews where it seemed that people either really liked Fallout 3 OR Fallout: New Vegas, so I was nervous that I wouldn't enjoy this game as much, but so far it is great. The game is fully immersive, and while I've only been able to explore a portion of the game environment so far, it seems vast and detailed. The story line picks up pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to spending more time playing.
on August 3, 2016
Okay, when i first played this back in 2012...I think. I thought that game was boring like a McDonald's pancake without the syrup and butter. So I decided to try this game one more time. I've been playing it and have to say this game has so much content and I haven't been bored yet. Just when you think you have seen everything you stumble into another "deep" side mission. I don't want go in detail about missions but you have to try it. In my opinion the main story isn't as strong as Fallout 3. Even though I have read the original Fallout games were more mature and better than Fallout 3. There's these giant mutated bees called Cazadores. They will screw you up if ain't at a high level or prepared your character with enough anti-venom. There's Three main factions N.C.R, The Legion, and The Khans. There other factions you can join because I joined The White Glove Society. Wearing certain armor from a different faction can cause npc to treat you different.
The landscape and wasteland has more of a rundown apocalyptic feel than Fallout 3. I liked the choice of songs in Fallout 3 radio station a little more than this selection but it's still good. My character is a level 25 with high speech, unarmed, and melee skills. My character just survived being decimated by Boomer artillery as she tried to get into their base. There's also different companions I have found three. I have a robot companion. It's a good game!
on June 19, 2014
I will admit, I am a relative newcomer to the Fallout series. Fallout 3 was my first and emerging from Vault 101 and exploring the Capital Wasteland was an amazing experience. FONV definitely has a different flavor to it and has its own unique gameplay aspects, some of which I love, and others....not so much.

Loves:
- Two companions at a time? and they have their own storyilines and quests and are upgradable? Awesome!!
- Foods and healing works over time, makes gameplay a little more strategic when you can't just switch to your PipBoy and hit ten StimPaks.
- Way more items to build and ammo to make. And being able to craft foods, awesome. I was getting sick of just Cram and Pork N'Beans

Hates:
- I feel like there were just so many more places to explore and unmarked quests in FO3. Just think of the Dunwich Building. I never quite got that experience in FONV.
- Unlike FO3, the game early on is a bit too linear. Damn it, I just want to go to New Vegas first!
- No RockIt Launcher!
- Temporary skill books. Meh...not a fan.

Overall I still prefer FO3 although maybe that's just because it was my first introduction to the series.
on April 17, 2017
This doesn't hold a candle to fallout 3. The world doesn't feel lived in when you come across a farm, if you have no reason to be there yet nothing will be going on, and similar things happen all over the wasteland. All the normal fallout stuff is here so if you're a big fan of fallout you will like this game, probably a lot more than me.
on February 24, 2016
Amazing game, huge amounts of content, a great next step from Fallout 3. I spent hundreds of hours exploring this vegas wasteland and had very little issues with the game. Of course, there's always your random bugs in a game of this scope so be sure to save a ton.

The story was pretty slick, and there's many paths you can choose to go down.
Hundreds of weapons, weapon mods, armors, etc to customize your character. VATS still sucks, I barely use it. I recommend the hardest setting once you get a little ways into the game. Definitely raises the challenge and makes you collect food and water.

Expansions aren't the greatest but to me, they were much better than the ones in Fallout 3.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.