Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on June 30, 2016
Works great on XBOX ONE's Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility feature. They just added the game about a week ago to the backwards compatible list. Although only the regular edition is labeled as backwards compatible, this ultimate edition works just fine too, core game & DLC included.

It's basically the reverse of the instructions for if you bought it for a 360 with a few extra steps. For the ONE, you install disc 1 which is the core game disc. It installs the entire disc (about 5.8GB). Then you put in disc 2, it'll add all the DLC (All six DLC's). This all takes some time, I never can tell if the Xbox One is just really slow to copy off a disc or if it is downloading rather than copying. This is due to the fact that Xbox One calls everything (downloads, actual installs, updates) "installing". So you never know EXACTLY what is going on. But either way, it all installs to the hard drive. The reversal I mentioned earlier is, on the 360, you install the DLC off disc 2 and then play off disc 1. On the Xbox One, you install the DLC and then you have to leave disc 2 in. Otherwise the game will not recognize the dlc. So disc 2 is the trigger disc that tells the system you own the game and the dlc. Since the entire game is actually installed on your hard drive for the XBOX ONE usage, disc 1 technically isn't needed anymore. You can also start the core game with disc 1 but the dlc won't appear. So it's a little confusing but trust me, it's easier to do than explain. Very easy. Just takes some time to set it all up.

Anyway, I love this game, had to have it. Fallout 3, New Vegas and Fallout 4 are some of my favorite games. Despite already having played this earlier, I had to get it again for Xbox One. I can't play these games enough anyway, it's a different experience every time. So if you are curious if the Xbox One supports this Ultimate Edition. Yes it does.
22 comments| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 5, 2017
To those of you who this might be their first time buying an Xbox One Compatible game (I've only since downloaded my old treasured games), Allow me to provide install instructions. First (1) install the first disc with updates. Second (2) insert the second disc. This will launch the game. Third (3) Go to the Xbox One Dashboard and select "My Games and Apps" and select "Fallout: New Vegas" by pressing the menu button (the one with 3 horizontal lines) and select "manage game" and then "see in store". Below this will be your addons. Select and download the dlc you wish to experience at no cost to you. The second disc authorizes the "purchase" so to speak.

Now the tutorial is out of the way. The game runs just as good as before back when bumming with your friends was still a thing. To new comers, enjoy what many hail as the balance of classic in depth rpg elements and the thrill of an FPS. Choose wisely with everything you do and may Lady Luck be by your side when you ride into New Vegas. I'll keep it spoiler free for you guys. This is a fantastic game with intentional replay value. You can touch base ROUGHLY everything in newer Bethesda games but conquering the Wasteland of the West is a lot different than what you're used to. From impressing Vegas gamblers and gangsters to waging wars amongst the many tribes of post-nuclear society the game is deep and echos of many troupes both in gaming and cinema.

To older fans like myself...Screw Boston. Seriously though it's nice to get back on the saddle.
on September 24, 2016
I wasn't sure I'd enjoy this game, but after being addicted to Skyrim made by the same company, I had to give it a try. It was a great price and I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was right! This game is really great. It took me a little while to figure out exactly what I was doing, but it's really a great game once I got the hang of it. It's not my very favorite game - that'd be Skyrim - but it's a very nice addition to my game selections and I am so glad I gave it a try.

The DLC all being included was especially nice! I'm very happy with my purchase!
on December 29, 2015
Awesome price for this game and all the DLC! Has kept me and my boyfriend entertained since we got it! Be warned, don't complete the main quest line until you are finished with everything else you want to do in the game since it will end your character
on August 3, 2016
Okay, when i first played this back in 2012...I think. I thought that game was boring like a McDonald's pancake without the syrup and butter. So I decided to try this game one more time. I've been playing it and have to say this game has so much content and I haven't been bored yet. Just when you think you have seen everything you stumble into another "deep" side mission. I don't want go in detail about missions but you have to try it. In my opinion the main story isn't as strong as Fallout 3. Even though I have read the original Fallout games were more mature and better than Fallout 3. There's these giant mutated bees called Cazadores. They will screw you up if ain't at a high level or prepared your character with enough anti-venom. There's Three main factions N.C.R, The Legion, and The Khans. There other factions you can join because I joined The White Glove Society. Wearing certain armor from a different faction can cause npc to treat you different.
The landscape and wasteland has more of a rundown apocalyptic feel than Fallout 3. I liked the choice of songs in Fallout 3 radio station a little more than this selection but it's still good. My character is a level 25 with high speech, unarmed, and melee skills. My character just survived being decimated by Boomer artillery as she tried to get into their base. There's also different companions I have found three. I have a robot companion. It's a good game!
VINE VOICEon February 7, 2012
There's one crucial element that's somehow gone missing from most modern RPGs: the actual ability to role-play. You can play as Commander Shepard, but you can't do anything a Spectre wouldn't do. You can play as Geralt of Rivia, but you can't do anything a Witcher wouldn't do. Developers have *developed* a nasty habit of creating games that force players into a role and then tell them that they're role-playing. Maybe you are, but in that case I think our definitions might differ.

The opening moments of FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS see you shot in the head and left buried in a shallow grave somewhere in the Mojave Desert. Somehow still clinging to life, you're rescued and brought to the town of Goodsprings, where the local doctor fixes you up and sends you on your way. This is where the magic of the game reveals itself, because you have a few options here: Investigate the reasons why you were shot; Set out to get revenge on the people who left you for dead; Stick around and help out the denizens of Goodsprings; Strike out into the Mojave Wasteland blindly and forget that this whole ordeal ever went down. What happened to you was unavoidable, but everything that happens now is completely up to you.

The fantastic thing about NEW VEGAS is that it allows for so much. You really can do almost anything that you feel like. Gamble in a casino/Rob a casino. Explore abandoned homes/Break into occupied homes. Retrieve a rare item for an NPC/Shoot him in the back, take the reward, and the rare item. Pick out a nice house or apartment somewhere in the Mojave Wasteland and decorate it with all of the neat items you've accumulated. Help out several different warring factions, and then betray them all. Or you can just explore at random, discovering powerful or rare items along the way, or a series of quests that you never would've found otherwise.

Obsidian Entertainment went into this project knowing full well what players want out of a game like this. A heavily branched main storyline with several different outcomes; warring factions that can be played against each other; emphasis on choice, immersion, and exploration. If you go out of your way to explore some lone compound, an abandoned apartment complex, or a cave system, there's always something to be found, whether it's a new questline or a rare item. The game does an excellent job of rewarding you for being a little adventurous.

That's the base game: a well-written, dialogue heavy, well-executed post-apocalyptic RPG that might never be truly appreciated for the freedom and immersion that it extravagantly imparts to its players. As is, it's still one of the best games I've ever played, and one that you can believe the creators of PLANESCAPE: TORMENT and the original FALLOUT games had a hand in. And like I said, that's the base game.

-DEAD MONEY (4/5 Stars): This was the first expansion to be released for NEW VEGAS, and although it's by far my favorite out of the bunch, there are a few elements that might put off a few players. For one, this is a survival game, through and through. You wake up in the shadow of a mythical casino, stripped of all your items, forced under penalty of death to break into a vault. It's a very stressful experience, compounded by the extreme rarity of life-saving items, weapons of any kind, and how your primary enemies have to be dismembered before they stay dead. That, and after you're finished, you can't go back and explore, so it all has to be done in one shot.

But that all kinda folds into the story of DEAD MONEY, which I'd go out on a limb and say has some of the best writing of any game of this generation. It's a story of greed; that you're essentially being punished for doing things that you always do in an RPG. It has a lot to say, which surprised the heck out of me. The characters you come into contact with are memorable, complex, and just plain fantastic to talk to. And the payoff to the entire thing is just brilliant. The path to the Sierra Madre is an uneven one, but wholly memorable. The words "Begin Again" will likely stick with you for some time.

-HONEST HEARTS (3/5 Stars): Out of the bunch, HONEST HEARTS is probably the weakest. It starts out with a bang, after a caravan you're tasked with protecting ends up biting the dust, leaving you stranded in the Zion National Park. Afterwards, you're quickly caught in the crossfire between several warring tribes, with you becoming the decider in the matter. The whole ordeal is painfully short - only two hours compared to the others which provide eight or more - and the characters that guide you along aren't the most interesting, which the exception of Joshua Graham. There's no shortage of places to explore, and you can come and go as you please when the story is completed, but I'd say Zion itself is the most valuable contribution this expansion makes.

-OLD WORLD BLUES (5/5 Stars): If I hadn't been so taken by the story of DEAD MONEY, this one would take top honors from me. Channeling the zany, nonsensical, nuclear-obsessed sci-fi of the '50s, OLD WORLD BLUES is definitely the most entertaining of the bunch and definitely provides the most distractions. After waking up in the Big Empty, you discover that you've lost your mind. Literally. Your brain is gone, and your mad scientist-cum-cyborg keepers have no idea where it is, or even how you're still alive. "Tesla coils!" is the typical answer here, and they don't get any less hilarious as the story progresses. While the tone is generally humorous, there are some genuinely sentimental (if not full blown sad) moments throughout, making this an A+ effort all around.

-LONESOME ROAD (4/5 Stars): If you pay close attention through the base game and the expansions, you'll know that *all of it* has been building to this ending, but even if you miss all of the little visual/story cues, this is still a worthy conclusion. You'll learn about a man named Ulysses, and how he's the reason you were shot in the head in the first place. The man wants you dead, and he's wanted it for a very long time. But Ulysses is not content with telling you; he wants to show you, and the only way to do that is by following him through the dust-swept ruins of the Divide. The level design is a tad linear (intentional, I know), and since Ulysses is one of two NPCs available to talk to, the expansion might feel like one big running-and-gunning sequence. But this is an add-on that really wanted to drive home the RPG mantra that your decisions matter, and it does so in a powerful way.

-COURIER'S STASH/GUN RUNNERS' ARSENAL: These aren't really story expansions or anything. When the game was released, there was dealer specific DLC that's pretty much been bundled up and placed into these add-ons. In addition to providing a ton of new and unique weapons, it also adds new achievements and challenges (and crafting recipes, I believe). Not amazing or anything, but very nice to have in the package.

In closing, I think your enjoyment of this game will be depend on what you want out of an RPG. This Ultimate Edition of FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS provides hundreds of hours of content, a plethora of very compelling storylines, memorable characters, tons of weapons, and maintains the illusion of choice so well it'll be hard to imagine other players could possibly play the same game you have. FALLOUT 3 might have brought the series/formula to the new generation, but FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS takes that formula, perfects it and somehow manages to create one of the best RPGs in a very long time.

If Obsidian Entertainment hasn't taken a bow already, they're about due for one now.
3232 comments| 334 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 10, 2015
Overall one of the better games of last generations of games. The story I felt is better than Fallout 3, as the build up to who will you side with in who controls the mojave wasteland is amazing. There are so many factions, each with ideologies and visions of how post nuclear life should be. From the brutality of the spartan like Ceasar, to the Sci-fi Howard Hughes like Robert House, or the followers of the old world government like the NCR, each will try to control and influence you in bringing their ideologies to fruition. Best of all is that you can swerve them all and set yourself up as the future of New Vegas. Each of the expansions add something to the mix, raising the cap level higher, and adding many more weapons and perks to the already overwhelming amount. Its a small world on to itself that has humanity programmed in charming and tragic ways.
on April 19, 2016
I got this as a gift for my dad since his 360 games suck and I don't believe his wife has actually play it but in my personal experience it's a great game. I'm really picky with shooters and mostly stick to rpgs which is what makes this game perfect for me. The character customization as far as appearance is far from fantastic but at the least the option is there. Where it really shines is the customization for how your character plays. I usually just stick for stealthy and long range weapons but you can play any way you would like from straight up bashing stuff with a melee weapon to explosives or energy weapons. The world is not as big as fallout 3 but new Vegas does bring some new fun things to it like choosing to work with bad guys and wearing their armor to fit in however opposing factions will attack you if you wear the wrong armor near them. If you like straight up shooters and that's it you might not like this as much with all the dialogue but if you like rpgs and tons of ways to play it's probably a good choice.
on November 1, 2016
ONE of the best games I have ever played in my life. it's Xbox one compatiable. I highly recommend this game to anyone .
on October 24, 2017
I really wanted to like this game. I played and enjoyed Fallout 3, and I like this genre of games in general. However, the constant bugs ruined this game. I walk through a doorway, and my Xbox freezes. I attempt to buy an item, and my Xbox freezes, I drink from a water fountain, and my Xbox freezes. I ended up not even finishing the game because I got tired of getting up, restarting my Xbox, loading the last save, and trying again.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.